“Excellent hotel, with a few caveats” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Seaside
Highland, CA
“Excellent hotel, with a few caveats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a two-bedroom, two-bath suite with a full kitchen. It was like being in a good-sized apartment. Our balcony had a 180-degree view, taking in part of downtown and the mountains, as well as the river and the ocean in the distance. We also had our own washer and dryer.

The front-desk staff were very personable and helpful.

I will stay with the five-star review, although our stay wasn't without minor problems:

Housekeeping: This is typically the weak link in most hotels, owing to lack of attention to detail on the part of the housekeepers. One day we returned to find a bath towel on top of the rack, rather than neatly folded or replaced, and a sheet thrown onto one of the beds. I asked for the housekeeping supervisor to inspect the room. Supplies that were used were not always replaced.

Elevators: I don't know if there was another elevator in the building, but the one that we used to go to the second floor moved just slightly faster than the speed of evolution. This, with no one else using the elevator at the time, and with only three floors with guest rooms above the lobby level.

Noise: Our suite overlooked First Avenue, which is a busy street because of the convention center 1/2 block to the west. It is also a better route to the beach, as the streets in the old downtown are rather narrow. There was quite a bit of commercial traffic on this street at all hours, as well as idiots on skateboards.

All in all, we'd definitely stay here again. The proximity to the convention center and beach was excellent. We could leave our car at the hotel and walk almost everywhere.

Room Tip: Avoid suites on the south side of the hotel, due to the noise mentioned in the review. Alert the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for the solid review and we recognize that there were some things we could have done a better job of. Thank you for calling those items to our attention. They will be corrected. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just came home after spending a few nights in the beautiful seaside Oregon. The area is beautiful and only a short drive to Cannon beach, Astoria and more. The Rivertide is a beautiful hotel just a few streets from the coast line. The rooms were amazing and very clean - no issues/concerns there. Unfortunately the gym was a complete mess and disaster - yes people do work out on vacation lol! I talked to front desk staff on two occassions to have the equipment cleaned, dirty towels taken away, and to have proper sanitization items handy in order to wipe down the treadmills, etc. Also there was no air in the room which made it overly stuffy. The staff did not address any of these issues until I again mentioned it at check out. Another dissapointing aspect of the hotel was the breakfast - it is mentioned that it is a full breakfast, unfortunately there were no warm eggs - only warm item was grits and oatmeal....three choices for cereal...etc. The evening managers event is a great idea - between 5 and 6pm nightly beer and wine is served - however the snacks consisted only of preztels and goldfish - it would be better to have an easy to make appy or someother pub type food to entice more people to enjoy the hotel at this time. Do take the time to go to the crow's nest on the top floor - awesome view. I would return to this hotel in the future and hope that they will make small changes/improvements to make this hotel gain a better review.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen K
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and accommodations. I am sorry about the conditions in the fitness room. No excuse for that and it has been fixed. Thank you again for choosing us.
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our family of six stayed in one of the two bedroom suites. It was such a great place!! Highly recommended. Our kids loved it so much they didn't want to leave when our three night stay was over. We would love to come back. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. The facility was clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed... the washer/dryer, the kitchen, closet and armoire for our clothes, and we loved the huge jetted tub in the master bath! Wonderful! Can't wait to come back! :) Thank You Rivertide Suites for providing a place for large families to stay and play!

Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Mission accomplished! Thanks for letting us know that everything was to your liking and we could play a small part in making your vacation special.
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

When I came to Seaside there were no rooms at most hotels. Was sent here by another hotel and was so glad I was. Reasonable prices. Room was like an apartment. Even had its own washer and dryer. Would definitely come back here in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a terrific review. We appreciate it very much.
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. I usually rent beach houses, but I had a family emergency so my visit this time was unplanned. The service I received at the front desk was friendly, kind, and compassionate. The room I stayed in had every comfort I could have asked for during my stay. I had a living room area with a gas fireplace and a recliner, a large kitchenette with a kitchen table, a small balcony, a comfortable bed, and a jacuzzi bathtub. It was new and beautiful. It lifted my spirits to rest there during one of the saddest times in my life as my mother was dying on hospice nearby. The free breakfast was much appreciated as I would not have eaten otherwise. And the mini cocktail hour was welcome, as I really needed a glass of wine toward the end of the day. Sitting outside next to the river brought me some much needed peace. Thank you, staff of Rivertide Suites, for the peace, comfort and privacy in my stay....and for your warmth, patience, and kindness in response to my randomly tear-filled requests at the front desk. You never know what is going on in the life of one of your guests or how your small gestures and kind smiles can comfort someone's darkest hours. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cnft
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for sharing this with us and I am glad we could play some part in comforting you and helping you heal from this difficult time in your life. At the end of the day all we have are people.
Sisters, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Walked in for one room with two beds and found no two bed rooms available. The manager, Ed Hopman, made sure we had a room. He updated us to a one bedroom suite with a sofa bed for our daughter. Then he offered glass of wine and a beer to help us unwind and then made a suggestion for dinner. Dinner at the Finns restaurant was perfect., The room overlooked the bay, had plenty of room and was very clean. The overall experience at the hotel was terrific with friendly employees to assist in your stay. Ed didnt forget us. When we returned from dinner, he approached us to see if we located a restaurant. He seemed genuinely interested in our satisfaction of our stay. He was much appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms with the bay view and balcony are a must. Excellent view!
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for the positive comments and feedback especially as it relates to our associates.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Ha Just kidding. Thought that might get a few peoples attention. I would like to say that this is Seasides best kept secret but I don't think its all that secret.......
I love this place. I have been coming here for years and I rarely stay anywhere else unless I need a big place for extended family.
The rooms are great! I never have to worry about whether or not the room will be nice or not because they are always the same. From the well equipped kitchen, to the beautiful granite countertops and tiled floors, to the friendly staff. They are always helpful and asking if there is anything we need. It has a relaxed family feeling. We enjoy the 'happy hour' with snacks, non-alcoholic drinks and wine. Even the (carb-laden) breakfast is a nice added bonus. I don't usually eat it but my kids do! Is it ocean front? no Does it have ocean views? mmmm maybe from the top balcony. I love the room balconies overlooking the river. I sit out there in the mornings with my coffee and the evenings. I don't mind the short walk to the beach! I highly recommend the River-tides Suites if you are staying in or near Seaside. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I always get the one or two bedroom facing the river on the 3rd floor or higher. I would imagine an...
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. While we wish the title of the review matched the service and quality you received, we hope other readers will look past the title. Thank you again.