“WOW! What a find.............”

Paradise Suites & Rentals
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Troutdale
“WOW! What a find.............”
Reviewed 24 August 2007

What a FABULOUS PLACE. My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to take both sets of our parents to the beach to tell them our great news, so we did what we always do and went to trip advisor and did some research. That's where we found Weiss' Paradise and booked the largest house they had.
We were sold from the minute we called. The lady who booked us was so helpful and charming. We told her our plans and when we arrived they had everything set for us down to a basket of goodies and wine. It was perfect for the celebration we had planned.
We LOVED the house, the grounds and the easy access to downtown and the beach. EVERYONE had a great time and both sets up parents were excited when we told them we were engaged!
We will always remember the weekend we told our parents the great news and we all loved it so much we decided to make it an annual tradition. We wouldnt' think of going anywhere else but Weiss' Paradise. Thanks for making our family feel like your family!

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank eagelcheercoach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
USA
Reviewed 31 May 2007

We had seen the good reviews and booked a weekend visit. On the outside the place was cute, manicured lawns, flowers, nice exterior. There were barbecues and picnic tables. However once inside things changed.
We rented the largest house, with three bedrooms. From the front door you enter a room with two beds with a pocket door leading to a bathroom and concrete stairs (no door) leading to a very small room with a love seat at one end. From the very small room you enter into the kitchen which is open to the family room. Off the kitchen there is a bedroom and bathroom. From another door you go upstairs to a large oddly angled room with three beds and a door that leads to a bathroom.
We realized that the first bedroom which you entered off the main door was not a bedroom but a finished one car garage, hence the concrete stairs and no door, with beds stuck in it. This room stunk so bad there was no way to actually sleep in it. The smell was like a combo of dirty, wet, dog and old urine. The bathroom off that bedroom smelled the same if not worse. Not only was there a smell but there was no door for any privacy and the beds were in between the main entryway of the house. Whatever the smell actually was it had been there a while because there were old, dried up, dusty air fresheners in many of the sockets around the house.
The kitchen was nice and had been remodeled semi-recently. The house has a max of 8 people and there were random glasses, plates, bowels which would not have accommodated that many people.
The living room was ok but it too had a mild wet animal smell to it. The furniture was old, think Costco from the early 90's. The couches were mushy and had a dingy gray to them. There was also a TV and VCR.
The upstairs bedroom had a single bed, and two double beds (all beds were mattresses on the floor without any sort of frame) and there was a TV - VCR. In the upstairs bathroom there is a claw foot tub, a toilet, and a sink. The tub is old and has what appears to be a permanent dinge to it. There was actually a visible ring where the average water line hits.
The main level bedroom had a queen sized bed and the main floor bathroom had also been remodeled and sadly was probably the nicest place in the house.
It should be noted that all of the mattresses in the house were very old, stained, lumpy, and well used. I had my childhood bed for 18 years and used it as a trampoline for many of those years and my bed was in better shape than these. I am pretty sure that these were other hotels cast offs that they bought up. There was also a faint "aroma" given off by the bed we slept in.
In short it was a short walk to the beach which was nice, however for over $200 a night this place was a rip off. A little over a year ago we stayed in a hotel by Disneyland and payed $30 more for a nice, clean, two bedroom suite with a full breakfast.
We will never return to this place and I would keep looking for a better place if I were you.

• Liked — It was close to the beach.
  • Disliked — The stench and the horrible beds!
  • Stayed April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
16 Thank Wild_flower_07
Bothell, WA
Reviewed 27 February 2007

My wife and I were seeking a place close to the ocean, but not too close to the crowds. A few blocks from the main part of Seaside and just as close to the beach, this fit the bill. A small, but comfortable 1-bedroom suite gave us a chance to have some down time for a couple of days. Very clean with an attentive owner and assistant. Will go back.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank TQJ66
Sun City, AZ
Reviewed 30 August 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at Paradise Suites and we will be back. The cottages are extremely well equipped for any eventuality (extra pillows, blankets, ironing board and iron, "lotions and potions", kitchen equipment and snacks, etc.) and are very reasonably priced. They even provide umbrellas for the "mist". We were pleasantly surprised to find that our cottage was equipped with a jacuzzi. The cottages are all nicely decorated and we loved the patios for having our morning coffee. Everything was spotlessly clean (and I'm extremely particular when it comes cleanliness). The entire property is a true diamond...the resort's flowers are magnificent...and it's just a short walk to the board walk (occasionally the Weiss dog, Paris, would choose to accompany us...I'm not sure if we had more fun or Paris did), the beach and town and everyone we met was extremely friendly. There are wonderful sites to visit in close proximity...for any one wanting a truly restful vacation without the hassle of a big city...you MUST try the Paradise Suites...once you try it...you'll be back again and again!
Madeline Bennett (Scottsdale, AZ)

• Liked — Everything was wonderful
  • Disliked — There was nothing not to like!
  • Tips/Secrets — Expect a wonderful restful vacation
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
10 Thank Catladie
Boca Raton S. Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2006

What a terrific place to stay. I booked my weekend stay based on the reviews from trip advisor. I ended up staying four nights. So comfortable, I didn't want to leave. Everything was just a few minutes walking and I could hear the ocean at night. I only used my car twice to go to the store and the movie. The decks was wonderful read my book there really relaxing. Great bed and the amenities are over the top. I travel for business and these are better than most 5 star hotels. I didn't think I would use the Jacuzzi bathtub but after a long day of golf it hit the spot. If you want to treat yourself really good the Paradise suites is the place. The flowers are unreal never saw anything like it.

13 Thank gmanoman
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 July 2006

What a wonderful family vacation in Seaside Oregon. Our family of 20 booked the entire rental property for our family reunion and had the best get-together ever. We have booked other rental houses in the past but were always crowded. This property was ideal for us. There are two houses that each have 3 bedrooms and a duplex with one side being a 1 bedroom and the other being a 2 bedroom. We could have also had an additional fourth bedroom but we did not need it and there was more than enough room for everyone to have beds. The children just loved having their own space and it gave the adults more privacy which was an added bonus with so many people. One couple wanted their own unit and the one bedroom duplex unit was just right for them and other families took the houses and the other side of the duplex. My sisters and I could not believe how clean everything was. Every unit had all you could need. The outside area had room for all of us to gather and have barbecues or just sit out an enjoy the fresh air. When we divided up the cost between families and idividuals, it was not as expensive as hotel quotes we found for the area. My sister first noticed the website with all the flowers where they have the suite units. I don't know how they do it but the flowers are really something to see. We aren't even home yet but wanted to write a review so other families can know what a great place this is. I talked with the owner and there are still openings for the rest of the summer. We are planning on returning in early August with just our family because they have a short stay opening available in one of the houses. As for our family reunion next year, we are going to return and take the entire property again. We are so happy to have found the paradise rentals. I almost forgot to mention the gifts at check in, we were given a very nice array of cheeses, crackers, snacks and even wine in a canvas bag at each unit. That was such a nice touch. We have noticed over the years that the lodging in Seaside is usually pretty basic and some hotels have really gone down hill. The rate for one of these houses is less than what a big hotel quoted our friends for the same time we stayed. We all agreed that these units would be great for all family types. The location is just wonderful and we will tell all our friends about what a great find in Seaside.

• Stayed July 2006
15 Thank TravelQueenDJ
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 March 2006

A very classy place to stay. The suites were very clean and well decorated. The staff was wonderful. We were very impressed with the beautiful flowers all around the suites. We slept like children and woke to the smell of flowers. We have been to Seaside many times, and the Paradise is the only place to stay for us.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member