“Right on the Prom”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
portland, or
“Right on the Prom”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Great location, nice staff, and clean rooms. While the property could use a little upgrading, it is basic and sufficient. Mini-kitchen is great for eating in the room. Seaside is such a great place for a family to visit and ride bide on the prom, walk on the beach, head downtown for some people watching, go to Pig n Pancake, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nativenancy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel is one of those hotels that is simple and gets the job done. I came here with my family and had a grand ol' time hanging out on the beach all day and then coming back to the cozy room we had booked on the ground level. We booked a month in advance and would really recommend that to anyone wanting to visit Seaside. The clerks and employees are friendly and gave good advice on where to go in town for some fun stuff. Great for families and couples as well.

Room Tip: Book in advance so you dont get stuck looking for vacancies. That happend a couple years back and wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank birdistheword18
Kelso, Washington
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Listen to all of the reviews that I regretfully ignored. My boyfriend and I planned a beach trip on short notice and the Ebb Tide happened to be the only place that still had vacancies....I now see why. We chose to stay in a suite rather than just a regular room so that we could have a jacuzzi bathtub. The hotel room was alright, outdated but it worked and was clean, well for the most part. I went to take a bath and noticed that the water had a green tint to it, but thought it was just the color of the tub or something. But when I turned the jets on and sat down I realized that there was green foam like substance floating around and sticking to the bathtub walls. I was very frustrated, as well as disgusted and it was about 12am by that time so I just decided to head to bed and take care of it in the morning. When I checked out I told the front desk clerks about it and even supplied them with a picture for proof. They both said how disgusting it was but then when I asked if there was some sort of discount I could receive since I payed $200 for a room with a jacuzzi that was too disgusting to use, the woman at the front desk told me there was absolutely nothing they could do about it, and rudely told me that I should have came down last night and they could have given me a different room (this was the last suite left). I'm sorry but I didnt want a different room, all I wanted to be satisfied with the room for the amount of money I spent. I work at a hotel and I know that there is ALWAYS something you can do about it. Not to mention it was extremely difficult to find a parking spot, and we had to park across the street from the hotel building.

Room Tip: Dont stay here..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nreetz13
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The room was clean & had a fireplace which was really cool. Needs to be updated though, a little 1970's decore. Did not mingle with the staff much, so really cant say much about that. You can start a fire out on the beach, they have places to buy wood all up & down the beach.

Room Tip: Good For the $$ , Even in July Seaside is windy, bring something warm. Don't plan to swim in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Durango, Mexico
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Interestingly enough, the only part the mattered - the bed, was the only part that was worth it. Old, interesting place however it is right on the beach which is the good thing about it. If you are a picky traveler, this isn't the place for you. If you don't care much and just want to be close to the beach and get a good night sleep - it will work just fine. It seemed clean enough, just old and needed updating and repaired. Bed however was great! Nice mattress, pillows and bedding.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki R
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Older property in Seaside but adequate. Several buildings make up this property. Rooms adequate and did not have A/C but the weather was cool so not needed on this trip. Kitchenette with stove top and fridge with some dishes in room. Third floor walk up was not fun! No elevator in our building. There is a building with elevator so if stairs are an issue ask for this area. Indoor pool but did not use. Central to all sights and restaurants and entertainment. Beach steps away. Norma's restaurant great. Finn's Fish house had great food but service was slow. Lots of family fun.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few weekends ago. We have a 4 year old and a 8 month old. The room was clean, and comfortable, the view was outstanding, as was the location. Right within walking distance to everything! The biggest selling point came when disaster struck! We drove 3 hours home and realized that my 4 year old son had left his "friends" at the hotel. His stuffed Frog and Duck and his favorite blanket! Now, anyone who has children who are attached to things, knows what a horrifying thing this is! Well, I called the hotel and they had them in the office!! Woo Hoooo!! They mailed the animals back to me the next day and were so helpful and nice about the whole thing. By that one act of customer service, they have won our business, and we will continue to stay there!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family