“Absolutely, Positively, 100%, Worth every penny.”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
San Diego, California, United States
“Absolutely, Positively, 100%, Worth every penny.”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I am a twenty-year old girl who has been dating a wonderful 23 year old gentleman for 2 years (our anniversary is on valentines day.) Anyway, to skip the prequel, My boyfriend called me from work at 11am on monday (a couple days before our anniversary) and said "look up a beachfront hotel babe, we're going away!" and I was enthralled! Of course. But I knew our budget would be tight and we have an 89 pound puppy whom we bring everywhere, so I needed to find a place that would allow dogs. I searched and searched and finally I chose seaside which is a place we've been to a couple times but never stayed overnight. I called the shilo inn, thinking it was sort of a janky, chain motel. The outside is a bit rough, and looks as though it would be a janky-ish hotel.. But I took a leap of faith and booked anyway.. A full ocean view room with a fireplace, big screen tv, full kitchen, balcony, king sized bed, room service, the full nine.. (you can see photos below). All of this for $120 a night (plus a $25 dog fee). It was a bit spendy for us but we just decided that the ocean view would be worth it. We got into the room and both of our jaws dropped immediately. The room was HUMUNGOUS. It was amazing!! So much so that my boyfriend told me "go downstairs and book another night". It was too good.. I could't agree with him more that we should stay another night. I went to the check in desk and asked the host, "We are on a budget and we absolutely LOVE the room, so is there any way you could give us a deal on a second night?" the woman replied "how much would you like to pay". I was so surprised! I cautiously said "How about $80?" and the woman said "Sure! You're booked." and with a smile she explained to come back in the morning and renew our keys. After, we ordered room service. A little spendy, but absolutely worth the price! SO yummy! We then went to the spa and pool. Totally beautiful. Overall, this place is well worth the price and it's the only place we'll ever stay in seaside. By the way, if you go, ask for room 528 ;)

Enjoy the pictures!!
-Laura P :)

Room Tip: Room 528!! Or an ocean-view room on the top floor!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear Laura P,

Love your dog, reminds me of my childhood best friend. Thanks for taking the time to share you experience and all those pictures. We are also doing some work on the outside of the building this spring as part of our remodel. Our weekday prices remain very reasonable well into June while school is in session.

Come see us again.

Shaun W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We were just in Seaside and stayed at the Shilo Inn. Can't beat the location. We stayed in a loft room which requires some explanation. This was accurately called a partial ocean view. The bed is on the entry floor of the unit. There is a small sitting area (room for 2 chairs and a table) upstairs in the unit. You may have to stand up to see the water over the top of the roof especially in the winter season. The room was nice. We received coupons for a glass of wine in the lounge but left after 10 minutes when none of the servers acknowledged our presence.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear rkatao,

Thank you for sharing your description of the loft rooms. These are pretty unique rooms. I'm glad you found the hotel good and yes we have perfect location right on the Prom, feet from the beach, and steps from all the shops. I'll make sure to work on the restaurant staff. Please come see us again.

Spanaway, Washington
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This was our fifth time staying at the Shilo Inn Seaside. We usually stay during the off season so we can watch the winter storms from our ocean view suite. We make hot chocolate in the kitchen and sit in front of the fireplace relaxing. Last weekend (Feb 1 - 3) the weather was nice with sunny skies and warm temps. After exploring the town we would come back to soak in the pool and hot tub. They also have some very nice exercise equipment in brand new condition!!! I could see them from the hot tub or pool. I could also see the promenade and the beach from the pool or hot tub. The staff throughout the whole hotel are very nice and have been on all five of our visits. The food in the restaurant is excellent. I suggest spending a few extra bucks to get one of the View Suites - it's well worth the cost. They were also very happy to have our golden retriever puppy as a guest. She had a great time!!!

Room Tip: Get a view suite on the 4th or 5th floor. Sleep with the glass door open so you can hear the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roddy M
Dear Roddy M,

Always wonderful to hear from one our many regular guests. Happy to hear the staff has pampered you each and every time, and you noticed some of the new upgrades we are making. I too recommend the oceanfront rooms, they are much larger and our guest have a great experience. See you soon.

Sherwood, Oregon
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The front desk staff were sincerely friendly and kind. We were in town for a basketball tournament, and we were upgraded to an ocean view, due to the possibility of noise from the band that night. We are a family of 5, plus our dog, and we were very happy with the room. We found having the kitchenette handy for the family and enjoyed the gas fireplace. Although we didn't have time to use it, we noticed the pool and hot tub have a direct view of the ocean!! Also, taking the dog out was so perfect. You walk right out to a grassy area, looking right at the ocean. Beautiful! Looks like they are making updates to their wonderfully located, literally ocean front hotel. We would happily stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear H B,

Hope your basketball team did well. We do appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone. We do have live music in the lounge on Friday and Saturday nights. The rooms above the lounge are always blocked for walkins so that they know about this. We also do love pets, but at the same time keep one floor pet free for those that request to be away from pets. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and come see us again.

Battle Ground, Washington
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed 2 nights in January - off season which was FANTASTIC - and were here for a basketball tourney. Front desk staff, especially Rick, were extremely helpful and accommodating. We got a free room upgrade which was a total blessing for our family of 5. The hotel is going through some beautiful renovations so there were some small areas that were messy. Those didn't impact our stay at all. Nice fitness room but no bike. Great stay, overall. I have stayed here twice before during Hood to Coast and it's a zoo during that weekend! Off-season was great.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear Karenpie,

Great to hear you had an awesome stay and thank you for sharing your experience. I’ll be sure to share your comments with Rick. We are currently updated the hotel lobby area which has no impact on the guest rooms and we are very careful not to have any disturbance for guests in the lobby as well. It is looking fabulous.

Thanks again,

Langley, Bc
Reviewed 14 January 2013

your room will be dirty, old and smell funky. Your going to wake up due to hall noise - constantly. Okay fair enough people make noise opening doors, other guests and such - but WHAT THE HECK ARE HOTEL EMPLOYEES DOING MAKING NOISE AT 8 am!!!!! anyway it's a dive, if you just dont want to sleep in a tent (better off) then I guess if it's cheap enough stay here.

not a couples get-a-away. at all. no seriously.

only high light - pool/hott ub area

Room Tip: only stay here if you can get CHEAP ocean view, otherwise camp.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley A
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Ashley A,

We do appreciate all comments. 90% off all our rooms have already received updates that include brand new carpet, and large flat screen TV’s. We do plan to have the remainder completed before summer. I am sorry about the noise you heard. Housekeeping does not start until 9:30 each day and I will make sure I talk with the maintenance department as they are the only ones here earlier. I also do highly recommend the oceanfront rooms that are not located on the main hallways and provide a much quieter experience.

Shaun W

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Washington
Reviewed 11 January 2013

nice and comfortable! Pool and hot tub very well kept, will come over and over again!!! Front desk,,, Rick you were great. Sean loved the acommendations. Really enjoy ocean view. Can see tun around, sea gulls, people walking their dogs. Fun watching the kites too.

Room Tip: Top room,,,,yahoo
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunshine55555
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear sunshine55555,

I'll be sure to share your comments with Rick, and yes he is a special employee. Thanks for sharing your experience and we definitely look forward to seeing you again.