“Find some place else to stay.”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We booked on line. When I asked at the front desk about the complimentary breakfast that was included in our reservation, we were told they were no longer doing it. When we arrived to check in after lunch we were told check in was 4pm, not mentioned on line. The walls were thin, the noise from rooms on all sides was annoying. at checkout we were offered compensation, but it was too late to take away the bad feeling that hung over our stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AlaskaAnne
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear AlaskaAnne,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. I apologize that you were not offered the coupons that your confirmation stated that you would receive. It is true that we stopped offering the complimentary breakfast during the week on March 10th, however we still honor our guests confirmation notices that state breakfast. Please note that our reservation department does match all web and dot com rates without paying up front. I hope that you do come and stay with us the next time you are in the area so that we can redeem ourselves.

Jennifer English
General Manager.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I really love the Oregon Coast and all it has to offer! This was my first time at the Shilo Inn and I would have to say it was not too bad. The fact that you are right on the ocean is fantastic. The pool and hot tub are always open so for sure a plus. All of the staff was friendly. But my experience in the restaurant was not so good! I would recommend eating some where else :(

Room Tip: Get an ocean front facing 5th floor so you don't hear the noise ;)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CraigY,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that your stay within the hotel was satisfactory. I will let the Restaurant Manager know about your experience in the restaurant so that it can be improved for the next time that you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you again.

Jennifer English

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Took my son to the beach for his 16th Birthday and was frustrated. The room was great, but lack of recognizing as we stood in line to check in for more than 1/2 an hour was irritating. When the girl finally got to us, she was quite curt. A special treat for my son was to be room service at breakfast. I asked for a menu at the front desk. I was directed to the restaurant, that was fine. I got the menu and told the staff what was it was for. I was not told until the next morning when we tried to order that they do not do room service in the morning when they have the buffet. Would have been nice to know. We went down to the buffet, which had no prices posted. After a buffet of mediocre choices and coffee, we received our bill of over $42! The only joy of the breakfast was the Chef making omelets which were very well done. The hotel was close to all the touristy things my son wanted to do, which was good. Normally, I would not have stayed that close to the crowds. When we checked out, again with an extensive wait of no acknowledgment for quite some time, I was asked how our stay was. I said there was a lack of communication, the man said "that seems to have happened a lot this weekend". To me, that would warrant maybe some sort of accommodation for the inconvenience. No, just the statement that it was a known problem. I was disappointed but my son had fun and that was all that mattered. I do not recommend the Saturday breakfast buffet. You get better food for a better price a block away at Pig n Pancake.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MsWendyAnna
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Mswendyanna,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your experience on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize first that you were not acknowledged by my front desk agents during the check-in & check-out process. Delivering great service is a goal we strive for with each guests and I apologize again for not reaching this goal with you. I will also have a discussion with our restaurant team about the importance of understanding our amenities that we offer our guests. I am happy to hear your son enjoyed his weekend, but wish you could have had a more enjoyable time also.
Jennifer English, General Manager.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We wanted to stay on the beach & The Shillo Inn delivers. Pay a little more & get a beach-side room! They are Wonderful! What a view & people watching. The street side rooms I do not recommend. The Shilo does allow dogs, up to 2 for $25

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear 2travel 8,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your experience on TripAdvisor. We love having the availability of bringing “all” of your family members with you on vacation and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your view from your suite. We hope to see you again soon.
Jennifer English General Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Surprised how nice the room was. A great price for ocean view double queen beds, granite counter top in kitchen and bathroom, fireplace and or room was ready early. Will be back. We brought out two small dogs and was worried the rooms may look like a doggie hotel. But everything was very clean and new.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jean S
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel has been there along time, but the location is very good, right there on the prom, ocean view the whole nine yards. If you want to be in the heart of it all, this is the place. However the age of the property is showing. We had a room with partial ocean view with a loft. The loft was a tiny space with 2 chairs, a end table and a lamp. When you sat in the chairs you could not see the ocean you could only see the roof of the hotel. I could hear kids and dogs making noise, so it wasn't really quiet. But I understand, and it did end before it got really late. I think there was a basketball tournament in town. They do give you a coupon for a complimentary drink in the bar that was nice. Room was very small, probably wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Neslolo,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your experience on TripAdvisor. We have been here for 30 years and many events have happened within our walls. Our lofts only offer partial views and would strongly suggest the next time you are in the area, to try one of our Ocean view rooms located on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors. We hope to see you again and certainly appreciate your business.
Jennifer English, General Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Dining room staff was inattentive and apparently newly hired for event weekend. No hostess or waitress for seating for buffet breakfast and food line so dark unable to tell muffin from a sausage patty. No one to take comp breakfast coupon. A young man unshaven and wearing a baseball cap knocked on door prior to 9AM and asked if we needed our garbage removed. He was holding a room key. Thought this suspicious and called front desk who told me they would check with housekeeping and call me back. Did not return call or explain. Found out later young man was there to clean room. Strange. On 5th floor and partial ocean view was overlooking roof top.
Was charged for two buffet breakfasts although we shared only one omelet, 2 coffees. In favor, room was quiet and very clean. But - will stay somewhere else next time. Personnel unfamiliar with location of convention center - 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: If arrival late at night please ask to have a look at room and have breakfast comps explained. Onli...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bebe31750,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your experience on TripAdvisor. I have notified our Restaurant General Manager about your experience in the Boardwalk and he will be conducting some retraining and reorganizing the buffet line. We are making sure to address the items you mentioned and will make necessary adjustments. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves during a future stay.
Thank you, Jennifer English, General Manager