“Disappointing visit this time”
Review of Guido and Vito's

Guido and Vito's
Ranked #47 of 115 Restaurants in Seaside
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I have been eating at this restaurant at least 1 dinner each time we visit Seaside ever since they opened 10 years ago. The food is awesome and usually the staff are great....until this last visit. One wait person seemed irritated that the other wait person wasn't available when we arrived, and he made a comment to that affect to us. The young lady that was our wait person started out wonderfully, but toward the end of our meal, we felt like we were being ignored as she flitted from one table to another while we waited for her to return...and it was obvious that we had finished our meal....each time she passed our table, she would look down to the floor...finally after 20 minutes, she returned asking if we'd like dessert...by then, we had decided that we didn't want to be there any longer than we needed to be....we paid our check and left. Will we eat there again??? Of course....and hopefully, the wait staff will return to the usual high caliber that we've known and loved for the last 10 years.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The good news is that the food was fairly good-- tasty, nice portions. Seafood was slightly overcooked, but still acceptable. My wife's ravioli was very satisfying to her. The wine list was unexceptional.

But... rather than describing the dinner specials, the server chose to bring over the plate of food that someone at another table had ordered! Never had that happen before and I felt uncomfortable with that. Not only that, but I still don't know what it was.. All in all, the service seemed unsure-- didn't appear to quite know what to do or how to do it, although in the end it all turned out OK.

Given the number of good restaurants in Seaside, I'd skip this one!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I ordered the crab ravioli and it was so over sauced that the taste of the crab was completely hidden. I had decided to give it a second try, since the first time I had gone there we were not satisfied.

1  Thank Connie B
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very friendly wait staff, food was tasty and fresh. We especially enjoyed the maple, balsamic tomatoes that came with the salad.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We had a lovely dinner at Guido and Vito's on a rainy night in Seaside. Josh our waiter was extremely helpful and knowledgable...he let us know about the wine specials and offered a great red that complimented our dinner that Camarino prepared. Try the tower appetizer with their special balsamic reduction with maple syrup. I had the butternut squash ravioli and my friend had the shrimp skewers and steamed vegetables. Josh suggested the canoli for dessert...so delicious. We highly recommend this restaurant...ask for Josh the next time you are in Seaside.