“Wonderful scenery and play”

Aspen Lakes Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Aspen Lakes Golf Course should be on your "must play" list when visiting Central Oregon. A favorite of locals and visitors alike, Aspen Lakes is a challenging but fair course that features bentgrass tees, greens and fairways, unique red sand bunkers, and mountain views that will provide a beautiful distraction throughout your round. Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest Magazine.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I just played my favorite course in Sisiters Oregon, Aspen Lakes GC. What a fine experience I had again as the course was in immaculant condition, the staff was as nice as could be and went out of their way to make the experience a day to remember. This course deserves your play if you find yourself nearby as it is truly a gem to have such a beatiful course here in Oregon. I recommend a cart for your first time here as the course is very walkable but long also. Take a cart and enjoy the scenery, bring your camera too. The food at 33 is very good and in the summer they have wonderful events with food and music that are always fun and enjoyable experiences. Thank you again Aspen staff for a great day at your lovely golf course.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Had an 11:10 tee time on 5/16/14 and all of us were on time and ready to go at 11:00. Funny that at that moment (11:00) there was a group of 20 (the Black Butte Buddies) who were on the first tee taking first drive pics. We talked with the starter and found out they were "stacked up" and that the BBBs were starting late. We were directed to speak with the course manager (Rob or Doug?) who stated that some groups arrive late which causes problems but there was not much he could or would do about it. He also stated this was a group that had been coming to the course for the last dozen years. We were now looking at a close to 11:40 start. Apparently in the eyes of the management this is an OK thing to place an irresponsible group starting late in front of the rest of us on time folks. We did get out at approximately 11:35 and proceeded to wait on every hole for the Buddies to play their scramble. Suffice to say even with the efforts of the marshals the round exceeded five hours. I'm a local who plays this course infrequently as it's not the first time I've had a long round or bad experience (how about being pushed by a marshal to keep up with the group in front when we have a foursome and they have only three players...). I guess I expected them to improve over time. A course with great views but expect a lot of time to gaze at them.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

OK, I'm biased. I'm a member there. This is rated by the Golf Channel as one of the top 5 courses in the whole US in bang for the buck. Which means: there are cheaper courses to play, but nearly as scenic or as much fun. And vice-versa: more expensive courses that don't offer as much value. It's really a nice golf course.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been a member here for 2 years. I also played the 1st round of golf when course opened in 1997. Picked the game up again a few years back. This course was voted by Golf Channel's Matt Ginnella as one of the top 5 courses in bang for the buck in the ENTIRE US! Enough said.....

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Right now this spectacular golf course if running a special. It is great shape even this time of year and the views are spectacular. You can't go wrong.