“Dissapointed this time!”

Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Ill start by saying ive stayed here more than 20 times as I come to visit my local family here, but we had a poor experience so this will be my last. Many thinghe staff were unhelpful and unapologetic. The new beds were Hard enough that we asked for a remedy includinng a refund within an hour of checking in and basically told tough luck.t

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank bummerstays
There are newer reviews for Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Ebb Tide has a great location, right on the beach, and on the Prom at Seaside, Oregon. It is walking distance to downtown and the beach is right out the door. My wife has a hard time walking so we asked for a room that we could get to without climbing stairs and the staff worked hard to find a room that worked and still had an ocean view and a king bed. The room was recently updated and was very nice and clean with a comfortable bed. Our room also had a kitchenette which we didn't use but would be nice if you didn't want to go out to eat. They also have a continental breakfast now which includes sweet rolls, muffins, coffee, orange juice and fruit. We were told that they are remodeling a room so they can have an expanded breakfast. Apparently the hotel breakfast competition has reached the Oregon coast. Winter is the off season at Seaside so we were able to get our room for what I considered a very reasonable rate.

Room Tip: The upper floors have better ocean views because the dunes block part of the view from the first flo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CoonHollow
ebbtideresort, Manager at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for the great review. We are an older property and try our very hardest to keep everything up. Can't wait to see you again

Sincerely
The Ebb Tide Staff

Reviewed 13 November 2013

They have a deal going on, stay 2 nights and only pay for 1. Not valid in the summer time. We stayed on the middle floor and had a beautiful ocean view! Being someone who absolutely LOVES the beach this was perfect! We had a little fireplace so it was nice to be able to look out at the beach and stay warm! We ended up getting there late Friday which was not a problem, they want check in at 4..We arrived around 6-6:30. We didn't go into the pool area, we were in a separate building and were so tired from our activities during the day we just decided to stay in and watch TV and enjoy the view! We had a sink, microwave and fridge/freezer, which was nice, so we brought some food from home so we weren't spending so much on food. This hotel is in a perfect spot I think, Short walk into the busy part but far enough away you don't have all the noise. It was a little outdated but very well maintained! I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it if you can get into one!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abeaman2011
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I arrived into my home town late Saturday night and ended up here by chance. I like to try out hotels in Seaside, as I am home quite often. Having spent $262 on a non-ocean front room in August at another hotel, I was pleasantly surprised to get an ocean view here for $108. I love staying along the prom for easy access to a beach run in the early mornings.

I was given a choice of a newer room, no bathtub- shower only or older room with a bathtub. I chose the latter. Definitely, the room is ready for an upgrade (bedding, heating, television, bathroom), but for $108 and a wonderful beach view to wake up to, it was a great find for me. Considering all the swanky hotels I've stayed in this year (from the Nylo in Irving, TX to the AC La Finca in Madrid), it's still a room that I'd stay in again. However, some people may not be able to enjoy the room with the outdated feel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 327, it was quiet and had a great view. No elevator access to the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ScherisS
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Our room was on the middle floor but it was surprisingly quiet... we didn't hear our neighbors above, below, or next to us. Storm watching from our balcony was exciting. Had a tasty dinner at Norma's. Went for a swim. Enjoyed an evening soak in the hot tub (we were the only guests in the hot tub because we visited early winter; off season). Heard the waves crash as we slept. Woke up the next morning to a beautiful view of the ocean. It was an AMAZING lovers weekend!!! My only complaint was that the room was too warm. Temp outside was in the 40s. We kept the heat off & sliding door ajar all weekend, but our room was still too warm. No matter, I am planning to stay here on our next trip to Seaside.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heather J
ebbtideresort, Manager at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank You for the pleasant response. We do our hardest to try to make everything great. You know the old saying "You can't please everyone." We are glad you enjoyed your stay. A little hint for when you come back the next time, if you run into the same situation with the warmness, please call down to the front desk and ask for a fan, we will oblige you with our concerns.

Sincerely
The Ebb Tide Staff

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We ended up getting the early winter rate with the buy one get one free and weren't sure what we would be in for as far as the room quality and view. We were very pleased! Great view and the room was one off the best we had stayed at on the beach! The location was perfect as well as the view. We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cassiet1027
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Ebb Tide hotel is the quintessential Seaside experience. I grew up visiting Seaside and my husband and I have been frequenting the Ebb Tide for almost 20 years. We love it there. Listen...it's definitely NOT a fancy hotel, but the linens are always fantastically clean, the bathrooms, floors, and furniture have all obviously been thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival, and the staff is friendly. Plus, the location absolutely cannot be beat. Stumble down the stairs and you're on the beautiful, wide sandy Oregon beach. (When you come back with those few grains of sand you just can't wash off your feet it's nice to feel like it's still okay to walk into your hotel room. I always think of the Ebb Tide as the kind of place your favorite aunt and uncle own where they'd say, "a little sand won't hurt anything.") Or stop a couple steps short of the sand and take a nice walk down the Promenade. Just a few blocks to town too and all the restaurants and shops you could want. When we go, we never get in the car unless we decide to drive down the coast to visit another town. It's really pleasant to be able to walk everywhere...especially in the summertime.

When I travel to other places I generally stay at much fancier digs, but in Seaside this is the place to be.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family