“Lives up to the reviews”
Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I stayed here with my family and this hotel is great. The rooms are very spacious and are just in the pictures. Everything is clean and new. The location is good while not on the beach it is only a short walk. The breakfast is very very basic and the quality is just okay, but you have a full kitchen so it really doesn't matter that much. Safeway is only a couple of blocks away and with a full kitchen you can bring in supplies. The pool was not very busy even though the hotel had lots of families staying. My one minor complaint would be the sound proofing. As you walk down the hallway you can hear everything that is going on in the other rooms. We could hear a bit when we were in the room but not so much that I would say it was a problem.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed 19 July 2009

This was our second visit to Rivertide Suites and we would certainly stay there again. The place is clean, modern, comfortable and affordable. The staff are courteous and helpful. There is always free tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the comfortable seating area of the foyer, where they serve an adequate complimentary breakfast. When we were there, guests were offered appertizers, wine, beer and soft drinks at 5.30. Very conveniently situated near the beach and touristy shopping area - easy strolling distance.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2009

We stayed in Seaside for 3 days just before the 4th of July weekend. We live in Seattle and have been to Seaside a few times before for summer vacation, but never stayed in Rivertide before.
The hotel exceeded all our expectations. We booked a river view 2 bedrom, and was given a corner unit with a wraparound patio, but had a more limited view of the river. Since we really wanted to have a full view of the river, we called the front desk and was given another unit right away. Very curteous and nice staff! The river view was awesome, we will definitely get a river view again the next time.
Since we were there for the beach, having the washer and dryer in the unit was a real heaven sent. And the two bedroom unit was certainly cheaper than getting two rooms in a regular hotel. The room was also very quiet, even though there were clearly many families with young kids on our floor.
Breakfast was pretty basic: cereals, bagels, juice, but nothing to complain either.
We've definitely found the place to stay in Seaside.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank soekotjo
Reviewed 7 July 2009

This hotel / condo is CLEAN and FEELS like home. Kid User friendly, helpful staff, large FREE morning breakfast. Very close to all the must see and do's in Seaside.

Family of 4, we stayed in a 2 bed/2 bath room, full kitchen for under $160.00 per night GREAT VALUE!

Rivertide Suites has something to offer everybody in your family.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2009

I love everything about this hotel. It doesn't even bother me that it isn't right on the beach. It is on the river and has a great rooftop view of the beach. This is a hotel and condo so they have very nice accomodations. The rooms are spacious and have full kitchens with granite. We have stayed her 2 times and are heading there again next month. We have stayed in the studio and king suite. I hope to stay in a 2 bedroom if possible with 3 teens and 2 adults. There is a fireplace with a flat screen tv, a full kitchen tables, and breakfast bar. There is a 2nd tv in the king bedroom too.The rooms have balaconies for some outside space but you may want to hang out on the roof and see the whole town and beach. The simming pool is nice with a hot tub and a work out room. They have wine social in the evening in the common area as well as breakfast in the a.m. You are in a great spot to walk to the beach and all shops. The only two negatives is the parking is limited and the elevator is slow. There are steps as an alternative. I almost forgot the rooms have washer and dryers too. There is a pet walking area on the side of building.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank zambonne
Reviewed 26 June 2009

A background on me: I'm a single mother and travel agent, and very picky about hotels because of my profession.

I travelled with my three year old son to the Rivertide Suites condo property in June, and was very impressed with the hotel.

Some information...

The rooms are amazing. We stayed in a studio suite, and it was gorgeous. The TV was nice because of the rain during our stay, I plugged my iPod into the TV and we watched a movie. The kitchen, the bathroom, the sleeping area... everything was very, VERY clean. The bathtub was jetted and clean, and the water pressure was great. (Silly, but a really common complaint about hotels - no water pressure!)

The staff was great, all you have to do is ask, and they will help you find whatever you need. The parking was secure, the area great, I didn't feel uncomfortable or unsafe at any time.

Seaside as a whole was very nice, however because we were there before school was out, there wasn't a lot to do. Apparently most of the summer activities are run by high school students, so there wasn't much to choose from. Norma's diner was amazing, the clam chowder was yummy! And it was a short walk from the hotel. The crab legs they served me were strange... only because they were already out of the shell. (Maybe it's a West coast thing? I don't know...)

Overall this hotel was fabulous. I'm really picky about cleanliness and safety, especially as a young woman with a young child, and I was impressed with both. My only complaint is very small and petty, definitely not a reason NOT to choose this hotel - there's not a lot of room in the breakfast area, you're lucky to find a seat. But you could always just take it up to your room or sit closer to the fireplace.

Overall fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank brookesummer
Reviewed 22 June 2009

A speacial thanks to the front desk (Sean) he had great information, places to go and things to do and where to eat. We fell in love with Sean and Seaside. The hotel itself was nice, new and clean! Awsome room, awsome stay, customer service awsome. Thank you and see you next year.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends