“Good fresh food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stopped here quickly a couple of weeks ago on our way back from an OSU game in Corvallis. We were hungry, but didn't want a huge meal since it was so late at night. My wife and I both ordered off the appetizer menu and both items were very good. I forgot the specific name of my dish, but it was 3 tacos (chicken, beef, and pork) with spicy salsa and fresh vegetables as well. The chips and salsa were also very good.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Reading the other reviews, I'm not sure what people expect from a Mexican restaurant. Lunch today was some of the best Mexican food I've eaten in a very long time (and growing up in Southern California in a Mexican neighborhood, I've eaten a lot of it). Starting with the chips and salsa and on to the fatias, corn tortillas and enchiladas everything was great. The restaurant was crowded, so the service was a bit on the slow side, but nothing out of the ordinary for a place that popular.

I can't help but comment on some of the other reviews and ask how someone can go into an unairconditioned restaurant when it's 95 degrees with three children and expect to have a good time. That's one star parenting to my mind. I'm also trying to figure out what someone else thought was expensive about this restaurant. $3 for a pint of beer? Two large meals for $25 in our case including the beer. And folks that green stuff wasn't supposed to be gucamole, it was avocado sauce. Read the menu, dude!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Good food but service wasn't up to standards. Nice outdoor seating except on major highway thru town. Good Margaritas.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

A lovely little restaurant serving all of the usual suspects - tacos, burritos, tamales, etc. - as well as items with a twist. We stopped by for lunch, thinking we'd get a something light, but the food was filling and I ended up with dinner as well.

The chips and salsa were served up right away; although the tortillas are not made on site, the chips are and the salsa had a nice texture and flavor. It was not the usual chopped tomatoes and onions and cilantro, but a smoother sauce, yet still with some chunks; more chili flavored instead of just tomatoes.

All of the dishes were nicely presented - instead of glops of rice and beans which then spread into the rest of the food, the rice was molded in a cup and inverted on the plate and the beans served in a cup. It was nice to have the choice between refried beans and black beans. The rice and beans were tasty and were the right temperature to eat instead of being over-zapped resulting in burnt tongues.

The food had a fresh flavor and the portion sizes were adequate. The prices are pretty reasonable, under $10 for most of the lunch choices, $12 for two items + 2 sides and a few more expensive offerings. I had the carne asada which was served with grilled cactus, chorizo and guacamole sauce, which I think was $13.

As full as we were, we had to try the flan. Good choice ! Outstanding flan, with just the right texture and the right amount of sweetness. I thought the whipped cream and chocolate sauce were going to be overkill, but it was a nice complement. The flan is made on site.

Service was friendly and I appreciated having the rest of my meal packed up by the staff as opposed to having to shovel the food into the container myself at the table. It was nicely arranged in the container and was just as appetizing the next day; additional salsa was a nice touch.

Good, tasty food at a reasonable price ........

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Los Agaves in Sisters has the best Mexican food! We ate there on Monday of Memorial Day. They were stand-in-line busy but got the food to us without too long a wait. The owner, Jimmy, was on the run waiting tables. When he got to us he had time to stop and talk to us about our order as if we were the only customers he had. The food was very good. We had cousins with us who also enjoyed the food. We will be back, Jimmy!