“rude and unpleasent staff”

Hi-Tide Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 11 April 2013

the hotel has wonderfull views but the staff is incredibley rude and they dont greet you or say thankyou and they all are very unpleasent to be around., the hotel room was dirty, things didnt work, there was a coffee maker but no coffee pot, we paid $138 a night for a "partial view" well that view was of the side street and no ocean and for $138 a night plus an extra $20 for a cot for my young daughter was rediculous!. also at check in the rude lady forgot to give me my ID bck and I wasnt even told that they had my ID until later that night when they asked me "by the way who's ID is this?" when I was standing right infront of them and they couldnt recognize my picture!?. the pool was dirty and cloudy I never heard a "thankyou" or any thing positive come out of the staffs mouths and I am not going back and I would advise anyone else to NEVER go here unless you want to be around negative and RUDE staff.

Room Tip: If you want a room with an ocean view reserve it at least 1 month ahead of time. but be prepared for...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 March 2013

While I weren't expecting anything fancy or new at the Hi_Tide Motel, I was blown away by the views from our top floor corner room. It was STUNNING!!!

And if that wasn't reason enough to stay there, it is located two short blocks from downtown strip; along with many restaurants, arcades and tourist traps. In short, everything you would ever need in Seaside is steps away from your hotel.

The downside is that some rooms need cosmetic upgrades. But even without them, you can't go wrong at the Hi-Tide Motel. My biggest concern upon checking in were the ultra soft beds, but after nestling into one for the night.... I found them amazingly comfortable.

But the real reason for staying, are the views. Be sure to ask for a corner unit, on either the 2nd or 3rd floors, and come prepared to relax for hours watching the sunset from your room or patio.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, on either the 2nd or 3rd floor. Being they have an elevator, reaching the upp...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom25
Reviewed 11 March 2013

It was a busy weekend in Seaside and we stayed in room 116. The room was very old, and needed ALOT of remodeling, It was extremely dirty. There was long hairs all on the floor in the bathroom. Hairs on the toilet seat as , as well as in the bathtub. The counters were so old they were cracking and very 70's colors, drab and old styling. The entire floor creaked loudly as we walked around. The fireplace hardly lit, and the molding around it was gone in places. The sliding glass door that looked out towards the ocean, had what looked like a huge bare butt print on it and was extremely dirty. Nothing you could nicely see out of. The sliding galss door was SO hard to close.. It took all my strength . The beds were Horrible. Mine was so soft and dipped so much in the middle that you could fill the springs as you moved around. . The phone was extremely dirty, so dirty, I'm sure it couldn't be cleaned well even if you tried. This entire room never felt clean. It was hard to be there. They should replace the door and just about everything in that room. It was NOT worth 152.00. a night.. I'm so glad it was only for ONE night!.. Very disappointed in our stay.. Hope they make changes soon!! From other reviews, this room sounds totally different from all the others.. I hope so.. We just got a very bad room.

Room Tip: don't go to the beach when a convention or big attraction is there. Motels fill up very fast the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed with the KPTV Coast Week that was 2 for 1.
All the Seasdie attractions are in walking distance.
Room was very clean, staff was very nice.
Being ocean front was so nice & an easy walk to the beach.
Would love to go back, hope I come across another deal.

Room Tip: If you can ask for a room on the north end away from the turn around traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ti P
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This was a really nice choice. We had an ocean view room on the beach (with the Promenade between the motel and the beach – there is limited privacy). The room was very nice. We had ocean access and could walk to the downtown area. They have coffee and packaged muffins in the morning and cookies after 7pm. We enjoyed our stay and for ocean view the cost was not bad.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ozzy O
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My honey and I go to Seaside for three days each September. Usually when traveling we spend little time in our rooms. The Hi-Tide is a big exception. Our nest is so big, light and airy, with a view of the beach and ocean. There is every comfort along with wi-fi, a DVD player (we bring Netflix) and a big bed, along with a hot tub and pool. We use coupons from motel.com and roomsaver to get an amazing rate. The staff is friendly and helpful. All in all, this our favorite lodging and a great value.

Room Tip: The upper side rooms have no balcony, but still a good view of the beach and ocean and cost $20 less...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck B
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

We stay here every year in September. I love that this place is a bit south (just a few blocks) of the more noisy areas of the promenade. When you open the door to the balcony you hear the ocean waves and not a just a bunch of people. The location (as close to the ocean as you can get) and balcony make this place wonderful. The clean but dated rooms include charming gas fireplaces and convenient kitchenettes. We keep our balcony door open during our entire stay and enjoys the sounds of the ocean and the fresh ocean breezes. Big plus: the wonderful restaurant, Maggie's, is right next door!!

• Stayed: September 2012