“Good for 1 night”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Beaverton, Oregon
“Good for 1 night”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at the Hi-tide non beach view location, and it was an inexpensive and good alternative to spending more than $180 for another hotel or location. It's old, but it was clean and easy, and the front desk help was very friendly. Great location and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Kennewick, WA
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights on third floor partial view of the ocean. I really like the location of this hotel, being on the quiet end of the boardwalk. Like everyone has stated it is most definitely dated.. yellow sink, toilet, and tub. Everything seemed cleaned and tidy except our toilet. I hate to say it, but I think they forgot to clean entire toilet from previous people where as I saw some... stains on seat and handle? Also the no A/C thing was a pain because our room was very hot and humid, but the staff brought us a fan promptly when we asked. So I thank them for that. Comfy king sized bed and spacious room was a plus! The elevator was useful as well. Overall, I like this place and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked almost a year in advance for the 4th of July. When checking in, I stepped out for my liscense plate and they charged my mom's card 3x the amount we were supposed to pay! I asked what happened "We have a 2 night minimum for the holiday" I explained that my reservation was for 1 night. She rudely said "No it isn't." I went to my car and got my copy, and when I went back in, a different lady said "We're busy, we said to come back later!" I said I would wait for the 2 guests to finish checking in, but I wanted to get it fixed so we could move on with our day. She then pulled the first lady side and spoke rudely of me where I, and the other guests could hear. When it was my turn, the lady didn't say a word to me, or look at my reservation. She handed me a paper and said she credited the card. She had charged me $180 plus tax, my rate was $160 plus tax. When I asked her about it, she said "Let's just leave it like this since we credited you back." Um, no! She finally charged the correct amount, but never looked at the reservation I had in my hand. Makes me wonder if they had it right to begin with and just tried to charge extra? We finally got to our room which was badly outdated, no A/C, and our fireplace didn't work. My daughter really enjoyed the pool and we did have a good view of the fireworks, which really were the only positives.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelready2014
Portland, OR
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A friend and I had Groupons for the Hi Tide, which made our two-night stay only $60 per night - a real bargain. I had a double queen with kitchenette (so convenient), table with two chairs, and balcony on the third floor. I think the views are best from the second and third floors - almost 180 degrees of beach and ocean - wonderful! The bed was very comfortable. Most of the room seemed clean, but the floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed, or not well vacuumed. It's also located within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants in Seaside, including two good coffee houses. There's no restaurant, and the continental breakfast is coffee, juice, a piece of fruit, and packaged muffins. Some bakery pastries would go a long way to making it better.

Room Tip: Second and third floors have the best views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This motel is located right on the beach-front promenade, and all rooms face the ocean. While dated, it is clean, comfortable, spacious, with a basic kitchen and excellent free WiFi. The bathroom is small but functional and clean. Excellent value for an experience on the ocean, in a small town that has a carnival atmosphere. You can walk to many restaurants & shops.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iTravelkeen
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right on the prom and right on the beach. It is definitely a dated hotel who is trying to be a decent hotel. They allow dogs for a fee. The tv is not a flat screen. The bathroom is harvest gold. The kitchenette is orange. But everything is clean, even under the bed. Warning: they do NOT have air-conditioning, but give you a fan to bring the outside air in. Most times, you do not need air conditioning in seaside.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Location right on the ocean is great. Room is very dated, 1970s colors and style. Room is large and a comfy bed, although the pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. But price was reasonable and good value and staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014