“Two days - with the ocean view”

Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Maple Valley, Washington
“Two days - with the ocean view”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I arrived into my home town late Saturday night and ended up here by chance. I like to try out hotels in Seaside, as I am home quite often. Having spent $262 on a non-ocean front room in August at another hotel, I was pleasantly surprised to get an ocean view here for $108. I love staying along the prom for easy access to a beach run in the early mornings.

I was given a choice of a newer room, no bathtub- shower only or older room with a bathtub. I chose the latter. Definitely, the room is ready for an upgrade (bedding, heating, television, bathroom), but for $108 and a wonderful beach view to wake up to, it was a great find for me. Considering all the swanky hotels I've stayed in this year (from the Nylo in Irving, TX to the AC La Finca in Madrid), it's still a room that I'd stay in again. However, some people may not be able to enjoy the room with the outdated feel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 327, it was quiet and had a great view. No elevator access to the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ScherisS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Our room was on the middle floor but it was surprisingly quiet... we didn't hear our neighbors above, below, or next to us. Storm watching from our balcony was exciting. Had a tasty dinner at Norma's. Went for a swim. Enjoyed an evening soak in the hot tub (we were the only guests in the hot tub because we visited early winter; off season). Heard the waves crash as we slept. Woke up the next morning to a beautiful view of the ocean. It was an AMAZING lovers weekend!!! My only complaint was that the room was too warm. Temp outside was in the 40s. We kept the heat off & sliding door ajar all weekend, but our room was still too warm. No matter, I am planning to stay here on our next trip to Seaside.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heather J
ebbtideresort, Manager at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank You for the pleasant response. We do our hardest to try to make everything great. You know the old saying "You can't please everyone." We are glad you enjoyed your stay. A little hint for when you come back the next time, if you run into the same situation with the warmness, please call down to the front desk and ask for a fan, we will oblige you with our concerns.

Sincerely
The Ebb Tide Staff
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We ended up getting the early winter rate with the buy one get one free and weren't sure what we would be in for as far as the room quality and view. We were very pleased! Great view and the room was one off the best we had stayed at on the beach! The location was perfect as well as the view. We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cassiet1027
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Ebb Tide hotel is the quintessential Seaside experience. I grew up visiting Seaside and my husband and I have been frequenting the Ebb Tide for almost 20 years. We love it there. Listen...it's definitely NOT a fancy hotel, but the linens are always fantastically clean, the bathrooms, floors, and furniture have all obviously been thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival, and the staff is friendly. Plus, the location absolutely cannot be beat. Stumble down the stairs and you're on the beautiful, wide sandy Oregon beach. (When you come back with those few grains of sand you just can't wash off your feet it's nice to feel like it's still okay to walk into your hotel room. I always think of the Ebb Tide as the kind of place your favorite aunt and uncle own where they'd say, "a little sand won't hurt anything.") Or stop a couple steps short of the sand and take a nice walk down the Promenade. Just a few blocks to town too and all the restaurants and shops you could want. When we go, we never get in the car unless we decide to drive down the coast to visit another town. It's really pleasant to be able to walk everywhere...especially in the summertime.

When I travel to other places I generally stay at much fancier digs, but in Seaside this is the place to be.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Britt-Marie D
portland, or
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Great location, nice staff, and clean rooms. While the property could use a little upgrading, it is basic and sufficient. Mini-kitchen is great for eating in the room. Seaside is such a great place for a family to visit and ride bide on the prom, walk on the beach, head downtown for some people watching, go to Pig n Pancake, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nativenancy
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel is one of those hotels that is simple and gets the job done. I came here with my family and had a grand ol' time hanging out on the beach all day and then coming back to the cozy room we had booked on the ground level. We booked a month in advance and would really recommend that to anyone wanting to visit Seaside. The clerks and employees are friendly and gave good advice on where to go in town for some fun stuff. Great for families and couples as well.

Room Tip: Book in advance so you dont get stuck looking for vacancies. That happend a couple years back and wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank birdistheword18
Kelso, Washington
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Listen to all of the reviews that I regretfully ignored. My boyfriend and I planned a beach trip on short notice and the Ebb Tide happened to be the only place that still had vacancies....I now see why. We chose to stay in a suite rather than just a regular room so that we could have a jacuzzi bathtub. The hotel room was alright, outdated but it worked and was clean, well for the most part. I went to take a bath and noticed that the water had a green tint to it, but thought it was just the color of the tub or something. But when I turned the jets on and sat down I realized that there was green foam like substance floating around and sticking to the bathtub walls. I was very frustrated, as well as disgusted and it was about 12am by that time so I just decided to head to bed and take care of it in the morning. When I checked out I told the front desk clerks about it and even supplied them with a picture for proof. They both said how disgusting it was but then when I asked if there was some sort of discount I could receive since I payed $200 for a room with a jacuzzi that was too disgusting to use, the woman at the front desk told me there was absolutely nothing they could do about it, and rudely told me that I should have came down last night and they could have given me a different room (this was the last suite left). I'm sorry but I didnt want a different room, all I wanted to be satisfied with the room for the amount of money I spent. I work at a hotel and I know that there is ALWAYS something you can do about it. Not to mention it was extremely difficult to find a parking spot, and we had to park across the street from the hotel building.

Room Tip: Dont stay here..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple