“Room with a view”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Sisters, Oregon
“Room with a view”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Walked in for one room with two beds and found no two bed rooms available. The manager, Ed Hopman, made sure we had a room. He updated us to a one bedroom suite with a sofa bed for our daughter. Then he offered glass of wine and a beer to help us unwind and then made a suggestion for dinner. Dinner at the Finns restaurant was perfect., The room overlooked the bay, had plenty of room and was very clean. The overall experience at the hotel was terrific with friendly employees to assist in your stay. Ed didnt forget us. When we returned from dinner, he approached us to see if we located a restaurant. He seemed genuinely interested in our satisfaction of our stay. He was much appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms with the bay view and balcony are a must. Excellent view!
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for the positive comments and feedback especially as it relates to our associates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Ha Just kidding. Thought that might get a few peoples attention. I would like to say that this is Seasides best kept secret but I don't think its all that secret.......
I love this place. I have been coming here for years and I rarely stay anywhere else unless I need a big place for extended family.
The rooms are great! I never have to worry about whether or not the room will be nice or not because they are always the same. From the well equipped kitchen, to the beautiful granite countertops and tiled floors, to the friendly staff. They are always helpful and asking if there is anything we need. It has a relaxed family feeling. We enjoy the 'happy hour' with snacks, non-alcoholic drinks and wine. Even the (carb-laden) breakfast is a nice added bonus. I don't usually eat it but my kids do! Is it ocean front? no Does it have ocean views? mmmm maybe from the top balcony. I love the room balconies overlooking the river. I sit out there in the mornings with my coffee and the evenings. I don't mind the short walk to the beach! I highly recommend the River-tides Suites if you are staying in or near Seaside. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I always get the one or two bedroom facing the river on the 3rd floor or higher. I would imagine an...
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. While we wish the title of the review matched the service and quality you received, we hope other readers will look past the title. Thank you again.
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We choose to stay here every year for our annual family vacay, & every year more and more of us show up. We never have any check in or stay issues. We're a large group and therefore we tend to be loud, but the staff and management has always been patient and accommodating, more so, welcoming. They made us feel like we belonged there exclusively! They were even able to clean our room at 6pm (when HSKP was probably trying to go home) upon request. The kids were excited about being able to get hot cocoa & board games in the lobby no matter what the time, & loved the sand dollars Mark (Mr.Hopman the manager-who doesn't hide in a back office, but rather has a desk right there in the lobby) have them as souvenirs. The front desk agent (wish I remembered her name) even gave the kids blank room cards to make them feel special, & save me from the ambush! The rooms are spacious, clean, bright & beautiful. We never heard the outside world while in our rooms, & the river view is serene. Location is amazing. Just blocks from the beach, yet at the edge of the pretty little town to ensure you're really "getting away". This place is perfect. The sign above the front desk reads "enter as strangers, leave as friends." Couldn't be any more fitting anywhere but here. Thank you Rivertide. You folks are fabulous.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review. Mark does a terrific job and thrives on servicing such great guests.
Newcastle, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is my first trip to Seaside. My extended family has been going here for the past 4 years for a family getaway/reunion . This year i decided to join the family reunion with my family. Our family booked 4 rooms total from Friday to Monday. At first when we parked to check into the Rivertide Suites, it looked like your average 3 Star hotel. We checked in with no waits. We asked if we can use the banquet room for Saturday night for our family reunion, and the manager said no problem. When we unpacked etc.. We needed more shampoo/conditioner/bath towels. My son called and within 5 minutes we received everything. Wow. After 10 minutes the front desk phoned to ask if everything was good and if we received everything we asked for. Wow. The staff at this place is amazing. As the title of my review says: The service at this place exceeds expectations by far. You wouldn't get this kind of service at the Fairmont/Sheraton/4 Seasons etc..... Mark Hopman ( Front Office Manager ) made sure our family was extremely happy with our visit. I will def recommend this place for anyone and everyone. The managers reception from 5-6pm is awesome. All you can drink beer and wine. How can the trip be better? My kids went down and Mark gave them "Sand Dollars", ( seashells)
You have to visit this place.

1 Thank gabrielsingh
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
You have made our day! Thank you for recognizing the team and we are always thrilled when we deliver on our promises and guests recognize us for that.
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was one of the best places I have stayed at! The staff and manager are so friendly and the rooms are exceptionally clean. They met all our needs and went above and beyond! I will be staying here again! We have our annual family trip there which was more than 25 people and we all had a great experience!

Saleshni Chand

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, we stayed in the last room on the fourth floor which was a little bigger.
1 Thank Saleshni C
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
WOW! Thank you for the great review and I am glad we were able to make such a memorable occasion just that much better.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My partner and I had initially booked two nights stay at place we were not happy with. We immediately had to look for an alternative place to stay. Rivertide Suites thankfully had a room available on short notice. Mark was sympathetic to our situation and took great care of us. He found us a suite on the third floor with a full kitchen. The room was clean and comfortable and just perfect for us. All at a reasonably good price. Thank you Mark - we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I am glad everything worked out and we were able to make a bad situation turn out to be a positive one.
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for only a couple days and got a great deal online. Once we arrived they offered us the upgrade suite for a small fee so we took it and really enjoyed the room and loved the shower!! We were on the 4th floor with a great view almost to the ocean. Kitchen is cute but appliances are small and not super functional. The staff from our arrival on were great and extremely friendly everytime we saw them. Always very welcoming. The manager was always especially cheerful and seemed to care that your stay goes great. The breakfast is a nice touch and lot's of coffee. If you don't care about staying on the beach we found this location to be excellent and close to everything. Will definitley stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and especially the thoughtful comments.