Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed with my two daughters and three granddaughters. The room was not what we where told, it had a kitchen but only had two place settings and nothing to cook with. No AC. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Not a family friendly stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Manna000313
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Manna,
Thank you for posting your review and offering us your valued feedback. I will make sure to address our kitchen supply with my housekeeping team and offer your suggestions of A/C to our staff. Please know that we do offer A/C at the hotel on the South end of town at Seaside East Shilo.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Jake at the front desk was awesome- It was father's day weekend and the hotel was extremely busy and had problems with (inconsiderate) guests checking out late- incoming guests were having to wait to get their rooms cleaned before checking in. I saw Jake deal with several very rude and/or hostile guests in a very professional and courteous manner. His ability to provide top-tier customer service even in difficult situations is outstanding. We had to wait to get our room as well, but were given free breakfast vouchers for their restaurant due to the inconvenience (the food was delicious by the way). The view from our room was amazing- we had the privilege of watching the sunset while eating dinner we prepared in the room's kitchenette. The hot tub was open 24 hours and had a great view of the ocean as well. The hotels proximity to both Seaside's shopping district and beach are outstanding, you step right out the door and have immediate access to both, I will definitely be returning to this location in the future.

Room Tip: 4th floor is the best floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grooth

Dear Grooth,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your review. I will let Jake and the rest of the team know of your enjoyable stay while at the beach. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our facilities while staying with us at the Shilo Inn Seaside Oceanfront Resort.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here with our family and our son's autism service dog because one of our daughters was playing in the Soccer in the Sand tournament. We were given room 212. We were so excited to find out we had an ocean view room, even though the air conditioning unit was partially blocking our view. (We had reserved a partial/city view). At about 9:30PM, the DJ/band in the lounge began playing music very loud. The bass was turned up very high, so high it vibrated our entire room and our ear drums. My husband went down to the front desk to ask how long the music would be playing and could they please turn the music, or at the very least, the bass down. The front desk was sympathetic and made several attempts to get the lounge to turn it down. Although they did turn it down, the bass vibrations did not stop and our kids had difficulty falling asleep as did we. We were told that the music would stop by 12AM. But after 5 trips down to the desk, 2 phone calls and multiple emails to the General Manager begging her to make them turn down the music, at 12:30AM the music was still blaring. The volume had gone back up again as well as the bass. At this point, my husband was irate and went down to desk and demanded that the music stop. They told us they could take $50 our room (our group rate was $199/night). The next morning, the front desk said that they did not have the authority to reduce our rate because it was already reduced by the group rate. The front staff offered to move us to a different room, but the only room they could move us to had a sleeping configuration that would have been worse. So we would have traded one problem for another. I emailed the general manager and sales manager again asking them to try to rectify the situation. The room was not worth the money were spending if we could not sleep. On top of that, the band was playing again on our 2nd night. Much to our surprise and relief, the general manager emailed me back and took care of us. I am so incredibly thankful for her understanding of the situation, especially because it was too late to find another hotel and one that was comparable to the location. Ms. English did the right thing and that means so much. We didn't get our sleep back, but she somehow made it better.
I recommend staying on any floor except the 2nd floor. The restaurant is ok, but we recommend Doogers as you will get great service, good food and it's only a block or so away from the hotel. You cannot beat this location especially if you are playing in either of the beach soccer tournaments held in June every year there.
Thanks again to Ms. English for taking care of our family. We will definitely stay here again, but will request a different floor.

Room Tip: Request any floor except the 2nd floor. Avoid room 212 which is directly over the lounge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Crkuffner,
Thank you for posting your review. It was my pleasure to assist you in order to make your stay with us more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again next season for the Soccer in the Sand. Jennifer English General Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and would pick it again, mostly because it is right on the beach and it is dog friendly. You can walk out of the hotel onto sand. The room I had was modest, but I wasn't there for the room, I was there for the coast experience. The single queen room had a loft that overlooks the ocean, but it mostly overlooked the roof with heating/cooling units. The room could have had more electric outlets. The hotel is very dog friendly. There are bags for poop pick up and trash bags near the hotel. The restaurant is also wonderful for the view — nothing like watching the sun set over the ocean.

Room Tip: The "loft" in single queen bed rooms that overlooks the ocean actually overlooks the roof...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Daleeva
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Daleeva,
We are so pleased to hear that you and your furry companion enjoyed your stay. I encourage you to book an Ocean View room the next time you come and visit us, so you can enjoy a great view of the Pacific Ocean. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My last trip trip was personal in nature. The staff, especially Debi at the front desk helped me out with all the little things. Great weather, great views and super food. Couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: 528 is the best room in the Hotel. King Oceanfront.
Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Speedy,
Thank you for sending your comments about our staff! I will make sure that Debi is aware of the positive reviews. We hope to see you again soon for some more great views, super food and of course great weather!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great location! We had never been to the coast before, and this hotel had a very nice girl at the front desk very helpful. We plan to visit again as soon as we can. Loved it in seaside, I only wish we had been able to stay longer.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Chenoa,
We are so happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable first trip stay with us. The coast is always a great place to visit and we look forward to when you can next come out and visit us. Jennifer English General Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were given an upgrade when we arrived. That was a good thing because we would have definitely been more disappointed in another room. We had a partial view of the ocean. The little window in the loft was broken; therefore, we were not able to close it. We had problems with the room key. It took the staff three times to get it programmed correctly. I could not get the hair dryer to work. Even though we had these problems and I would try another hotel in the future, the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fran,
Thank you for sending us your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear your experienced some problems during your stay with us. I will be taking your comments to my Maintenance Team to get resolved. We hope you do give us another try the next time you are in the area. Jennifer English General Manager