“Bad service! Bad staff!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort

BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Seaside
“Bad service! Bad staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Very Poor customer service. We booked a room 6 months in advance. My husband even called that Monday before we arrive to verify our reservations and let them know we were still coming. We drove about 4 hours to get there from Renton, wa to seaside. 30 mins prior to getting there we get a voice mail from front desk worker Rebecca [--] saying she was having trouble with our credit card so she's canceling our room.

We were on highway 101 and didn't have phone service when she called. So we called back as soon as we got the message which was less than an hour after but she already cancelled our room and they are now sold out so could do nothing for us. Rebecca Smith was very rude. When we got there she was unapologetic. Did nothing to try to make it up to us. She immediately said are you coming here to vent at me?! I don't care who you are.... Very unprofessional.

It was late at night and we had to drive around and find a different hotel to stay at because she was too rude and impatient to wait for us to call back and fix the card situation. We asked if there was a problem with the card, why did she not call us in the morning so we could give another card. She says well I was busy I didn't have time to run the card until after 8pm. She Assumed we weren't coming anymore without verifying with us first and sold our room. I have never had such poor service in my life.

Very unprofessional. I would not recommend this place. At least if she was apologetic it would have been a different story but it was her fault and she was flat out rude and did not care.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rachelle L
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
I am very sorry about this. The credit card we were provided to hold the room declined. We held the room until late in the evening and called you but we did not receive a call back. I am also sorry that you felt the staff member was rude and uncaring. She did try and find you an alternative room in Seaside. We know you were angry about the declined credit card and again, we are sorry.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
redington shores
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

You'll get a view of the beach and the mountains. Enjoyed watching the sun rise in the morning. Very nice property, clean, comfy beds. Compared to prices of other hotels this place was a steal. Would stay again and my sister is pretty picky! Staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the recognition of our staff and the room's cleanliness, bed comfort and amenities. The smaller economy rooms are a great price point and perfect for 1-2 people traveling through. Thanks again.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel is located directly on the beach and is within walking distance of town and shopping. Our room was located on the third floor and directly on the ocean. When we arrived to check-in, we were told that we had been given an upgrade. Our room was very large, included kitchen facilities and a large sitting area. The room connected to the rooms on either side, so would have been ideal for a family. This hotel does not include breakfast with their rates, but they do have a very nice restaurant on site and the prices are very reasonable. The one negative that we had was the bed was very, very soft. Although we thought this would be a major problem, once we went to sleep, it didn't seem to bother us. We would definitely stay at this hotel again, when in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind words and the upgrade was part of your membership in Best Western Rewards. I am glad you enjoyed the ocean front room and look forward to your next visit.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Don't want to pay Cannon Beach ocean-front prices? This is an excellent option.
We were given a free upgrade to an ocean-front room (don't know why, but we weren't about to turn it down)—fireplace was nice, and the view was fantastic. Furnishings do feel a bit tired, but the bed was comfortable. Also, the room was a bit noisy but that could just have been due to our neighbors.
Fun bonus: there's a swing set on the beach in front of the property. Great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thanks again for staying with us. You are 100% correct that Seaside offers great value when compared to Cannon Beach. And, you still get Cannon Beach as it is only 7 miles south of Seaside.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I've been staying at this particular location in Seaside ever since I was introduced to Oregon in 2006. I love the fact that all you have to do is go downstairs to the first floor and walk out of a side door and you're practically on the beach. I have gotten upgrades with no charge twice when I arrived for mini vacations. I think I must be on someone's good list. lol The staff is always pleasant and responsive to deal with on issues, not that I've had any real ones with this hotel. i don't think there's a room where you can't see the ocean. I had a room facing the parking lot which didn't bother me because I was on the 5th floor so I could see Saddle and other mountains, plus I could see part of the ocean and some of Tillamook head (a landmark near the hotel). I've stayed in a smaller room too and had a very nice partial view of the ocean. 503A, was the room I stayed in and was surprised to look out the window and see quite a bit of the shoreline and ocean and most of Tillamook Head.

Salvatore's restaurant has had consistently good food. I'd say the best clam chowder in Seaside. I know that's saying a lot because Norma's Seafood and Steak is suppose to have the best chowder and I love Norma's food too. This last time I stayed there, I had come off the beach and got a take out breakfast from Salvatore's and loved it. It was personalized, There were smiley faces on the containers of my pancakes and bacon. Gave new meaning to the phrase, "Service With A Smile" indeed. lol I didn't get a chance to thank the cook or whomever drew those little pics on my containers, but I was certainly happy about it. Also, the presentation of the food in the containers was nice too. Strawberries in a floral pattern surrounded by blueberries on top of my pancakes made me feel special.

Seaside is my get a away place from Portland when I'm feeling overwhelmed from being a care giver and day to day stuff and this hotel has never failed to help take the stress away. I will always come back to the Best Western in Seaside. In fact, because of this hotel, I'll only stay at Best Western's. Looking forward to my next trip to Seaside soon.

Room Tip: I find the rooms on the 5th floor are the best ones for quiet and views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and being such a loyal guest. I also want to thank you for sharing your experiences with us, not just about the hotel and our staff but also Seaside. It's a great place to visit (and live). Thanks again.
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Our family stay at the Best Western was worth it. Kitchenette included: stove, fridge, microwave and dishwasher---with the hotel close to grocery stores, we could eat in our room, take a lunch on the road or visit the onsite restaurant (great-priced buffet and lots of food). Staff were all very friendly, helpful and took great efforts to make our stay enjoyable. Ocean front room overlooks the 1.5 mile promenade and gorgeous sunsets. We made use of the pool and whirl pool (well maintained) and enjoyed the beach. (Lots of kite flying and evening s'more campfire opportunities). We will be returning again!

Room Tip: Kitchens come with dishwasher soap and dishwashing soap.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for staying with us and we are thrilled that you and your family had some terrific Family time at the Beach.
Champlin, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ocean View Resort in June. Room was very clean and the ocean view was excellent!! The staff was very friendly making sure our stay was comfortable. A special thanks to Terri Bischel, he took care of us in a personable, professional manner. We most definitely would stay at the Ocean View resort again!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for staying with us Brian and we look forward to seeing all of our friends from Minnesota in the future. Take care.