“Friendly ocean stop”

Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Phoenix AZ
“Friendly ocean stop”
Reviewed 25 July 2008

My wife and I spent one night at Paradise Suites in Seaside Oregon on 7/12/08. The owner was friendly, flexible and very helpful. The suite was clean, fully furnished and was surrounded by beautiful flowers. Their recommendation for a dining spot was superb. They were flexible in allowing us to check out an hour later. We would stay here again any time.

Alan Greenbaum
Phoenix, AZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 18 June 2008

I have stayed at Weiss' Paradise before but in the motel suites. I wanted to plan an all girls weekend with my friends, as we were all in need of a mini vacation. So I called the motel and spoke with the owner, she helped with everything. She was so nice and helpful with places to go, where to eat, what events were going on, and where to avoid. I arrived first to check-in and was greeted by the owner Donna, she had information on all the places we had talked about ready for me (saved me time so I could enjoy my weekend). Once all my friends arrived we had an amazing time. The house we stayed in was perfect. Everyone had plenty of room, everything we could possibly need was provided, they even had movies we could watch, (watched movies from when we were in high school, ahhh memories). The house was very clean and felt like you were "at home". The house was so close to town but in a residential neighborhood so it was quite. We could walk everywhere and not have to drive.
I have stayed at other hotels in Seaside but this is the best. If you get the chance to see the hotel in the summer, you will be amazed at all the flowers on the property. The smell from all the flowers is unbelievable. I have already booked my summer trip at "The Paradise" If you are looking to get away on a romantic trip, family vacation, or a girls get-a-way. This is the place. Why stay anywhere else? I'm not.

• Liked — How clean the house was, and the feeling of being at home.
  • Disliked — There is nothing I didn't like.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MotorcrossRider
Oregon
Reviewed 4 September 2007

We just had the most memorable, and enjoyable trip to the northern coast. We felt we were extremely fortunate to have found these accomadations, and wanted to share it with others.

From the first sight, which are flowers you will not believe, we fell in love. The suites are clean, comforable, and provide you with so many added extras. They have thought of everything! I usually have trouble sleeping the first night, but NO, not here, slept like a baby.

We would recommend Weiss' Paradise to anyone and will diffenently return, and make this one of our regular get-a-ways.

Thanks to them we had the most friendly, relaxing, fun trip, we 've had in a long time.

Southern Oregon Beach Bums

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank OregonBeachbums
Troutdale
Reviewed 24 August 2007

What a FABULOUS PLACE. My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to take both sets of our parents to the beach to tell them our great news, so we did what we always do and went to trip advisor and did some research. That's where we found Weiss' Paradise and booked the largest house they had.
We were sold from the minute we called. The lady who booked us was so helpful and charming. We told her our plans and when we arrived they had everything set for us down to a basket of goodies and wine. It was perfect for the celebration we had planned.
We LOVED the house, the grounds and the easy access to downtown and the beach. EVERYONE had a great time and both sets up parents were excited when we told them we were engaged!
We will always remember the weekend we told our parents the great news and we all loved it so much we decided to make it an annual tradition. We wouldnt' think of going anywhere else but Weiss' Paradise. Thanks for making our family feel like your family!

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank eagelcheercoach
USA
Reviewed 31 May 2007

We had seen the good reviews and booked a weekend visit. On the outside the place was cute, manicured lawns, flowers, nice exterior. There were barbecues and picnic tables. However once inside things changed.
We rented the largest house, with three bedrooms. From the front door you enter a room with two beds with a pocket door leading to a bathroom and concrete stairs (no door) leading to a very small room with a love seat at one end. From the very small room you enter into the kitchen which is open to the family room. Off the kitchen there is a bedroom and bathroom. From another door you go upstairs to a large oddly angled room with three beds and a door that leads to a bathroom.
We realized that the first bedroom which you entered off the main door was not a bedroom but a finished one car garage, hence the concrete stairs and no door, with beds stuck in it. This room stunk so bad there was no way to actually sleep in it. The smell was like a combo of dirty, wet, dog and old urine. The bathroom off that bedroom smelled the same if not worse. Not only was there a smell but there was no door for any privacy and the beds were in between the main entryway of the house. Whatever the smell actually was it had been there a while because there were old, dried up, dusty air fresheners in many of the sockets around the house.
The kitchen was nice and had been remodeled semi-recently. The house has a max of 8 people and there were random glasses, plates, bowels which would not have accommodated that many people.
The living room was ok but it too had a mild wet animal smell to it. The furniture was old, think Costco from the early 90's. The couches were mushy and had a dingy gray to them. There was also a TV and VCR.
The upstairs bedroom had a single bed, and two double beds (all beds were mattresses on the floor without any sort of frame) and there was a TV - VCR. In the upstairs bathroom there is a claw foot tub, a toilet, and a sink. The tub is old and has what appears to be a permanent dinge to it. There was actually a visible ring where the average water line hits.
The main level bedroom had a queen sized bed and the main floor bathroom had also been remodeled and sadly was probably the nicest place in the house.
It should be noted that all of the mattresses in the house were very old, stained, lumpy, and well used. I had my childhood bed for 18 years and used it as a trampoline for many of those years and my bed was in better shape than these. I am pretty sure that these were other hotels cast offs that they bought up. There was also a faint "aroma" given off by the bed we slept in.
In short it was a short walk to the beach which was nice, however for over $200 a night this place was a rip off. A little over a year ago we stayed in a hotel by Disneyland and payed $30 more for a nice, clean, two bedroom suite with a full breakfast.
We will never return to this place and I would keep looking for a better place if I were you.

• Liked — It was close to the beach.
  • Disliked — The stench and the horrible beds!
  • Stayed April 2007
16 Thank Wild_flower_07
Bothell, WA
Reviewed 27 February 2007

My wife and I were seeking a place close to the ocean, but not too close to the crowds. A few blocks from the main part of Seaside and just as close to the beach, this fit the bill. A small, but comfortable 1-bedroom suite gave us a chance to have some down time for a couple of days. Very clean with an attentive owner and assistant. Will go back.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank TQJ66
Sun City, AZ
Reviewed 30 August 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at Paradise Suites and we will be back. The cottages are extremely well equipped for any eventuality (extra pillows, blankets, ironing board and iron, "lotions and potions", kitchen equipment and snacks, etc.) and are very reasonably priced. They even provide umbrellas for the "mist". We were pleasantly surprised to find that our cottage was equipped with a jacuzzi. The cottages are all nicely decorated and we loved the patios for having our morning coffee. Everything was spotlessly clean (and I'm extremely particular when it comes cleanliness). The entire property is a true diamond...the resort's flowers are magnificent...and it's just a short walk to the board walk (occasionally the Weiss dog, Paris, would choose to accompany us...I'm not sure if we had more fun or Paris did), the beach and town and everyone we met was extremely friendly. There are wonderful sites to visit in close proximity...for any one wanting a truly restful vacation without the hassle of a big city...you MUST try the Paradise Suites...once you try it...you'll be back again and again!
Madeline Bennett (Scottsdale, AZ)

• Liked — Everything was wonderful
  • Disliked — There was nothing not to like!
  • Tips/Secrets — Expect a wonderful restful vacation