On the first day of our vacation in Oregon, we flew from the east coast to Portland, picked up a rental car, and drove south, planning to stay at the Oregon Garden Resort and see Silver Falls State Park the next morning. It was an easy and pretty pleasant drive, and we found the resort actually nestled in the garden. The main building has a western, rustic lodge style, and the dining areas overlook the garden across a grassy lawn. The rooms are located in separate one-story buildings, each containing around 4 to 6 rooms, which are designed so that each room has its own private outdoor patio to the back (on the opposite side of the building from the parking lot). In our case, the patio sort of backed up to the garden, and it was very private and quiet. The resort grounds, like the garden itself, is very well landscaped and low-key. Guests have access to the garden via their room keys, which means you can explore the gardens before and after the usual open hours. Breakfast was included, and there was a very good selection of hot and cold dishes. I tried the muffins, sausages, and caramel bread pudding and was quite happy. It seemed like the selection probably changes each day. With our close proximity to Silver Falls State Park, we were able to get an early start on Sunday and beat the crowds. We really enjoyed our stay and would love to stay here again. Tip: there is a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house, known as the Gordon House, on the grounds of the Oregon Garden. However, its hours are fairly limited, so if you are interested in touring it, check their website. Otherwise, it is accessible at all times for a quick walk around the outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oregon Garden Resort sits above The Oregon Garden's 80-acres stunning botanical gardens. Our guest rooms are nestled in a series of cottages throughout the grounds behind the main lodge. Each building has six rooms, featuring fireplaces and private landscaped patios or balconies. Rooms also feature microwaves, fridges and coffee makers, among other amenities. Included in an overnight stay is a complimentary hot American breakfast buffet and unlimited admission into The Oregon Garden. Ample parking is available both at the main lodge and around the rooms. Pet-Friendly and accessible rooms are available at the resort. The Resort's beautiful main lodge features the Fireside Lounge, which hosts live music each night along with happy hour specials daily; Moonstone Spa, our full-service day spa; and the Garden View Restaurant, which features sweeping views of The Oregon Garden and the Willamette Valley beyond. The menu showcases the best in Northwest cuisine and wines. The main lodge also houses meeting space for corporate meetings, family reunions, wedding receptions and conferences. A heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub are set behind the main lodge. Oregon Garden Resort is a smoke free resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Oregon Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oregon Garden Hotel Silverton
- Oregon Garden Silverton
- Oregon Garden Resort Silverton