“Second year staying and still loved it!”
Review of Sandy Cove Inn

Sandy Cove Inn
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed at the Downing House. Quaint 2 BR 1 Bath. Great place for my girlfriend and I to stay for our annual beach trip. We stayed here 2 years ago and decided to stay again. So glad we did. We had a wonderful time. Close to the Boardwalk and the beach. What more could you asked for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I keep reading the reviews stating that the noise level at this hotel can be an issue. Maybe it depends on the type of people who rent out the other rooms? Because I did not hear a thing, nor was I disturbed by anyone! i stayed in the B&B room which was an end unit and it was PERFECT! it was so peaceful at this property and a block to the beach. I would absolutely stay here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We had a great stay the night of July 21, 2012. We recieved a very warm welcome by the front desk staff. He had great suggestions for neighborhood businesses....the pub across the street (which we visited that night) and all the great things that Ken's Market had. He even suggested buying some wood and having a camp fire on the beach since the weather was so good. Because of his suggestion, we actually did just that and it was awesome! The hotel is only 3 blocks or so from the beach and is at the end of the Prom, which is great for a good walk down to the "Turn-Around". He also gave us some really good information on places to eat in Seaside. All of the staff we spoke to were extremely helpful!

(Side Note: Even if you don't need anything, go in to "Ken and Son's Market" right across the street. Probably the cleanest and most organized store I have ever been in. It reminded me of something straight out of Mayberry!)

We had our dog with us and we really liked the extra special attention paid to having our pet. The pet welcome bag was a very nice thought and extremely useful. They also had dog blankets and towels available.

The owners have done a tremendous job of updating this older motel. It was very clean and everything had a fresh coat of paint on it. The style is still an older motel, but they have done a great job updating it.

We were extremely pleased with our stay and will most certainly be staying their again in the future. To be that close to the beach, for the price and what you get, and to be able to take our dog, we will certainly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 12, the "boat room". Really good room, but next time we will ask for on...
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I booked for the low price, but was amazed at the upscale, "charming country cottage" decor! Super clean, friendly service and gift bag for our pup was a super addition to a delightful stay! It is very close to the beach!

Room Tip: Any room is great. We had people above us and beside us and couldn't hear a thing!
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Sandy Cove Inn was everything I wanted from an affordable beach motel. The service was super friendly, the room was clean, and the establishment was a block from the sand. Every room came with a TV and VCR and the lobby boasted a decent collection of VHS classics. (If you think VHS is a dead technology you should let that go for a weekend at the beach and indulge in some grainy nostalgia.) The motel is located several blocks south of all the Seaside tourist madness, which I considered a quiet blessing. My only complaint was that the neighbors were kind of loud, but I half blame myself for not throwing that customary pair of earplugs into my beach bag. I wholeheartedly recommend the Sandy Cove to beach travelers who appreciate simplicity and a good deal.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Most important is that the inn room we stayed in was spotlessly cleaned and i'm very picky about this. The bed was mostly comfortable, pillows are overly fluffy and myhead was way propped up, so that sucked, but bring my own pillow next time, which is not a problem. No kidding the decoration is bright andf cheery, esp for the sometimes drizzly and couldy days at the beach. The inn is literally like 3 walking blocks and at night everyone comes out and picks a fire pit and lights up to watch sun set...This was so fun to have so close our inn, because we have a 2 year old daughter. Right across the street is a family friendly pub, we ordered some pub food and beers into our rooom one night while daughter was knocked out and watched a VHS Movie in room. The market across the street is beyond perfect and everyone is super friendly liked the cashier walked the fire wood to my car across the street and was delivering some groceries to a local. I needed the market for milk for my daughter, bought s'mores stuff and some toys for beach! Made my trip so convenient too. We were visiting with family who were staying in cannon and we couldn't find last min booking there and the price for inns there were very expensive, so Sandy Cove rocked! Great front desk staff too. Super kind and helpful right from the start. There is a mini fridge in room too, whcih I used the whole time to load with fruit, milk, beer, and juices!

I would give it an excellent but the carpet is a bit unclean, like they could steam clean more often. Give it very good for great free internet service and every thing was so easy stayinghere and I will be back:)

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We rented the "Downing House" recently and were absolutely THRILLED about it. The house was very clean, and well stocked. I was even comfortable enough to put my clothes in the drawers! It had a vintage/antique feel and slept 6 people comfortably.
The only con: there is not a dishwasher. Be sure to buy paper plates and silverware or you will be doing dishes by hand 3 times a day.
We loved it so much, we have decided to rent it every year to have a family trip. The beach was a very short walk for soaking up some sun.