“Location, Location, Location”

Best Western Ocean View Resort
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed here in July with my mom who is 75, and had never stayed at the beach in Oregon. I decided on this location, because, if you are going to the beach, you have to stay ON THE BEACH, right? I called around, and this was the only place we could find in Seaside at the last minute, Luckily for us, it was mid week so they had a room left. It was filled with families and couples honeymooning. We had one of the best rooms in the hotel. I believe it was 4-A. It was a corner room, 4th floor. The deck looked right onto the beach. The boardwalk was just in front of the hotel. We had a queen with a pull out Murphy bed. The room was a little worn, but overall in good shape. It was clean and comfy. If you are staying in the winter, it has a fireplace. Nice little kitchen if you want to dine in. Of the hotels on the beach, this has to be one of the nicest. We took several walks, and quite a few of the hotels on the beach in Seaside look like they are one to two star facilities. I would rate this as a three to four, especially for the view. If you want to rent the bedroom behind the view room, the door is connected, and would be great for a family. If you are really on a budget, the room without a view is adequate, but if you are trying to save money, I would probably go elsewhere, if you are not paying for a view anyway. If you have a choice, ask for at least a 3rd floor room, the view is much better elevated. I would not recommend a ground floor room, as there are lots of people walking by on the boardwalk. Actually I think they call it the Promenade :)
This hotel is within walking distance of all of the downtown restaurants and shops. Oh they had an indoor pool, which lots of young children seemed to enjoy!

Lots and lots of people built fires at night. Lots and lots of pets in Seaside! This hotel also allows pets. The staff was exceptionaly friendly and helpful. Would definately return.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room, corner is possible.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2011

We booked through expedia and asked for a ocean view room by the elevator cause my husband is on oxygen, when we got there, the guy put us in the furthest back room he could get us cause we booked through expedia.com. I was so upsest. The lady working there helped us out to get another ocean front room. We were very pleased with her.
I will never go through him again. He was a jerk. The rest of the stay was great. We only had to pay $40 more

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We like it because is close to everything my kids like to walk on the beach,
we also like the Ocean View very nice

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My wife and I have stayed here many times. When we first started it was great. We stayed in a jacuzzi ocean front room. the bed and pillows were great. they used to have a feather top mattress pad on them. After we stayed there we found out where they got them and went to Seattle and bought our own. Through the years they kept it up. but every now and than it seamed a little dated but it was always clean. In the last couple years they have been replacing things and up dating. New jacuzzi s and the bedding was awesome this last visit they have repainted and they are still very clean rooms. We stay at least once a year and this last year I was very impressed.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in ocean front rooms and they are right on the prom facing the ocean can't...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Very nice accomodations and service. Excellent location - right on the beach and boardwalk, with unobstructed ocean view. Comfortable beds and clean! We'll be back next summer!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

What a wonderful time my daughter and I had staying the Best Western. It truly lived up to it's name The BEST.
We found our room to be spacious, comfortable and upscale. Everything seemed fresh and newly remodeled. The staff was eager to answer our questions about Seaside landmarks and 'must see' places. The front desk suggested the Clatslop Loop Trail for a nice day hike, and it was one of the highlights of our trip.
My daughter and I found a funky Mexican restaurant in Seaside called The Stand, near the Rivertide Suites, sorry I forget the street its on, but you must give it a try! Authentic mexican food, super inexpensive, and oh-so-delicious.
We already decided we must make a trip back in the fall, and we'll definitely be making reservations at the Ocean View Best Western.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I recieved excellent service from the staff at this hotel. I had trouble finding it at night due to the odd little one way and dead end streets in Seaside! The staff stayed on the phone with me to help me out. I also used a free room voucher I had earned (Best Western's current promotion stay 3 hotels and get one night free) and was wondering how that would be dealt with by the staff. They were great, and were very talkative, helpful and friendly. Theyt enjoyed their jobs.

My room was described as only having a partial ocean view, but even so I was steps from the beach and could see it all! Nice little patio too.

Breakfast was not included, but a 10% discount at the hotel restaurant was offered.

A few children were running and screaming through my hallway on the 5th floor unfortunately, however that is due to the parents not the hotel itself!

Room Tip: partial ocean view is still great!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Inn at Seaside
#9 of 15 in Cannon Beach
River Inn at Seaside
River Inn at Seaside
#3 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Best Western Ocean View Resort? Share your experiences!