“Don't Be Fooled by the Nice Exterior and Pretty Rooms”
Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Portland
“Don't Be Fooled by the Nice Exterior and Pretty Rooms”
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We have now stayed at this spot 5 times since it opened. The first time was fabulous, though off-season so not many guests= quiet, everything accessible. All was in good repair as it was new. It has dwindled in every way possible since that stay. The customer service is poor with not much enthusiasm for requests. My husband called at 11 pm Sunday eve.to ask about a promotion in the paper and room availability. The rep was very rude and told him there was no availability (we could see rooms available online), that he was wrong about the promo and kept putting him on-hold. I called the next day and the same person gave me the complete opposite info and was helpful. The elevator situation is atrocious. When checking out we have waited for this sole elevator for 15+ mins (could not take the stairs due to heavy luggage and being post-op). Often times, like today, the cleaning staff have it full of gear and no one else can fit on. We had to ask the front desk for laundry detergent and toilet paper each day. ANYONE W/KIDS NOTE** If you are coming to rest & relax...the worst part is that the rooms are far from sound proof. You can hear every conversation, each footstep in the hallway and each door open and shut making for a terrible night's sleep. Our kids tossed and turned on their very noisy pull-out couch all night) There are large gaps under and on the side of the doors. We had to stuff towels under so we could attempt at getting some sleep. Parking can also be an issue and we have had to park on the street more than once. This is also right next to a half-way house. Never had an issue w that but just an FYI. We considered purchasing a condo, but are so glad we decided against it now that we have been back a few times since. We love Seaside, but will not return to the Rivertide Suites anytime soon.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank seasidelovers
RivertideSuites, Manager at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2010
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experiences at our hotel. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and it is disappointing to learn that we have failed. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us an opportunity to improve. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. I would really appreciate if if you could contact me at the hotel so that I am able to talk to you directly to get more information about your experience. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Canton, CT
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I stayed one night here as I was working my way up the coastline to Forks, WA. The suite was VERY nice! I was pleasantly surprised by the proximity to the beach (only a couple of blocks away), the in-suite washer and dryer, and the great breakfast which was included in the price. The only issue I had was parking. I was driving an extended cab F-150 and there was a shortage of parking spaces for vehicles of that size. I had to squeeze into a compact car space....not an easy task!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
BC
Reviewed 30 September 2009

A great value. The room had a big fully equipped kitchenette. A cozy room with a sofa, a LCD TV with lot's of channels and a huge bathroom that had a jacuzzi tub & relaxing shower. Seaside is a really neat little town with lot's of little shops and great beaches. It was under 10 minutes to the beach on foot from our hotel. For all this we paid just $85 a night! Could I only transplant Seaside a few hundred miles closer to my home so I could stay there again I would. The only complaints I had, if any, was having to pay $10 a night for wireless internet, and I thought that the indoor pool should have been closed to kids at about 9 rather then 10pm. Also I'm not sure but it would be good if the breakfast was different everyday because after a few nights you got tired of the same thing. Don't go there during the car show weekend the traffic was quite noisy! All in all would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Sadly, we only had 1 night to stay here, but it was our favorite property amongst the 8 hotels we stayed at on our vacation. It's a new and fully equipped condo/hotel. Comfy beds and great bathrooms....the living rooms and kitchens are roomy, too. The place is very quiet and conveniently located to all the Seaside action. Everything you could want in a place. More (or bigger) elevators would have been my only suggestion.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I'm blown away by how perfect this place was for me. I'm traveling alone, and got the studio - the design maximizes the space and the setup is brilliant. The bed (and bedding) is extremely comfortable. The room comes stocked with everything you may need in the kitchen (and all modern appliances), a solid dining room table, comfy sofa, flat screen TV with DVD player, double sink vanity in the bathroom, jetted tub and patio. No noise or odor problems here. I felt very much at home. The staff is friendly and I have no complaints. I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2009

This place was fantastic. Full suite had everything including a whirlpool in the room. So comfortable and relaxing. Only wish I had been on vacation in stead of working. Everyone must see and utilize this place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
British Columbia
Reviewed 24 August 2009

This is a great place to set up a base and see the Oregon coast from. The apartments have everything you need. We had a fourth floor one bedroom suite and it was wonderful. Lovely high ceilings, decor was lovely, the kitchen was very nice, the bathroom was great and the bed was excellent. 2 flat screen TVs, dvd player and dvd rentals in the lobby. Nice view of the river too.

Be sure to check out the 5th floor deck which has a lovely view of the ocean and is open to everyone.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was pretty good - though neither my husband or I can get the biscuits and gravy thing - but hey, they seem popular!

The coffee was actually good which is very rare at hotel breakfasts!

The only downside was the suite did show a bit of wear and tear - stains on the carpets especially. But don't get me wrong - it is very NEW and very lovely - just used by a lot of families that go to the beach so carpet stains seem to be normal in that situation.

We will be going back again. And, I have to add we stayed at a couple of Best Westerns along the Oregon coast (which we will NOT be going back to) and we paid only $20 more for this room on the weekend and we got so much MORE than at the Best Western - same breakfast - BUT, the Best Western was a room not a suite, and although they had tried to "update" it - it was old and tired feeling whereas the Rivertide does not have that feel. Also, having a kitchen and living room too just gives you so many more options. Thanks Rivertide for giving me a reason to go back to the Oregon coast - soon!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple