“Consistently Good Food and Service”
Review of Elderberry Inn

Elderberry Inn
Ranked #58 of 114 Restaurants in Seaside
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have breakfast most often here but have also had other meals and never a bad one. Service is helpful, attentive and friendly. Good coffee. Chicken Fried Steak is great. Patty Melts very good. Hash browns are world class.
Be sure to look at their Blazer memorabilia on the way to the restrooms.

1  Thank hmck

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I live in the Jewell area and USED to eat at the Elderberry Inn several times a week. Never Again! I went in on three different occasions and they could not get my order right. I did not complain, nor make them remake my dinner the first two time, rather I ate what they brought me so I could dine with my family. HOWEVER... the last order I ordered was totally incorrect and was one I brought home with me. I called immediately and told them they gave me scallops rather than the fried clam dinner I had ordered. The waitress was MOST apologetic and told me to come in for a clam dinner, on the house to make up for it. I could neither eat the scallops <I can't have them> nor did I have time that night to return for the correct meal. Today I had the rudest conversation with the owner whose first words to me were "I hear you want to come in for a fee meal." No, I paid for my meal, I want the meal cooked correctly. By the end of the rude conversation with this "manager" who claims to be the owner... I can see why they do not often have many choosing this restaurant over Camp 18. Its worth driving a few extra miles and dining at Camp 18 folks.. you will get poor service or NO service rather from Elderberry Inn. If this "manager" was indeed the owners, you have ALOT to learn about customer service! I paid for my meal, you did not deliver and the best you could do is accuse me of "wanting a free meal"? I think not... shame on you Ms Eldeberry Manager... shame on you!

1  Thank Kristenjayne57
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stopped by here on our way to Seaside, entirely by chance. In between peak hours, it wasn't too busy. Plain, unpretentious exterior and interior. No very special menu items. Short version: this is a roadside diner kind of place. So why four stars?

Easy to answer: the clam chowder was excellent. The french dip sandwich didn't seem like a lot, but was very tasty, filling, and enjoyable. My wife really liked the chili she had. The coffee even tasted a lot like coffee, which is not all that common!

Reasonable prices, friendly server, and the added pleasure of the unexpected surprise... we enjoyed it a lot!

2  Thank David M
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We wanted to eat dinner before getting into the traffic of Portland. We stopped at the Elderberry Inn and we are glad that we did. I am not a fish-and-chips expert, but I am certain that the fish was fresh and breaded in-house rather than being of the frozen type. Both of us found it to be scrumptious!
Be sure to have some of the blackberry cobbler for dessert. Just like Mom used to make!
Have a little patience. This is not Mc Donalds. It takes a bit of time to prepare good homemade food.

2  Thank watsup1000
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Diner cooking has made this watering hole/cafe a favorite on the Portland to coast highway US 26 a favorite for more than 60 years. memories of pies of bygone years tempted us to try the sandwiches followed by berry cobbler a la mode. The sandwiches were fine and predictable, not gourmet. The cobbler was very good. Definitely a good stop not haute cuisine.

1  Thank Shadow9301