“Great Horel and location”

Best Western Ocean View Resort
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
“Great Horel and location”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The rooms were huge, and right on the beach. Everything was clean and modern, and the pool was nice for the kids. The restaurant was good, but very slow. The prices in were very reasonable though. One thing that bothered me is the Laundry and Pool both closed at 10:00 PM despite being isolate from guest areas. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for the great comments and I will look into the pool times. Great suggestion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Oregon City, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We came to the Best Western as part of a WorldMark Resort vacation offer, so it didn't cost us very much. We came with low expectations and the room was okay. It didn't have an ocean view, but the mountain-city view was beautiful. Despite the dirty hairbrush on the window sill left by a previous guest, the room looked clean. We had two queen beds and one of the strange things about these rooms is that there is only a night stand in the middle and none on each side. We were awakened about 1:30 am by noise of guests gathered around the front entrance of the hotel (and we were on the 5th floor). When I called the front desk to complain, the phone had to ring for quite a while. Then, after voicing my concerned there appeared to be no response as the noise continued. When I got up to take care of it myself, it finally stopped. In the morning after I soaped up in the shower, the hot water stopped and I had to rinse in cold water. This was a major problem. My wife was afraid of having the same experience. That morning when I returned the movie we had rented the night before, Heidi, the desk person asked about our stay. After telling about the above incidents, she asked if she could upgrade my room to make up for the troubles. She did and it exceeded any expectation and was very much appreciated. She gave us a beautiful, ocean front king room with a fireplace and kitchenette. In both rooms the tv and dvd player worked perfectly. The beds were comfortable. There are movies to rent in the lobby at a low price. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I would only stay here if I could afford an ocean-front room with a king bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Orphie27
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to fix a problem and especially the positive end result.. I am sorry about the early mishap and glad we recovered.
washington, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived around 2:30 or so in the after noon which we thought was kind of late! only to find out that the room was not ready and that they have a 4:00 pm check-in policy! which is unacceptable, after a long drive to get there we were very tired and were not in the mood to have to wait for our room to be ready! the hotel staff could have been more helpful as we were not staying at a cheep hotel!!! at 200 a night I expected something more ! the beach was beautiful and everyone seemed very nice over all it was great! a bit spindly though

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am very sorry that your room was not quite ready on arrival. Sometimes that happens when we are full the night before. We always try to check-in guests in much earlier than the 4PM guaranteed check-in time. Please come again.
Salem, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

had a very nice view of ocean, room was clean and comfortable. coffee, microwave and mini-fridge with cupboards was great. Bed with all the extra pillows was wonderful for finding the "right" one. wish I could have stayed longer (without business meetings!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the kind and gracious comments and feedback. We love it when we hit Home Runs and it sounds like you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Mission Accomplished!
Shoreline, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Loved that this hotel was right on the beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was ready early so we were allowed access. The hotel was very clean. Very quiet. Good price! I checked other hotels in the area and this was the best value. Nice size pool and hot tub, both clean and well maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks again for staying with us and especially for sharing with others such positive comments and observations..
Longview, Washington
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I came back to this Best Western as my last visit was less than satisfactory due to remodeling. The remodeled facilities are excellent and it has a modern updated décor. The room was clean however the exterior lighting stays on all night and despite our efforts to block it, the room was bright making it difficult for my wife to sleep. The view was very good and because it was discounted due to our previous experience was worth the money. I don't believe it would have been worth the full price.

1 Thank Rick C
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
thank you for revisiting us and the kind words about the remodeling and our staff. I checked into the outside lights and our balcony lights go off at 10 PM for privacy and better sleep conditions. The lights you experienced were more than likely the City's lights on the Promenade which are street lights. I am sorry they bothered your wife.
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel is clean and simple and reasonably well kept up. It is in a very good location, being right on the boardwalk and just a few blocks from town. It has a decent swimming pool and hot tub. The staff was the best part-very helpful and friendly. Thanks for getting me a hose so I could wash my car!

Room Tip: I always stay stateside, because it is much cheaper and I don't spend that much time in the room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review. We Love it when our guests give us positive feedback.