“Favorite place in Seaside”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandy Cove Inn

Sandy Cove Inn
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Favorite place in Seaside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this inn for two anniversaries in a row and now hopefully for our third. We always love the surprise of what the decorated theme will be of the room, the location near the shore, the quiet side of town, and how cozy the room is. It doesn't feel like a hotel but more like a house near the ocean. I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
East Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I see a lot of places get a lot of hype, but this place really deserves it! The location was GREAT- the direct drive and limited hwy 101 traffic of Seaside, but without the roar of Seaside. You're close enough to walk to the turnaround if you want to, and an equal distance to the tide pools on the southern end of the beach. The room was great- not too many places are designed to accommodate a family of 5. The staff was warm and professional; the room and entire inn were clean, cute, and a great value for the price paid. The only criticism I have at all is a lack of a chain guard high on the door; our little ones have never had a outside door they could just open and run out before and that caused me a few grey hairs. Next time I'll bring a safety knob with me, as we'll definitely be back! We had a great time here and can't recommend Sandy Cove enough. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Colfax, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say other than they saved me in a pinch was going to go to the seaside for the weekend and had not reserved a place I have a dog and was not able to find a location they were good enough to put us up in room 12 which is the pet friendly room can't say enough great place fair value

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank wantabird
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This place is adorable! If you don't need an ocean view or pool, a really affordable - even in high summer - place to stay in Seaside. Only 1 and 1/2 blocks to beach, nice and clean, on the quiet end of town (a plus for Seaside!), and sweetly decorated for what looks like a basic motel from the outside. Friendly office staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Gardnerville, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The outside of this hotel was super pristine. Very nice!
Room was small with tiny bathroom but I expected that.
Stayed in the 1940s room and it was adorable.
Cannot remember who checked us in but she was very nice and very helpful!
Overall a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for one night while driving up the Oregon coast. We got the "Monopoly Room" which was clean and had everything we needed for a good night's sleep after a long day of driving. Due to a snag in our plans, we ended up arriving after 10 PM. I called the front office and they put our key in a lockbox so we could still get to our room, which I really appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Sandy Cover for 2 nights in October 2013 on a short trip down the Oregon Coast from Canada.
I found Sandy Cove with a Groupon voucher and was glad to find somewhere for a decent price close to the waterfront and not too far from the downtown area.
We mainly used this place as a day trip base for a few drives around the area - to Cannon Beach and to the Tillamok Cheese Factory.

The hotel is very cute, well maintained, clean and friendly. Each room is painted and decorated with a theme. Our room was a Beach Surfer Theme, complete with a surfboard on the wall. The room was smallish with a double bed plus a single and double futon bunk bed. The bathroom was small and older as well, but clean and suited us just fine.

Our only issue was that the room's TV was very small and placed onto of a very tall wardrobe/closet. The only comfortable place to view it was from the double bed and even then it was quite a ways away for a small TV. (Travelling in october meant we didn't have ideal weather and were indoors most evenings, making the TV important.)

The staff was friendly and helped direct us to a few restaurant options.
I would book with the Sandy Cove again sometime in the future, hopefully when the weather is warmer and we can take advantage of more beach time.
I also appreciate that they have some rooms that accept guests travelling with dogs. That's always a bonus for me.

Room Tip: I believe there is no elevator, so if stairs are an issue ask for a ground-level room.