“We loved it!”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
“We loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My family and I stayed here for the Oregon beekeepers conference. Right when we walked into our we room where amazed! The full kitchen was amazing and useful. My family and I where also very impressed by the view. We could walk out on to it a watch the ocean. The tv was also very nice and new although more channels would have been nice. What I really liked was the continental breakfast. It was not you're usual crummy buffet style , it was a sit down meal and you had a waiter bring you what you
ordered. The pool and rec room was amazing! The pool was perfect and when you went into the hot tub you could gaze out into the ocean. They also had a full steam room and sauna ! Some things that we did not like was the noisy neighbors but that's not the hotels fault. Everything else was perfect and where sure to come back!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Makai_jacob
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Makai_jacob,

Thank you so much for staying with us and relaying about your great experience. I will definitely pass on the comment of more television channels, but after all, we want you to enjoy the ocean more than the room. We hope to see you again soon!

Jennifer English

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was expecting our room to be much nicer especially when I was seeing everywhere online that it had been remodeled! When I walked into the lobby that was so nice but our room was cramped, out dated, and very smelly! The tv was so old and the reception was horrible! No room service when there was advertising for it! All phone extensions were wrong! No welcome book in hotel to tell about amenities or free internet code was offered! The best things about this hotel was location and pool open 24 hours. Otherwise this hotel needs to pull together a lot of loose ends in order to seem sharp and really be in any competition with the others in town we have recently stayed at. I would have rather stayed down the street always for a cleaner, quieter, and more a
Accommodating stay. No breakfast here either.... Boo :(

• Stayed October 2013
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Krissiere,

Thank you for writing about your experiences at our hotel. We continue to work on our rooms in order to update them and the renovations have not yet been completed. As I have just been placed in the manager position, it is my prime objective to get things in order that seem out of place. We currently do offer a complimentary Deluxe Continental breakfast Monday through Friday from 8am – 1030am for our guests and a full breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday for a fee. During this time our Room Service is not available for breakfast but is available for Lunch and Dinner. I greatly appreciate and welcome your feedback, and hope that you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in the Seaside area.

Milwaukie, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The view is amazing at shilo.but its not worth the price when every morning your being woke up by the children in the adjoining rooms.we heard every thing.I mean everything! when I called to change rooms the office said they were in a kanundrum & befuddled at my request for a quiet room as all the room's are the same. Also no room service for breakfast during our stay.when I brought it up during checkout there were no apologies they were not aware of no breakfast room service. it should of been mentioned at booking. I was specific about asking if room service wad available. We were very dissapointed in this

• Stayed October 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear kathhy,

I would like to apologize for the errors in service and the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I have spoken with the staff in regards to following through with any requests our guests have. Our rooms are similar in the way they were built and walls are thinner than most new properties. Our breakfast service within the hotel recently changed in that we now offer a breakfast buffet to accommodate our guests that want a little something different than our deluxe continental breakfast buffet. Due to these recent changes, our restaurant does not currently offer breakfast room service. I have contacted our reservation desk and informed them of the changes so the miscommunication on our part does not happen again for our guests.
I can understand your disappointment in the services the property offered you and hope that the next time you stay in Seaside; you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

The staff here have their jobs NAILED! Everybody either knows exactly what they are doing or can find the answer in short order. I would like to offer special thanks to both DD's: DeDe at the front desk, who helped us so much before our stay and even more during our stay (6 days for the American Kitefliers Assoc. convention), and DeeDee who maintained our rooms in spotless condition while we were there. And everyone else who always greeted us with a smile and a cheery comment.

The facility itself suffers from the fact that it is older and some maintenance seems to have been delayed (being polite, here). Our first room (309, queen/micro/fridge/small @ $79/night) had the central air duct for the building running behind a wall next to the bed. They might have been using it as a wind tunnel for designing hypersonic fighters; very noisy. And it wasn't being used for ventilation purposes, as there are no air inlets into the rooms. Which brings up the fact that many windows/sliding glass doors lack screens. After the one night, we moved from the wind tunnel into 301, a handicap accessible room ($99/night) and had TRIPLE the room, a king bed, a kitchen, and as much quiet as you can expect in a motel setting (those of us who use stairs are a noise issue for the end rooms). But still a true bargain, in comparison. In this room, our only complaint was that one of the two chairs had no sliders on the legs, which is a problem if you intend to scoot back from the table: sharp square corners on chair legs and a carpet do not move past each other. It was simpler for my wife to scoot back her chair, which had rollers, and then pull the table toward her to let me out.

Didn't try the pool, spa, or exercise room. We had designs on the first two, and they looked very attractive, but never found the time.

We didn't try much of the food, due to eating in our room. We did try the weekend brunch and it wouldn't have been worth the price of admission except for a healthy coupon discount given at the front desk at registration. The only good thing was the ham. Other than that the food was neither memorable nor interesting. Again, however, the staff were wonderful.

I'm not sure that we would stay here again, given the facility and prices. If you don't have an ocean-view room, you could be anywhere, and there are nearby motels of seemingly similar room quality for substantially less. The conference rooms, on the Lower Level (below the lobby, were very nice, which makes this a good spot for a conference or convention, but I'm just not sure that the rooms are worth the rent.

But again, a GREAT staff, and Marihelen's and my thanks to you all for your efforts.

Room Tip: If at all possible, avoid the '09 rooms. That wind tunnel runs through all of them,
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear pctroll,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. The kite festival is a delight for all of us to enjoy here at the Shilo Inn and our guests staying and visiting. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the first room and moving to the second. I have your concerns about the chairs to the Maintenance Team.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that the next time you are in the Seaside area, you give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

During our two-day stay at the Oceanfront Shilo, we were very surprised at the quality of service and accomodations at Shilo Inn. We were helped at check-in by Shannon, who helped us find fun things to do in the area and suggested local places to go for lunch. This was a huge help. We spent the evenings at the boardwalk restaurant watching the sunset with our server, Vicki. She was very personable and all of the food was excellent. We wish we had Shilo in Florida!

Dear kennoegs,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kudos about the staff. I have posted the comments on our message boards for them to read and share with the rest of the team. We all wish we had more properties to accommodate you. Thank you for being a valued member of the Shilo Inns.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Excellent view, loved the full kitchen!!! Staff was extremely helpful & accommodating to our needs. Restaurant has the best ocean views in town. Free drink coupons for the bar enticed us to spend some time in the lounge. Happy Hour was a great deal! Front desk employee, Deedee was rude & argumentative, but other than her; bartenders, servers, housekeeping & management were a delight. I would recommend staying here again. Can't beat the views & convenience of the location!!

Room Tip: Ocean front with kitchen is perfect for a family!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NurseKathyV
Richland, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Bedbugs!!! From the Shiloh at Seaside. The gift that keeps on giving.y husband and I have over 100 bites each from staying 1 night at the Shilo. Other than that, it is old, musty and in very poor shape generally. Way over priced.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Makapu5
Dear Makapu5,

We are very concerned to read your comments as we have not had any reports or indications of this. We take these claims very seriously and hope you will contact us directly to provide further information.

Jennifer English

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels