“Food was OK, Service not so much”
Review of Creekside Grill

Creekside Grill
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Silverton
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Creekside Grill offers casual dining at water's edge. Nestled on the banks of Silver Creek, our outdoor patio & dining room, featuring ceiling to floor glass, overhang the water to reveal a view of a the covered footbridge and the stream. Open 7 days a week, our menu boasts delicious seafood, steaks, pasta, burgers, salads & creative specials. Ask about our full service martini bar & additional outdoor summer Terrace.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So we went on a Tuesday evening about 7. We were the only table in the place for about an hour. I am still surprised how uninterested our server seemed. She never asked for a drink order and after the meal just brought the check over without inquiring about dessert or coffee. The food was OK, nothing special. I asked for my veggies with no butter but of course they came out covered in butter. The waitress waited about 15 minutes after our food arrived to see how we were doing and I asked her to replace the veggies which finally came out well after we were done eating. I expected better service.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

A nice setting by a large stream. We were greeted by a very friendly staff and when a table wasn't available, outside by the water, they suggested a path along the stream for a nice walk. Good call. When we returned, our table was ready. One server had a large number of customers so our service suffered. So, here's what really gets my goat: we spent a while (because our server was working about 11 tables) going over the (short) wine list. We ordered a bottle, along with a starter. Well, we found out they were out of the wine we ordered, after a long wait, but our starter showed up anyway. This really gets me going. With such a limited wine list, the restaurant can't keep up. And shouldn't the server tell us which ones weren't available. (If she weren't down the tubes, maybe).

Calamari: under cooked. Spare ribs: over cooked and dry. Pork confit: a winner. Really nicely prepared.

Wouldn't recommend. We will try one of the several other places in this small town.

1  Thank Joel F
Reviewed 7 May 2014

It’s always fun to stop by Silverton, browse through the shops and grab a meal. Recently, my wife and I dined at the Creekside Grill. After milling around the hostess stand in the mall area for awhile, it was apparent it was not staffed, so we walked up to the cash counter. We were seated and looked over the menu. We took note of the marionberry and pumpkin desserts and knew light meals were called for. My wife has some new dietary restrictions and was having trouble deciding on a selection. Our middle-aged server got huffy when she couldn’t take the order right away.

We ordered the soup and turkey sandwich as well as fish and chips with a dinner salad. It seemed odd that the salad was taking so long to arrive. The salad did come, with the meal seconds behind. The salad was a nice selections of greens, it’s bitter taste could have been tamed with some romaine or leaf lettuce. The thousand islands dressing was a little too sharp. The clam chowder was excellent. It was sprinkled with a nice assortment of clam pieces. It would have been perfect had oyster crackers been provided instead of saltines. It is perplexing why restaurants serve sandwiches on “Wonderbread” with shredded lettuce. The turkey came in little nuggets that kept falling out of the sandwich.

The fish and chips were good. Large steaks fries cooked just right, good flavor on the fish. The fish however was almost hidden amongst the fries. The buyer might consider ordering larger fillets and leave the minnows for someone else. Fortunately, one of the other servers noticed our water glasses were empty and topped them off. Our server did clear the plates, and made a beeline to the cash counter and presented us with the bill. The words were not said, but feeling was here’s your bill, pay up and get out. No offer of dessert or after meal coffee.

As business owner, if one of my employees treated a customer with such disregard, we would have a serious conversation about their future in our company. We will NEVER return to the Creekside Grill. If you enjoy above average food served up with a healthy dose of snooty and pretentious attitude, then this is the place of you.

We made our way to the Main St. Bistro & Coffee, where their cheerful staff helped us with our dessert selections.

2  Thank D M
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I visited the restaurant based on the reviews. Bad bad choice. The view is good but only a few tables are creekside.

The place had very few tables ocvupied but it took 40 minutes just to get the salad. The waitress was surprised that I was becoming impatient. In fact she asked if I was hungry when I asked if it would be much longer.

I've never walked out of a redtaurant in all my travels but I was standing up to leave when the quinoa salad finally arrived.

The food was ok and reasonably priced but I won't return. I just don't have that much time to waste on average food.

1  Thank Kmagg
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I always enjoying stopping by the Creekside Grill for a meal or a drink. This is one of just two or three places in Silverton where you can enjoy a meal with a view of Silver Creek. The wait staff is always friendly and attentive, and food is excellent and priced right. The location can be hard to spot, if you are unfamiliar with the town, but it is well worth the effort to find it. The lounge area is warm and cozy, and there are usually drink specials. The one criticism is a limited (and unchanging) offering of microbrews. The martinis, though, are awesome.

1  Thank Steven R