“Christmas at the gardens”

Oregon Garden Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Silverton
Oregon
“Christmas at the gardens”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed one night on the current Christmas package which included the room, entrance to the Christmas festival, breakfast and more. This first stay at the resort was positive (despite the frigid temperatures!). The festival, while small, was nestled in the forest grove with lots of Christmas lights, vendors, fire pits to warm your hands, etc. Liked being away from reality! Enjoyed drinks in the bar (great happy hour) and the breakfast had plenty of choices. The room was very nice with amenities you would expect and a gas fire place. We were able to bundle up and walk in the garden, enjoying the winter sun and blue sky and dusting of snow on the ground. A perfect winter get away.

Room Tip: Check out their packages and off season rates.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redhills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We have stayed there many times from the first night the hotel opened. I will admit in the first months there were a few problems, but now for many years that has been solved. I have been in charge of many conventions and since my committee live at both ends of the Willamette Valley, the Oregon Garden Resort has been a great place to meet have dinner and stay the night. We have stayed there at least 50 times and always welcome the opportunity to go back whether for business or pleasure. And if you have any love of gardens, the Oregon Garden is great and that statement comes from someone who has traveled the world leading garden tour groups.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Oregon Garden Resort was top rate in so many ways. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and nicely decorated to fit the Northwest environment. Heat for the room comes from the gas fireplace which keeps the room warm and cozy even in a very cold night. We booked the resort for the Thanksgiving weekend and were not disappointed. We were warmly greeted at the front desk and instantly made to feel like we were the most important people around even though we came at a very busy time.
The Thanksgiving buffet dinner was great. Good options and very tasty. The breakfast buffets could use a few more options but overall we were satisfied.
The Christmas market and light display in the gardens made things very festive. It was a treat to walk around and warm up under the heat lamps. A few more booths are needed to really make this an exceptional experience but since it is their first year for the market... they are off to a good start.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We felt like we were staying at a high level hotel yet our rate was amazingly reasonable.
The resort does need to improve the workout room. The room only has two pieces of equipment; a bike and treadmill. During our stay, the treadmill never worked which left only one working machine.

PDX, OR
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Overall I would not recommend this hotel, not unless you are staying on a great deal and just know what to except going into it. But the gardens are worth a visit.

My boyfriend and I went to the Oregon Gardens Hotel on a package deal to spend a weekend together and our experience wasn’t stealer. Our room was cute and I liked the fact that it was in a smaller cabin-ish type building away from the main hotel, the décor of the whole place was very odd. I really enjoyed the fact the garden was included and you could walk right into it from the hotel. We had great service at the bar and restaurant, but the food was just ok.

I asked about the Frank Lloyd Wright house the girl at the hotel desk couldn’t answer any of my questions, I would think they could give you a little information about an attraction on their property.

We had arranged for a massage and facial (one was included in the package) and there was a mistake with the time of our appointment, and when we arrived we were too late. The girl at the spa counter was not only rude but offered no solution what so ever, when I told the front desk they apologized said the spa was separate from them but they would pass on my info and complaint to the manager and have her call me later that day…no call. When I was checking out and asked how our stay was I brought it up again, and they put it off on the spa again, and finally when we were about to leave offered some product in exchange for what I paid, but we were already running a little behind and needed to leave.

1 Thank pookiep3
Heppner, Oregon
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The rooms were nice with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. We were on a retreat and shared a room for expenses although the rates were very nice. Shared a bed but did not even feel when someone got up. It was cold and rainy outside but we spent our time indoors. Received coupons on arrival and went and had lunch which was delicious. The retreat had the meals catered by the resort and they were great. The red potato salad outstanding. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast buffet included in room charge was nice with a decent selection. Looking forward to returning when flowers are in bloom. I can imagine beautiful gardens. It was quiet even though a lot of guests. I brought my own pillow as I have never had much luck with pillows. We will return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Pacific NW
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My friend and I planned a fun getaway on opening night of the Christmas Village which was also the night of the Civil War game. I cannot think of a time when I received worse service in a lounge.. We were totally ignored for 15 minutes while the cocktail waitress stocked the back bar. I tried to upgrade my liquor for my drink but was not accommodated. Other patrons were making comments to us as well. Both staff were no only non attentive- but just flat out surly and RUDE. My friend had been there other times and spoke of the comfy sofas and roaring fire so we were really looking forward to unwinding for the evening before the restaurant opened. There were only about a dozen people in the lounge at half time, which was also telling. The jumbo tron outside was packed! Apparently it was more comfortable to be out in the cold weather than to try to be served by the icy staff inside. There are many other little places in town that will make you feel welcomed. We went back after our meal and cocktails to go through the Christmas lights but wouldn't have proceeded with our plans at the lodge if it were the last available bed in town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank statbrat55
Portland, OR
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed one night over the Thanksgiving weekend. The Resort was offering a package deal of a night's stay plus breakfast for $99. The Resort has a nice restaurant which we had dinner at, plus a lounge with a fireplace. Note: the rooms are in separate units, in some cases well away from the main building. Our room was clean and comfortable, but had no soft chairs. It included a small, private deck on the back that looked over a portion of the garden. However, we had to call maintenance (they came promptly) to get the door to the deck to close completely. Although the property appeared to be nearly full, it was very quiet that night.

Although billed as a resort, it didn't really have a resort "feel" to it; I wouldn't characterize the property as luxurious, but it served as a nice weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Some of the units are single-story, and others are 2-story. Ours was single-story, and backed onto...
1 Thank DavePortland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Silverton Inn and Suites
Best Western Woodburn
#1 of 4 in Woodburn
Hampton Inn & Suites Salem
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn

Been to Oregon Garden Resort? Share your experiences!