Maple Leaf Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Edgewater Inn(Shady Cove)
  • Pool
All reviewscrater laketwo queen bedsroom was cleanneeded a place to staybusy roadgreat place to staycoffee makerfridge and microwavestayed one nightshort drivetwo nightswould stay here againice machineflat screen tvparking lotunitsproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in Shady Cove on our way to Crater Lake. It is a lovely drive up to the National Park from here. Much better than staying in the nearer, more over-priced motels and inns, in my opinion. Sonia and her husband run the motel, having bought it about 10 years ago. They are so nice and friendly. The room (we were in 112), was so clean, lovely and comfortable. We originally booked for one night, but were so happy that we stayed another night. We were sad to leave! The kids loved the swing set in the garden, I loved the roses that Sonia lovingly tends around the property, and we all loved the extremely comfy beds. The owners really care about making their guests happy, look no further for a fantastic, good value, clean and big room.

Room Tip: We had 112. Great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at the Maple Leaf Motel 4 nights a week from June to October while on a work assignment to Prospect, OR. The owners were great people, the rooms very clean, and the beds and pillows were great. They were the best beds and pillows that I have ever slept on in a motel! I would stay here again for work or play. Thank you to Sonia and Danny for a great place to stay while travelling.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Driving through the town of Shady Cove, Oregon I was captured by a river feel, cool against the mountains with lush trees and a little Inn, roadside, captured my eye. With the peaceful setting covered in Oaks, I was offered a very fair to excellent price and greeted by a kind family that made me feel, while away from my home, right-at-home. I have stayed more than 5 weeks and will continue to return each and every time I am in the area. I know that I can call them in advance and surprisingly they remember me and offer me an excellent stay in a spacious, clean and comfortable room. I would suggest anyone that passes through stay and enjoy a comfortable stay and see how pleasant Shady Cove is.

Room Tip: Room 112 and 214 are my personal favorites as they are corner rooms and larger than others, but all rooms are similarly identical with two beds, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV with cable, and full size bathrooms. A full closet also is nice for those longer stays.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DENNIS G
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a very pleasant and family owned motel in the little Rogue River town of Shady Cove NE of Medford and Ashland. The motel went through an extensive interior re-modeling in the last 10 years. The rooms are esthetically pleasing, up-to-date, and very clean.

The family owned motel and small town atmosphere provides a very favorable environment for a pleasant stay. Medford and Ashland (Shakespeare Festival) are at the south end of the Rogue River Valley, but the travel times to those towns are not bad. Medford and Ashland have more than enough restaurants for travelers to sample.

Besides the proximity to Ashland and the Shakespeare Festival, there is plenty of beautiful and historic scenery in this part of SW Oregon--including Crater Lake and the historic gold rush town of Jacksonville.

This is also a good place for fishing enthusiasts since the Rogue River is only a short walking distance from the motel. Additionally, there are a number of trout stocked lakes and streams in this part of SW Oregon as well.

A very restful, pleasant, and economical place to stay during your trip to the area. The friendliness of the owners and the very good service simply top off what should be a very nice travel experience..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon T
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We loved our stay at the Maple Leaf Motel!! From the beginning we knew this was a good choice. It is family owned and you can tell immediately that they take great pride in their place. The location was important; it was close to small town shopping as well as discount shopping. The rooms were very clean and the beds were so comfortable. We plan another trip next fall and will stay there again, of course!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family