“First time stay......”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Silverton
Willamina, Oregon
“First time stay......”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We checked in around 6ish...went straight to the Fireside lounge to hear the live music and have dinner. Around 8:30 I took some things to my room. I noticed the remote did not work the tv and the fireplace wouldn't ignite (the front desk had informed me that was the only heat source) when I checked in. The weather had cooled considerably and my hubby is handicapped and needs warm. When I happened back by the front desk to inform them...I was told the maintenance people who could help me would be going home at 9:00 p.m. so i had to go back over to my room to assist them or get instructions on how to use the remote??????? As it turned out, the remote needed batteries and the pilot light needed to be started...Seems to me these things should be checked before guests arrive. What if I hadn't gone to my room before 9:00? Beds were very comfortable and had a nice nights sleep:) Sink in bathroom didn't want to drain...had trouble brewing the coffee:))))) A comedy of errors:)))

2 Thank Terry G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I have been staying at Oregon Garden Resort since it opened. It has gotten better with age. My recent visit made me rave again to my friends about them. Not only is the garden spectacular, the hotel and restaurant are world-class. The rooms are arranged in clusters and nestled around beautiful gardens filled with specimen plants. It is a gardeners dream. Even if you are not an avid gardener, I would highly recommend staying there for a few nights just for a relaxing getaway. I sleep like a baby there. The rooms have five-star amenities with fireplaces and patios. The staff is always smiling and ready to do whatever when you enter the lobby. The food is delicious and prepared by an exceptional chef and delivered by a charming staff. Breakfast is extensive, lunch exceptional and dinner on the patio is memorable. Check out the dinner package. It is an unbelievable value. Oregon Garden Resort is a must-see in Oregon.

Room Tip: We like a room by the pool and hot tub. There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DCBRiverside
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This resort is located directly adjacent to the Oregon Gardens. We have stayed there before and were satisfied. This time we had issues with our air conditioning and the shower would not drain. When got ready to make coffee in our room the only choice we had was decaf. What a bad way to start a day. Their buffet breakfast was adequate and the service was good. There also is no hand soap in the bathrooms so one has to step into the tub to use the commercial dispensers of soap and shampoo. This is classless for a place like this. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. WE could not sit on our deck as the unit next door's air-conditioning unit was blowing on the deck and noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that backs up to the Oregon Garden. Make sure you do get a room where the deck in wh...
1 Thank 113willie
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for one night for business, along with my partner and our dog. The hotel is only five years old so the facility is in pretty good shape. The pet fee was reasonable at $15. The food in the restaurant was average. The wifi in our Dogwood cottage was pretty weak. As a guest, you're allowed to have access to the garden outside of regular hours, so long as there is light.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TorontoLeesar
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Room was very nice and clean. Restaurant had good food. Then there is the gardens which are lovely. Stayed here on a coupon deal for $109 which included an overnight stay, dinner entrees for two, bottle of wine, entrance to gardens for two and $20 to spend at the spa. We got our money's worth! Even saw deer in the evening as they wandered the gardens.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandy S
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We took advantage of a special weekday offer that included dinner, a bottle of wine, breakfast, and entry on and off hours to the Oregon Garden. It was an offer that seemed a bit generous so I was prepared for some hassle. There was none.

Tracy at the front desk was clear and complete when she checked us in. She answered all our questions then and other front desk did the same during our visit. Kimberly at the restaurant helped my wife later with meeting her no oil/no fats vegetarian diet and letting us take the wine back to sip on the back porch of our cottage like room. That was part of the awesome experience of being right amongst the landscaping.

The pool was fine. It was pretty hot during our stay and might have used a little more shade around the deck. Because of the afterhours visiting hours we were able to go into the Oregon Garden when the sun wasn't scorching hot in the evening and the morning of our departure. That worked out for the best given the weather.

The only problems for us was the difficulty of getting an electric vehicle charge during our stay. There was a 110V outlet in front of the K Unit, but it was blocked by a gas car. The second problem was that the room air conditioners vent unto the room patio decks and are a little noisy.

For EV users there is a fast charger and several 240V chargers at Roths a short distance away from the Resort.

2 Thank Pat777campbell
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here for my brother's wedding (the ceremony and reception were at Oregon Garden Resort as well) and it was amazing. The venue will take your breath away and the staff will make you want to stay forever. .The Wedding planner and event coordinator were total pros at keeping a potentially hectic wedding calm and organized and the rooms were comfortable, clean and had a bungalow feel. As as added bonus the place is pet friendly and so are their stunning gardens!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Silverton Inn and Suites
Best Western Woodburn
#1 of 4 in Woodburn
Hampton Inn & Suites Salem
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn

Been to Oregon Garden Resort? Share your experiences!