“This place needs a little updating and more customer service”

Sisters Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sisters
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was just an OK place. Our unit had a kitchen, but didn't even have any spoons to use let alone other silverware to make place settings. The stovetop hadn't been cleaned in sometime. The hair dryer didn't work. I asked the office for a replacement and they said someone had stolen the one they had. They had no other. The units could use some real updating. Would be a little more appealing if they had flowers and plants around the premises. There was nice grass out from the sliding doors. The continental breakfast was much to be desired. We went next door to the grocery store for some bananas and yogurt.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I tried all over Sisters, OR to book three rooms for a Friday night for our family motorcycle trip. Most places were either full or wanted us to book two nights minimum. With all the bad reviews on Trip Adviser in regards to Sisters Inn and Suites, we were expecting the worst. We were pleasantly surprised to find clean, comfortable rooms with picnic tables on the patio. We played a good game of cards on the picnic table in the evening until the sprinklers turned on and got us wet. The free breakfast could of included at least bananas, but we were satisfied with the muffins and coffee. This place is close enough to town to walk the town - too bad the shops all close so early. They lost our business by closing up at 4 to 5:00 PM.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Even though the rooms had been updated with new furnishings the carpet was dirty and stained and the bathroom sink, tub, and floor were dirty. The coffee pot had not been cleaned. It was nice having a picnic table outside our room but it was covered in dirt. There was no screen door on the patio door and it was the only window in the room so we couldn't leave it open for fresh air because of bugs and mosquitos. The "continental breakfast" was very poor. There was cereal but no milk and the pastries were stale. Even after asking for the room to be cleaned better it was still less than satisfactory. Everyone was blaming someone else for the lack of attention to the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We checked in here after our camping plans fell through. When we arrived in our room the bathroom was dirty! It had not been cleaned from the previous guests, so immediately I was skeptical of the whole room. Luckily, we were heading out so they had time to come back in and clean it. When we returned the bathroom still had hair all over the back of the toilet and the bath mat was wet and wrinkled, it was the same one as before just tossed over side of tub. The garbage in the room was not emptied and the carpet was dirty. The chairs on the balcony were covered in dirt and grime so I had to clean them before we could sit and enjoy the sun. For $120/night I was expecting the place to be better. Overall a disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This used to be a good place but service has gone downhill in the past year. Front desk people barely acknowledge you - no training. Rooms are spare, mattress was rock hard. Continental breakfast is a joke-the "coffee" was mostly hot water , no fruit, packets of oatmeal but no milk (sign says "we don't serve milk products of any kind"). Room was clean and quiet but for $100 you can do better elsewhere. These people act like they don't care.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I called for a reservation on may 6th. for a nights stay on may 7th.. The morning of May 7th. I woke up at home very sick. I called at 9am to cancel my reservation for this night and was told there was a 48 hr. cancellation policy. This was not told to me at the time I made the reservation. I spoke to the person on duty and voiced my disappontment and ask if she could wave the charge. I was tranfered to the manager and he said he couldn't help me and this is the policy.

He charged my visa around $108.00, which is too bad, I will not use your hotel ever.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Woke up feeling tired from no sleep, sore from the rock-hard mattress, and out $83 for the cost of one night's stay.

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night (one night stay). We could hear everything outside our room and in the adjacent room. We knew beforehand that a basketball tournament was going on in town, so we put up with the rowdy high school boys having a snowball fight outside our ground level corner room in the afternoon, with several of the snowballs loudly hitting our door. However, people constantly yelling and banging on doors around us continued much later into the night when we were trying to go to sleep. In addition to the noise, the beds were horribly uncomfortable. We woke up feeling sore and tired. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple