“A Great Find!”
Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The rooms here are just the best. Homey living room with large TV over the gas fireplace, DVD player, modern and spacious kitchen with all the cookery and utensils, spacious bathroom with huge jetted tub, bedroom with a King and another TV. Even though it was a busy Labor Day weekend, the sleep quality for this light sleeper was outstanding. Balcony with chairs and great view of the river as well looking west you can see Tillamook Head and the parts of the ocean (4th floor). Staff very friendly, rooms very clean. The breakfast was adequate, really enjoyed the bisquits and gravy. I did not miss having an ocean front room, the view here is actually more interesting. Short walk to the Promonade boardwalk and the beach. Would definitely stay here again. Other suite type hotels should be modeled after this place.

Room Tip: Get a suite on the 3rd or 4th floor facing the river.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Terrance B, Owner at Rivertide Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for the Great review. We are thrilled that you selected us and enjoyed your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Now that I've sucked you in with the Title, let me tell you about all the Good things along with the few minor negatives. First we booked a 1 bedroom with sofa sleeper as the 2 room suites were sold out when making our reservation. To our surprise, we walked into a 2 bedroom complimentary upgrade facing the river. So cute and so cozy with a little sitting area, petite kitchen, 2 bedroom and 1 3/4 bath.

The staff really went above and beyond when we forgot our matches to light a fire on the beach. Not only did they have a lighter, but plenty of paper and even forced additional kindling, marshmallows and roasting sticks upon us to take to the beach.

I liked that there was an evening managers reception with drinks and snacks, but was a tad disappointed in that the snacks were simply pretzels and another light mix. Since we are on the subject of foot, nothing special for breakfast as it was the run of the mill which is accepted at most hotels that serve a morning breakfast.

Downside/Upside is that this hotel is very family friendly. With that in mind, know that there will be family noise all around you.

What my eye saw that I'd suggest the hotel addresses. The fitness room is the first I've ever seen which did not offer a water cooler. The pool area has some rust around the door areas which need to be painted and freshened up. The rooms and linens were great, but in both showers there is some mildew which is starting to grow in the grout lines which needs to be addressed. Nothing big and it didn't discussed me, but still was something which is easily addressed for the rest of the hotel is pretty dialed in.

Oh and I can't believe how cozy the beds were. I never sleep in and somehow I had the best rest all year and slept past 9am.

All in all, I felt really welcomed, the value was good, the service was great and we will be coming back again for sure as this is our new favorite hotel in Seaside.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the kind words and compliments about our hotel and its team. You have also given us a few good suggestions and observations for us to follow-up on. Thank you for that.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

From the entrance to the hallways and elevator the hotel was very dirty. The room was okay, but awkward layout, no closet space. Bed had a low spot in the middle. Staff was cold, not welcoming. The breakfast was below most we have stayed at. Would never stay there again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I am very sorry you feel this way and I hope you will give us another try in the future. Again, my apologies for any dissatisfaction you had with our hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I really love this hotel. It is clean and the room is excellent just like stayed at home. I can cook my own favorite dishes while I stayed. I love their jet bathtub, and the washier and dryer. The staffs are very helpful and friendly. This is the hotel I will recommand!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the Great Review and sharing it with others.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife, our adult daughter, and I stayed in a two bedroom suite on the third floor facing the river. At least for our visit, this is a place for families with kids. Lots of noise and active children in the hallways and common areas. The worst was we had a group above us who were very active and it quickly became evident that the soundproofing between the floor/ceiling was inadequate. We could hear conversations, drawers opening and closing, and constant jumping and banging. We did not want to be spoilers so we only complained about the commotion when it reached 10:00 PM. The staff were very courteous and immediately took steps to stop the noise. They did not say so but I sensed that they have to deal with this complaint often. However it is a fault in the original design that they can do nothing about. So if you are adults looking for peace and quiet I would look somewhere else.

The internet service was completely inadequate. There were simply too many people trying to use a system that was undersized. If was very difficult to connect and when you did you were dropped too often to make it usable. Again the staff were great and offered to refund the charge. Enough other people were complaining that I think this will get corrected by the owners. However if the internet is critical to you for business or other reasons be sure and ask if the problem has been fixed before booking.

The staff were excellent; well mannered, pleasant, and at all times very helpful. Some of the best I have experienced in a none upscale hotel. The room was large, well appointed, and very comfortable. The hallways were a little narrow and the hallway carpets had a few too many stains to suit me but otherwise we were very pleased with the building, parking, and grounds (except the sound problem as noted above).

In addition for us we liked the location. Close enough to walk to all the Seaside activities but far enough away to get away from the street noises and crush of people on Broadway when we needed a break.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the constructive feedback on the hotel. We are making a number of improvements to the hotel this Fall with a new Wi-Fi system, carpeting in the hallways, and new flooring in all rooms. I am very sorry about the noise issues. We need to do a better job of policing the less than considerate behavior of other guests.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

2 Bedroom suites are Excellent rooms - like an apartment. Great rates for the space you get. You can cook your own dinner in the full kitchen or walk to some local restaurants for fresh seafood. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for the GREAT review and sharing your positive thoughts and observations with others. It is a the best compliment we could ever ask for.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family of four really enjoyed our recent stay at the Rivertide Suites. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast bar.
We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are very peaceful. Ground floor was perfect for taking our dog outside.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with others. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and the service they deliver