“Absolutely top class room”
Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
London
“Absolutely top class room”
Reviewed 13 December 2008

Booked with some trepidation because little choice - ended up with 2 bedroom suite as only option for two of us! However, this accommodation was of a very high standard even compared to the luxury hotels in Hong Kong and Singapore. It's amazing given that the town itself is somewhat old-fashioned. Really good location for touring. Room facilities very good for longer stays eg. laundry and families. Very good value for money.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Old-fashioned town
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 23 October 2008

For our first time to the Oregon coast, we decided to stay at one of the newer properties in Seaside. This hotel had only good reviews--from what I read--so it was the obvious choice. I must agree with all of the good reviews that I read.

We travelled during the off season, which is great. Do keep in mind that the schedules of restaurants, stores, etc in the area may be different from their high season.

There are many great things about the hotel! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The property is VERY new, and well appointed. We booked a two-bedroom suite on the upper floors that had a riverfront view, with a spa tub. I'd definitely do it again, and recommend it highly to anyone else. The suite comes with a complete kitchen and laundry facilities. But if you're not in the mood for cooking, there's also a manager's reception in the evening and a nice breakfast in the morning. Although it was the off season, it seemed that the hotel was still quite busy based on the number of folks that we saw at breakfast.

The town is like most of the other coastal towns--small but with personality. Seaside is nicely located between Astoria and Tillamook; and it's easy to go touring and be able to get back to a nice place.

Overall, it was great!!! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

• Liked — Great front desk staff and beautiful suites.
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind... I think we liked it all.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
washington
Reviewed 19 October 2008

It was a nice place, the nightly room rate is very confusing and I felt I was overcharged, $25 pet fee, $ 20 rollaway and all the taxes. When I looked on line I could of gotten the room for $50 less per night. When I called they said I should of cancelled and rebooked. I though calling them I would have gotten the best rate. After all that they gave me a credit because the internet would not work in our room only to find out they reposted it when I checked my visa acount. Beware.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank 7608
mammiesmom, General Manager at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 8 April 2009
I apologize for the billing confusion. It is never our intent to overcharge our guests. I would like the opportunity to make the necessary corrections, please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the Manager. Thank you.
oregon
Reviewed 18 September 2008

We arrived in Seaside late at night, ready to fall down and go to sleep. The first hotel we went to the clerk was rude, so we decided not to spend our money there. Our next hotel The Rivertide Suites, this hotel is new with a beautiful lobby; we had a studio that I wouldn’t mind living in at all, OUTSTANDING! They even offered breakfast in the lobby in the morning. The hotel was just right for the price. We also wanted to give Sean, a big thank you for all your help; he always greeted us with a smile, and ready to help, customer service the best. We will be back next year or sooner. It was a nice surprise to find a great hotel with great customer service.

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — internet was not free
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2008

We just stayed one night. The hotel was gorgeous. We had a full kitchen, washer and dryer, flat screen TV, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms.

The breakfast was fantastic, a little crowded but we took our breakfast to our room.

The pool is really nice, a little small, but the water is really clean and warm.

This hotel is really close to everything.

I would really recommend it for long time stay since you have the kitchen and the washer and dryer, especially when you have 3 kids.

Loved It! Definitely staying again.

• Liked — The full kitchen and the washer and dryer.
  • Disliked — The crowed breakfast area
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I stayed in this hotel with my 5-yo son on our trip down Hwy 101 the last week of August, based on other reviews. I was not disappointed. We stayed in a King suite - my son had the run of the sofa-pullout, and I had the king bed all to myself in the separate bedroom. We also had a stackable washer/dryer, which worked fabulously (laundry soap but no dryer sheets provided). The kitchen was a FULL kitchen with all it should have, plus slab granite, barstools, and a dining room table with 4 chairs. The first night, we hit manager's reception (wine, soda, and snacks), then the pool. The pool and jacuzzi are great - just about the right size and very clean - from 3-5 feet, which was perfect for us. The breakfast buffet consisted of bagels/muffins, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, milk/juice, waffles, and sausage gravy. Then we drove down to Cannon Beach for the day, which was only about 15 minutes down the road. The only negative thing I would say about this place is that you share a balcony with the room next-door.

• Liked — The room was updated with all ammenities.
  • Disliked — Shared balcony.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Our family checked into the Rivertide for a couple of nights in the Queen suite. Our room was on the second floor facing the city - tried to get one facing the river but none were available. I was a bit surprised that the balcony is shared with your neighbour. It felt a bit awkward to open the sliding balcony door.

The room was terrific with full kitchen and utensils, dining area, sofabed, LCD TV, DVD, etc. The room itself was very clean; however upon arriving, we noticed the housekeeping on the first night was a bit off. A couple of the towels had stains as did a couple of the glass cups. The extra blanket in the closet had chocolate bar wrappers in them. The second night of housekeeping was definitely better.

The continental breakfast was decent with hard boiled eggs, fruit salad, bagels, wafels. The bagels looked unassuming, but they were definitely very good when you try them.

They will soon be updating their website to mention that WIFI is NOT free in the room. There was going to be a $10 charge for my two night stay; however, they were happy to reverse the charge when checking out.

• Liked — Full suite accomodations; Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family