“Wow!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Battle Ground, Washington
“Wow!”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

wow.wow.wow! we have stayed in seaside many times and have always stuck to the popular places to stay (holiday inn, shilo, best western, comfort inn etc.) After reading reviews on trip advisor I decided to try something new. I was a little nervous about staying at the Sandy Cove because I didn't know what to expect especially since I have two small children and I am a little picky about cleanliness. The Sandy Cove Inn far exceeded my expectations! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They really care about their customers. The room we stayed in was immaculate. I wish I could clean my home this well. The building is older but very well maintained and taken care of. The rooms are very nicely decorated and oh so cute! I would like their interior designer as well as the cleaner to come to my home! The location of the property is perfect. The area is very quiet. Two blocks from the ocean and a very nice 1 mile walk along the boardwalk on the beach to the shops and main street in seaside. I will recommend Sandy Cove Inn to all my family and friends while in Seaside. You will love this place!

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor are pet friendly. Pets are not allowed on the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed this month. Was greater by a nice man whom runs and owns ur with his family. My main issue is places being clean and this place could not be cleaner. So so clean.

• Stayed May 2012
Sandy_Cove_Inn, Manager at Sandy Cove Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
So glad you got a kick out of meeting June the Cat. She's managed to make friends with nearly everyone who visits us (even some of the dogs!). We love June's friendly personality and are glad to hear you do too. Hope to see you again soon!
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I had a wonderful 2 day stay at Sandy Cove (first time). Mike, the manager, was an extremely cheerful fellow, and "helped" me with a couple issues immediately when I asked. Room was very clean; bed a little soft, but ok. I stayed in room 29 (top floor), and did not hear much noise from other units or the street. Small TV up high by ceiling. I had to drag myself away at the last minute because I didn't want to leave; wish I would have booked for a couple more days.

Room Tip: Book room 29 to minimize noise from other units or street traffic. This has double beds.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ORtraveler43
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This place is not fancy--but it is clean and has been set up and maintained with unusual care for the type of place it is. It's in a good spot two blocks from the promenade but away from the kitschy parts of Seaside. Friendly staff and whimsically decorated (though humble) rooms. The bed was a little soft. But for the right trip, it's a good spot.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I read a lot of the reviews on TA,which is why i picked the Sandy Cove Inn. Like most people i did find the rooms neat and clean and the location good. But the one thing that is the deal breaker for me and my wife were teh paper thin walls. Not only could you hear the TV in the adjacent room, but you could even tell what show they were watching. When anyone in an adjacent room turned on their shower it sounded like a jet plane taking off in your room. I'm really surprised that this did not come up in other reviews, but when my wife want to relaxing weekend at teh beach that includes so peace and quiet too.

Room Tip: pick a roomon the 2nd level
2 Thank Don M
Sandy_Cove_Inn, Manager at Sandy Cove Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Ah yes, one of the perks of having a building built in the 1940's. Some like to call it "paper-thin walls". We prefer to think of it as "surround sound". Now if only we could get each room to watch the same show at the same time - we'd be on to something! Joking aside, we are so glad you liked everything else: neat, clean and great location. I'd love to invite you stay in our Columbia Tower next time - it's a condo unit on the same block as the Sandy Cove Inn. This unit has a view of the ocean too. It's a great spot. We'd love to see you again.
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The property is adorable, clean and in a great location. Loved having the little tavern restaurant across the street as well as Auntie M's and the grocery store. We used all of them. The room was super cute and felt spacious. The bed was not the most comfortable and having kids would of loved to be able to block out the light that was shining in the room all night. The curtains don't block out all the light so you have the bright property lights shining through to the bedroom. We were in the Beach room but besides those two things, it was perfect!!!

Room Tip: We did like the Beach Room and the Family room next door was super cute too..
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pattilee08
Sandy_Cove_Inn, Manager at Sandy Cove Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Pattilee - so glad to hear you took advantage of all the lovely businesses on Ave U! We are proud of how hard everyone works 'round here. I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with our blackout curtains - they usually do the trick. We were so glad to have you stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I needed a quick get away vacation and looked up motels in Seaside. I came upon Sandy Cove inn on the web and we decided to give it a try since it was away from the heart of all the attractions in Seaside. When we arrived in town, we didn't have directions and we had called the motel to help us find our way. Wow! Super friendly and extremely helpful! As soon as we arrived we were greeted with a big smile, a list of places to eat and sights to see. They even offer free movies to watch. The rooms are extremely clean and cozy. We absolutely love the themes of the rooms! We recommend that you STAY at Sandy Cove inn.