“Last-minute booking, delightful property!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandy Cove Inn

Sandy Cove Inn
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Last-minute booking, delightful property!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I love this place. I have been to Seaside many, many times. I always wanted to stay at this little gem, so I decided to make it happen. I made a last minute call, forgetting it was a 3-day weekend for most people. I was dismayed to find there were no rooms available.

But, within 5 minutes, I got a call back informing me they did have a room, the Suite. I told him I would check it out online, and then decide. I took one look at the pictures, and booked it online. I would be two blocks from the beach, across the street from a pub and market. The suite had a Jacuzzi tub, and a kitchenette, along with a TV and VCR/DVD player.

I rented the suite to get away and do some writing. I am participating in the National Novel Writing Month, November. I am writing 50,000 words in 30 days. I decided this would be the perfect place to do it.

Unbeknownst to me, there was a writing desk in the bedroom. WiFi was a snap to access, I had no problems all weekend long. And, from my small balcony, I could see the ocean from my room. The pub across the street had a good selection of beers and spirits, and a yummy bowl of clam chowder (separate review coming-Ustreet Pub).

I decided to get some bubble bath from the market, and enjoyed the giant Jacuzzi tub. The Prom ends on Avenue U, so you can walk into town or drive. The Inn was quiet, and I was able to get a ton of writing done. I seriously can't wait to come back. Oh! The Inn also had a selection of VHS movies you could use for free. I watched Steel Magnolias for the first time. Of course I cried.

The south end of Seaside is one of my favorite places in the world. I would highly recommend staying at the Sandy Cove Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2013

A wonderfully romantic stay. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. We arrived a day early and the staff did what they could to get us accomodated. We stayed in a different room on our first night (because we arrived unannounced), so we were able to experience two rooms - both of which were clean and charming. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: The Boat Room was nice.
Everett
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The ladies at the front desk were very friendly & helpful. Anything I needed they got for me right away & delivered it to my room. Rooms were clean & well maintained. Suggestions was made as things to do in the area & places to eat. There was coffee & tea at the front desk. Free movies

West Linn, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We escaped the hustle and bustle of town, to find a very comfortable, clean room with a great location! We had the 60's room complete with lava lamp! Maria at the front desk was awesome, she went on a search for something we could put our puzzle on. We will be back....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle
Reviewed 31 October 2013

It was my wifes birthday gift and she enjoyed it. Great staff, clean large rooms, comfortable bed, free movies, Wi-Fi, table setting for 2 & coffee. Close to the beach but no view. Easy to get to. The great Groupon offer made this a very good deal.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had the white room, a little small a first, but for relaxing in the evenings and sleep it was just what we needed, the price was great. If you ask for a microwave they will provide one for you room, or the office has one too. :) I'll do it again.

Room Tip: We were in room 13 not bad at all.
Canby, Oregon
Reviewed 30 October 2013

After a family weekend at the coast, we decided we needed a couples weekend and our October birthdays were the perfect excuse along with the great Groupon offer. The room was clean, comfortable and with wonderful new bed mattresses (according to the people at the pub across the street :) Everyone was friendly and helpful. Great handout of recommended places to eat. Discovered the Firehouse Grill on Broadway - our new favorite restaurant. We had never stayed on the South end of town, but it was great because it helped us to get out and walk more to get into town. The weekend was spectacular with blue skys and sun.
We also looked at their house rental next door for a family time at the coast.