“Most excellent & romantic!”

Best Western Ocean View Resort
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Great location, overlooking the beach & ocean as well as "The Prom". Quick walking distance to downtown shops and decor. From the moment we walked in we were greeted promptly and efficiently. Hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. We had a Jucuzzi room with view of the beach/ocean as well as a private balcony. Mark, from check-in, even called up to our room after our arrival to make sure everything met with our satisfaction. Restaurant was very pleasing with romantic yet family atmosphere. Our stay was memorable and pleasant....We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Seaside!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ and get the Juzucci room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2011

This was my second trip to the Ocean View Resort this year....the first was under very stressful circumstances. I am an apartment manager that had a 5 fatality fire in January, terrible lose of my maintenance assistant and his 4 sons. My family and I needed to get away for awhile and were treated so kindly by all the staff for the 4 days we stayed and I was able to relax and destress while we were here. My trip this time was a pleasure trip, my last, 2 day stop before returning home from a solo motorcycle trip/celebration of my 50th birthday. When I checked in the staff was amazing and smiling and all my paperwork was ready to be signed by the time I reached the desk with my dog Ramone (yes, he's a biker too!!). They are sooo pet friendly, from a welcome bag for him to helping me design a raincoat out of plastic after we lost his!! Room service was timely and delicious, my hat's off to the chef!! The beds are soft and plenty of pillows. I could not have hoped for a better experience. I will only stay at the Ocean View Resort when I stay in Seaside..............Teresa

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My sister and I plus our labradoodle spent five days at Ocean View Resort. We were impressed by the friendly front staff and how dog friendly the establishment was towards our dog. Everyone from housekeeping to the front desk petted her and made her feel welcome also. Our room had an ocean view with a balcony which everyone loved. The three of us would sit and watch the world go by! The room was a little on the small side but having the balcony was like having an extra room. It was easy access to the prom which made walking and potty trip with the dog very easy!! We will be back for another visit as soon we can!!

Sue Richardson
Portland Oregon

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank minilabradoodle
Reviewed 14 July 2011

upon our arrival there were several persons checking into the hotel. They were amply staffed which made the line move quickly. Even though they were busy the hotel clerk was extremly pleasant and did not try to rush me through.
When we opeaned the door to our room it simply "welcomed us" inside. The room was a good size. Extremly comfortable furnishings, even the Murphy Bed was comfortable.
Finding a two burner cooktop and fully stocked kitchen was a plus! I should add my room was pet friendly and still this nice.
The view of the beach and ocean was fantastic.
I highly recomend this hotel to any and all travelers. Pets as well. The beach is equipped with playground equipment for your children and the adjoining restaurant is not only fabulous but easy on the pocketbook.
Enjoy. Sandie A. Corvallis, OR

Room Tip: Upper floors offer the best views of course but even my 2nd. floor pet friendly room was wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sandralyncorvallis
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed here for one night with a friend. Friendly service, clean rooms, nice and trendy amenities in the bathroom, beds comfy, lots of pillows, a thoughtful fan for some movement and white noise, and quiet rooms. Had a balcony with a partial ocean view - completely lovely. Right on ocean, could walk out of hotel and we were on the boardwalk. Hotel restaurant okay - sort of spacey servers. Accidently left a pair of pants in room, and even though it took a long time and many efforts to get a call back, Heidi in Housekeeping found them and is mailing them to me for a nominal fee. Would recommend hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DarikaPolk
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Are family and friends were in seaside for the fourth. The ocean front room is the only way to go!!! My family and I two small kids, watched the fireworks, enjoyed room services. The room was clean and the bed was fantastic! The pizza was a hit with the children and we will for sure be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Booked 3 days and nights with a double suite on the second floor. When we first went upstairs to the room we found the dishwasher full of dirty dishes.... the sliding doors grimy with handprints...and the back of the toilet seat covered in... $#%%...

We were to tired from the long drive to complain. In the morning we mentioned to the young man cleaning rooms next door. We came back from lunch.....Nothing done still the same. My wife cleaned the bathroom and did the dishes...

The front desk crew were pleasant. The restaurant food was excellent. The Hotel itself is a bit worn looking and needs some elbow grease in the cleaning dept. There were cigarette butts on the deck, stains in the hall carpets, finger prints on all the windows,

For the price of this Hotel....the rooms should be spotless.

Beds were great.....Location is Great..... Staff is Personable...... Hire New Cleaners and you have it made.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fasteddy999
Owner53, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. We take it to heart whren our guests point out areas where we can improve and we will use this to do better. I appreciate the excellent comments about our food, the quality of the hotel's beds and furnishings and the staff attendance. We will work on those cleaning issues as pointed out. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Inn at Seaside
#9 of 15 in Cannon Beach
River Inn at Seaside
River Inn at Seaside
#3 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Best Western Ocean View Resort? Share your experiences!