“Great Location, Great View, Great Staff”

BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Sammamish, Washington
“Great Location, Great View, Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Spent the week after Christmas and over the New Year at the Ocean View Resort. My wife, nine year old daughter, our 70lb dog, and I had a great ocean view room with a comfortable king size bed and queen size "wall bed," also surprisingly comfortable, and well-equipped kitchenette. Beautiful view, very well furnished, and a very helpful, friendly staff. Kudos for the great flat screen TV that enabled me to watch football and ignore the gorgeous view. Our six nights were delightful.

One special mention for the wall bed. Far more comfortable than the usual convertible couch in many hotels and easily put away when it wasn't needed. Our daughter really appreciated it. And when she's not happy, no one is happy.

The only thing that keeps this from being a five star review was the "meh" quality of the restaurant. Frankly, as a frequent business traveler I don't expect much from restaurants in hotels. Relying almost exclusively on travelers who won't be back anytime soon doesn't provide much incentive for outstanding dining. So on that scale the restaurant was perfectly adequate. Just a limited and rather ordinary menu. Furthermore, the wealth of other nearby dining choices meant it wasn't a major problem for us.

I notice that some reviews had negative comments about some of the less expensive rooms. Can't comment on that but I have to say that our ocean view/balcony room was great and considerably less expensive (in the off season) than other comparable hotels on the promenade.

Before closing I should also mention the pool. My daughter loved it and insists that I note it. And our dog reminds me to mention the abundant biscuits available at the front desk. She loved her stay.

Room Tip: Families that include a canine member are limited to the first and second floors. Better view and mo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephen H
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write a review. I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your comments and take them to heart, I am glad we hit a home run with your daughter and pet and we will work on the restaurant. We are in our off-season so the menu selections are a bit limited however, we will look into what more we can and should offer ..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Beaverton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

the Best Western Ocean View Resort in Seaside Oregon is a nice place to stay at a somewhat affordable price. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are comfortable and if you yes an ocean front you will not regret it. It is definitely worth the price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Kerry O
It is great when we can hit it out of the Park and make our guests feel like family in our own home. Come back please.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Took advantage of a Groupon offer for a weekend get-away just before Christmas. The staff was very friendly and provided a very reasonable room upgrade, moving us from a city view economy room to a room with a king-size bed, a kitchenette, fireplace and a wonderful ocean view with a balcony. The room was clean, the bed was fantastic, which made our stay very relaxing. The resort had a nice pool with spa, as well as a very nice Italian restaurant on site. Salvatore's had very good food at very reasonable prices as well as nice breakfast. This was my second stay at this hotel in Seaside. I will be coming back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhondak60
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love the feedback as it makes us better and reinforces the positives. We love it when we can truly delight our guests.
Kelso, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have nothing but good to say about our stay at Best Western Ocean View Resort ..... Our room had a great view of the ocean and a neat balcony! The room is well appointed - with fireplace, flat screen tv, really comfortable beds! (And one of our beds was a 'Murphy' bed; we were a little worried about the quality of the bed since we had both of our college boys with us - didn't want a lumpy, or weak 'hide-a-bed' feel. But the bed - which pulled down from out of the wall - had an actual mattress on it! A nice one!) The Kitchenette was the nicest I've seen; tucked away, with nice looking appliances - stove top, fridge, sink, and even dishwasher! Room was clean and (free) wireless reception was strong! Had a good pool; and although we didn't eat in the restaurant, there were several people who mentioned how good it was. (Big thing for us - they were pet-friendly, and the 'pet' room was still nice.)

Room Tip: Pet-friendly rooms are 1st and 2nd floor; I recommend 2nd for a clear ocean view, as 1st floor is so...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennm3874
Thank you for the great comments and we look forward to your return visit.
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I spent a much-needed two nights here and were extremely happy. The staff is attentive and service-minded, rooms are clean, comfortable and well-appointed, and our room-service was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.
All this, plus it's great location right next to the beach. Lovely strolls and chillin' in the sand if the weather is nice. A beautiful view for storm watching if it's rainy.
I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank housculp
WOW! Thank you so much. Your thoughtful words make our day and week. Thank you for being so gracious as to point out all the positives.
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Since I had an extra day built into my trip, I decide to detour to Seaside on the Oregon shore. I'm glad I did!

Pros: The location is close enough to the touristy stuff to be convenient but not close enough to be noisy. You're right on the beach, too. The hotel seems to be updated and well-maintained, and the staff members I encountered were all friendly and competent. I booked a king room with fireplace and a little patio (no oceanview unless you're tall, but you're looking right at the boardwalk and tall beach grasses so it's still a pretty view). The room was huge - there's a work desk and comfortable armchair with coffee table - and contemporary, with a very comfy bed. If you are tall, you will love the shower because the shower head is set nearly at ceiling height. It's a little tricky to find the BW, but that's to be expected in the typical street maze of a seaside town.

Cons: Okay, this was an upscale room, but it felt less upscale than it should have been. The gas fireplace is pretty but it's basically a lamp; you get firelight but no heat. The bathroom seemed like an afterthought. The first thing you see when you enter the room is the single sink. The door by the entrance turned out to be the connecting door to the next room. So where's the rest of the bathroom? Oh, it's inside, next to the bed. The door swung out rather than in (not typical for a bathroom), and there was just a few inches clearance between the door and the bed. Why did they install the door to swing out? Probably because the bathroom is tiny. You do have the saving grace of a curved shower curtain rod to make the shower feel more spacious, and I liked the textured wallpaper. But it's a tiny room with no ventilation fan. Also, while tall people will love the high-mounted shower head, short people like me will have difficulty adjusting the shower. The fiberglass tub surround felt cheap, especially when compared to the upscale feel of the bedroom.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, despite the bathroom issues, because I loved everything else about the stay. I'll just bring along my tall spouse next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank perrik
Thank you for the great review and I especially appreciate your comments about the bathroom. We have some renovation plans in store for the tub/shower unit in the next year or so and appreciate the feedback.
Sunnyside, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Would Highly recomment from the time we arrived, the staff was excellent. The property was very well maintained, clean and modern. The Bar and Restaurant was top notch and the breakfast Buffet, was constantly being re stocked.The Price we paid for a ocean view could not be matched anywhere in the area. The Room had a excellent floor plan with the second bed folding in to the wall. The location was walking distance to all the shopping. This is one hotel worth checking out.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a ocean view, its worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for the terrific comments and review. I know it really charges up the team when we can hit it out of the Park for our guests.