“I Must Tell You.....”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Olympia, Washington
“I Must Tell You.....”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The Rivertides Suites FIT THE BILL. Honestly, we didn't even look at this as on option for our family trip (9 people) as it seemed a bit spendy. However, once I found a "Buy 2 Nights, Get 1 Free" for a 2-bedroom suite it was on the list for sure!

Darryl was excellent on the phone and explained the rooms, the location, the pool, etc. I had a million questions and requests but he took each in stride. Great customer service.

Well, the photos on their website and those from travelers here are right on the money. We booked a 4th floor studio and 2-bedroom for our group. Bedding was super comfy, loads of pillows, and kitchen was really nicely equipped (Tin foil as well? Rock on!).

Bathroom was a good size to share with my hubby and child and the double sinks were appreciated. Bubbler tub was fun too! I also must tell you that I thought the bath goodies were an excellent brand. The lotion was beautifully scented of rose and lavender and I grabbed one extra for my car. Speaking of housekeeping...we had a messy (and iccky) mirror in our room. However, once I told the front desk about this, it was cleaned promptly. Housekeeping staff was also quite nice with our large group as well.

Breakfast was pretty good and we loved the cooked oatmeal on the weekend days (instant on the weekdays). Kids dug the cereal selection and everyone really loved those breakfast burritos! Coffee and tea 24/7 was a big hit with our group too!

One feature we really enjoyed was the Manager's Reception. Mr. Goss was gregarious and really seemed to enjoy his time meeting all the guests. He constantly had a smile and was so welcoming. Bud Light and red wine (Twisted) were just dandy. However, just the opportunity to sit and relax before heading out to dinner was my favorite part of the day. You don't see this too often at a resort and I felt this really was a unique feature to the Rivertides Suites.

Would like to see a larger pool given the number of kids this weekend, but it was clean and the hot tub was the right temperature. Ahhhhh.

Everything was within walking distance and we could hear the waves on the beach.

Overall, a great value (with Manager's Special pricing) and I'd strongly suggest you take your family there. Now. Get off your tail and get online and make a reservation.

Good people, good bed, good value.

Room Tip: I'd say book an upper level floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I needed an overnight room and stumbled upon the riverview inn. Withoout a reservation I walked in and negociated the room rate down. They were not very busy and it was after 8pm. I received a one bedroom unit. Very well equipt room having HD TVs in living room and bedroom, in unit washer dryer for you to use, fireplace, and fully equiped kitchen. If I was goning to spend several days in Seaside, I would selecct the same property. Hot breakfast is included in the room rate. This was a great deal!

University Place, Washington
Reviewed 17 October 2011

WE have stayed here 4 times and loved it every time! the rooms are great for families with special need diets. We cook every meal and it saves alot of money too. the staf is excellent. The facilities are awesome! The short walk to town/beach is great. The beds are the best in the industry! I always recommend this place to everyone looking for a place in seaside!

Room Tip: Save money by getting a mountian view room. And if you need they have pet free rooms for allergy rea...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Chehalis
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My husband and I had a change in our vacation plans. We ended up in Seaside, Oregon and began looking for reasonably priced, pleasing accommodations. We went to several places and we were not happy with what we encountered. My husband called a phone number that was listed on the outside of the Rivertide Suites. He spoke to Jeff, who, after telling my husband a most agreeable price, told us to come on over and take a look. He was very friendly and gracious. We looked at the suite and were pleasantly surprised with the amenities. We found the room clean, cozy, and full of everything needed for a pleasant stay. The bed was very comfortable and the fireplace was an added treat. We sat on the balcony and enjoyed watching the herons, ducks, harbor seals, and jumping fish that frequented the small stream in front of the hotel. We especially enjoyed the manager's five o'clock get together each day, where we were served snacks, wine, beer, sodas, and hot drinks. Since we did not bring along a computer, we were not concerned about those types of amenities. All in all, Rivertide Suites was a most enjoyable place to stay.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My wife and I spent 8 nights at Rivertide while we participated in the Seaside Regional Bridge tournament. The location was perfect just minutes away from the convention center and the unbelievable beach.
The one bedroom suite was well appointed with everything that we needed for the week. It was a perfect place to relax after a full day at the bridge table. The hotel gym was spacious with the right mixture of cardio equipment.
The only down side was that wireless service was an extra cost. However a business center was avavilable with free internet access.
We would definately stay again at Rivertide.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river would be my first choice. Th fourth floor river side might have view of the...
Yakima
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Being a mom of two little ones, ages 1 and 3, I tend to need all the comforts of home when I'm away from home. Rivertide was just what my husband and I needed. We stayed in a one bedroom, one bath suite for four nights. While my husband and I enjoyed our clean, crisp linens, down comforter and flat screen TV in the bedroom, our 3 year old slept soundly on the hideaway bed in the living room. The kitchen had all the plates and utensils that I needed to prepare and serve dinner for our small family. The entire suite was clean, had modern decor and didn't harbor any musty or gross smells. The staff and hotel management were warm and friendly. There is a fee for internet access, so that's a bit of a bummer. The free breakfast was better than average because they offered waffles, breakfast burritos, and biscuits n gravy. We will stay here again and recommend Rivertide Suites to others. Truly, a home away from home!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Southwest Washington
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Stayed in a two-bedroom, two-bath suite for one night. Beds were comfy, linens nice, overall very impressed with the unit. We had a view of the mountains + parking lot below, but that was okay in that we weren't staying there for the view on this specific trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room looking towards the City if a view is what you want.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends