“new!”

River Inn at Seaside
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

River Inn exceeded my expectations, although I did pay a fair bit for the room, but guess it's because I booked in the peak season. The staff was awesome, very friendly and genuine. Everything is new and maintained well. The only (small) issue I had was that the bed was pretty high, I needed to hop up to the bed. Probably one of the highest bed I've ever slept in. Location was good, I didn't need to be at the beach. There's also a children's playground, very cute. I would highly recommend River Inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for River Inn at Seaside

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great place, wonderful staff..close to beach & town..a bit noisy on the city side...morning noise ..garbage trucks & street cleaners..no view of the ocean but still a nice view...river view would have been better..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river would be quieter
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute. We LOVED the little playground, pool, breakfast, etc. However, I feel the price is a little steep. Also the beds are so high that a vertically challenged person like myself (& kids) had an extremely difficult time getting on the bed.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank pepgrad98
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We paid over $250 for 2 adults and 2 children for one night in one room with two queen beds. If it had been around $150, it would have been reasonable value and I would have been happy. For $250, I expect excellence but it was only ok.

For the money, I expected a spacious room and a cooked breakfast. But, no, we could hardly fit our luggage in the room and breakfast was cereal, toast and waffles. I did not like the fact that breakfast was served on paper plates - it did not fit in with the price and general upscale atmosphere of the hotel. Also, breakfast is served in the lobby, which was utter bedlam. All the tables are very close together and once there are people sitting down, you cannot move between the tables. The hotel was probably full and we must have come for breakfast at a busy time and there was actually nowhere in the breakfast area for us to sit. We went outside, which could have been lovely, but it was very hot and a there was no absolutely no shade.

The pool was very nice but it didn't open til quite late in the morning, so again, when we got there, it was packed with very boisterous older kids, who unfortunately were playing rather dangerously and inconsiderately. I don't think think the hotel pays any attention to what is going on in the pool. Maybe CCTV would be a good idea.

Apart from being too small to store our luggage, the room was comfortable and stylish. However, we did have a problem with the soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower falling off the wall and onto our feet.

We paid an extra $10 for a river view. We did have a river view, but we were also at the end of the corridor right next to a busy road!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view at the non-road end of the hotel
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank trigirlsheila
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at River Inn at Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear we didn’t meet your expectations. August is our peak Season here in Seaside and we try and keep our rates very competitive. The indoor pool is open from 10am to 10pm and we have cameras to ensure safety, however we will take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review, we hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at the River Inn. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to be helpful! The facilities were great and our kids loved picking out the free DVDs from their library. I especially liked their saltwater pool. Very nice new place to stay in Seaside!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My Husband and I stayed here for two nights in August 2014. We didn't know what to expect, but we loved it. The rooms and entire hotel were nicer than we expected. Walking distance to the beach, nice location by the river. The breakfast included was good, we liked the waffles especially. One nice surprise was that they had two bikes that could be borrowed. We borrowed them one evening and biked along the promenade at the beach. It was a great bonus that we loved! We would definitely stay here again. The only reason I give it a "very good" instead of "excellent" is because the first day we were there the room smelled a bit like something had burnt. When we spoke to the front desk employee about it they said that a guest had burnt popcorn in the room that morning. I don't think this is the usual for them at all, and I would still stay there again. Left the window open for a bit and the problem was basically solved.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had not planned our last two nights in the Pacific Northwest and decided to go to the OR coast. I chose the River Inn based on other Trip Advisor recommendations. They were very accurate. Clean room and comfy beds. Everything very close by for walking down Broadway or walking the Promenade along ocean. We came during the beach volleyball event and so Seaside was pretty busy. I thought the hotel would be noisy, but our room was actually quite quiet which was surprising to me. Since reserving online I mentioned it was our 25 th anniversary getaway and we received quite a welcome when we arrived. Such a nice gesture and so appreciated! The front desk staff were so kind and genuinely interested in us and our stay. Yes, cookies and DVD selection were nice added touches.

1  Thank Sue C