“The noisy neighbor”

Sandy Cove Inn
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I was working in Seaside last year and stayed at Sandy Cove for five days. I loved the ambiance of the "Gertie" room and the friendliness of the staff. I still feel the same, but my stay this time was unpleasant. My problem was a noisy neighbor. He kept his TV blaring until after midnight and then stomped around early next morning. I guess I didn't understand, with so few people in your hotel last Monday, why you placed clients so close together. I know these things (noisy guests) happen, but you would lessen the odds if you spaced people as far away as possible. Thanks for listening.
Steve Knight

1  Thank Steve K
Sandy_Cove_Inn, Manager at Sandy Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

One of the things we love most about our motel is that people request specific rooms now – everyone has their favorite themed room they want to stay in. However one of the difficulties of room requests is that sometimes even when the motel is quiet, people get put next to each other. We have never been able to say “no” to a room request just because someone else is staying next door. It’s a tricky situation!

We are grateful that you have become a repeat customer of ours. Perhaps next time you visit you can stay in the Jacuzzi Suite – it’s our quietest room. Thanks for taking the time leave feedback – we really appreciate it!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We brought our 2 children to Seaside for the very first time and had a ball! While they were hoping for a large hotel with a swimming pool, we opted for something cozy and quaint with a more reasonable price... and it payed off! Sandy Cove Inn is a cute place with tons of personality! From the doggy water bowl outside the front door to the polite person at the front desk, we felt right at home! The room was clean and comfortable. Having a small grocery store across the street was helpful. And last but not least, the pub across the street (which is very kid friendly) has FABULOUS food! Our children didn't mention a pool one time after checking in! We would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

I'm SO glad you all had such a great time. That makes us smile. Next time you visit, be sure to take your kids to the city pool - it's fantastic! Seaside's city pool offers two pools, a slide, a climbing wall, a rope swing and a large jacuzzi. It's a nice alternative when staying at a motel like ours that doesn't have a pool. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

wow.wow.wow! we have stayed in seaside many times and have always stuck to the popular places to stay (holiday inn, shilo, best western, comfort inn etc.) After reading reviews on trip advisor I decided to try something new. I was a little nervous about staying at the Sandy Cove because I didn't know what to expect especially since I have two small children and I am a little picky about cleanliness. The Sandy Cove Inn far exceeded my expectations! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They really care about their customers. The room we stayed in was immaculate. I wish I could clean my home this well. The building is older but very well maintained and taken care of. The rooms are very nicely decorated and oh so cute! I would like their interior designer as well as the cleaner to come to my home! The location of the property is perfect. The area is very quiet. Two blocks from the ocean and a very nice 1 mile walk along the boardwalk on the beach to the shops and main street in seaside. I will recommend Sandy Cove Inn to all my family and friends while in Seaside. You will love this place!

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor are pet friendly. Pets are not allowed on the second floor.
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed this month. Was greater by a nice man whom runs and owns ur with his family. My main issue is places being clean and this place could not be cleaner. So so clean.

• Stayed: May 2012

So glad you got a kick out of meeting June the Cat. She's managed to make friends with nearly everyone who visits us (even some of the dogs!). We love June's friendly personality and are glad to hear you do too. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I had a wonderful 2 day stay at Sandy Cove (first time). Mike, the manager, was an extremely cheerful fellow, and "helped" me with a couple issues immediately when I asked. Room was very clean; bed a little soft, but ok. I stayed in room 29 (top floor), and did not hear much noise from other units or the street. Small TV up high by ceiling. I had to drag myself away at the last minute because I didn't want to leave; wish I would have booked for a couple more days.

Room Tip: Book room 29 to minimize noise from other units or street traffic. This has double beds.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ORtraveler43
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This place is not fancy--but it is clean and has been set up and maintained with unusual care for the type of place it is. It's in a good spot two blocks from the promenade but away from the kitschy parts of Seaside. Friendly staff and whimsically decorated (though humble) rooms. The bed was a little soft. But for the right trip, it's a good spot.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I read a lot of the reviews on TA,which is why i picked the Sandy Cove Inn. Like most people i did find the rooms neat and clean and the location good. But the one thing that is the deal breaker for me and my wife were teh paper thin walls. Not only could you hear the TV in the adjacent room, but you could even tell what show they were watching. When anyone in an adjacent room turned on their shower it sounded like a jet plane taking off in your room. I'm really surprised that this did not come up in other reviews, but when my wife want to relaxing weekend at teh beach that includes so peace and quiet too.

Room Tip: pick a roomon the 2nd level
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don M
Sandy_Cove_Inn, Manager at Sandy Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Ah yes, one of the perks of having a building built in the 1940's. Some like to call it "paper-thin walls". We prefer to think of it as "surround sound". Now if only we could get each room to watch the same show at the same time - we'd be on to something! Joking aside, we are so glad you liked everything else: neat, clean and great location. I'd love to invite you stay in our Columbia Tower next time - it's a condo unit on the same block as the Sandy Cove Inn. This unit has a view of the ocean too. It's a great spot. We'd love to see you again.