“Great location”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Meridian, Idaho
“Great location”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I read the reviews before booking so I knew to expect outdated furnishings and fixtures. I selected the exact type of room that would make our vacation enjoyable via Booking.com. There was some kind of glitch with the hotel's reservation system so when we checked in the first night we got stuck in a terrible room on the second floor - fireplace and alarm clock didn't work, no coffee, mildew growing on bathroom walls, two beds instead of the one king I had specifically reserved. But once we had a conversation with Deb, the manager, she worked things out so we could move the next day to a room on the 3rd floor that was just what we wanted. Great view from the balcony, working fireplace, working alarm clock, coffee provided, and a very comfortable king-size bed. The staff at the front desk were pleasant, and apologetic about the first night's mix-up. The hotel's location is very convenient for walking on the Prom to town for shopping or dining out, and having a mini-kitchen is very handy as well.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and specify a room on the top floor, but not at the south corner due to nois...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Shelton, Washington
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stopped at Seaside on our way home from a stay at Lincoln City and decided to look in to a place to stay. I found this hotel on Booking.com and decided to go check it out. My interaction with the desk staff was fantastic. They did everything they could to get me into a room even though it was early and I was good with waiting. The location is fantastic, probably only about 100 to 150 yards from the promenade and the deck was fantastic for sitting out. It is a bit dated but I found it to be very acceptable. I am someone who needs AC but was very good with leaving the door cracked plus there was a fan in the room. The teenagers are pretty active on skateboards on the walkway out front at night but really wouldn't have been noticed if I hadn't been sitting out. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: It is only an extra $20 for the rooms with the decks.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great location with beautiful views of the Pacific ocean. Walking distance to most attractions. This place is a bit dated, but overall, a wonderful value. Desk staff are friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel.

Gladstone, Oregon
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our room was clean and comfortable with a fantastic view and great location. Fresh cookies in the lobby in the evening. This was right on the boardwalk about 6 blocks south of the prom.The cost was extremely reasonable. I'll be back!

Room Tip: 211was our room and it was great!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at the Hi-tide non beach view location, and it was an inexpensive and good alternative to spending more than $180 for another hotel or location. It's old, but it was clean and easy, and the front desk help was very friendly. Great location and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Kennewick, WA
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights on third floor partial view of the ocean. I really like the location of this hotel, being on the quiet end of the boardwalk. Like everyone has stated it is most definitely dated.. yellow sink, toilet, and tub. Everything seemed cleaned and tidy except our toilet. I hate to say it, but I think they forgot to clean entire toilet from previous people where as I saw some... stains on seat and handle? Also the no A/C thing was a pain because our room was very hot and humid, but the staff brought us a fan promptly when we asked. So I thank them for that. Comfy king sized bed and spacious room was a plus! The elevator was useful as well. Overall, I like this place and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked almost a year in advance for the 4th of July. When checking in, I stepped out for my liscense plate and they charged my mom's card 3x the amount we were supposed to pay! I asked what happened "We have a 2 night minimum for the holiday" I explained that my reservation was for 1 night. She rudely said "No it isn't." I went to my car and got my copy, and when I went back in, a different lady said "We're busy, we said to come back later!" I said I would wait for the 2 guests to finish checking in, but I wanted to get it fixed so we could move on with our day. She then pulled the first lady side and spoke rudely of me where I, and the other guests could hear. When it was my turn, the lady didn't say a word to me, or look at my reservation. She handed me a paper and said she credited the card. She had charged me $180 plus tax, my rate was $160 plus tax. When I asked her about it, she said "Let's just leave it like this since we credited you back." Um, no! She finally charged the correct amount, but never looked at the reservation I had in my hand. Makes me wonder if they had it right to begin with and just tried to charge extra? We finally got to our room which was badly outdated, no A/C, and our fireplace didn't work. My daughter really enjoyed the pool and we did have a good view of the fireworks, which really were the only positives.

1 Thank travelready2014