“Stay at Long Hollow Guest Ranch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Long Hollow Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sisters
Long Hollow Guest Ranch
Ranked #2 of 4 Sisters B&B and Inns
San Lorenzo, California
“Stay at Long Hollow Guest Ranch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

What a lovely place to stay. The rooms have great views of the property and are very comfortable. Getting up in the morning you see the cattle grazing on the land which helps you to forget your troubles. Dick and Shirley are gracious hosts and do everything possible to make your stay memorable. We were very fortunate to have a group from Washington staying with us and one of them (Ian) cooked a great English Breakfast! This is an Inn not to be missed and one to go back to many times even if you are there only to unwind.

Room Tip: All of the upstairs rooms have great views of the property
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Singaporetom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Port Alberni, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

My family and I have been to Long Hollow Ranch a number of times - and we have always been truly blessed. Dick and Shirley are great hosts; they invite you into their home, and they love and care for each guest The food is always excellent, the horseback riding is superb, and by the time you leave you will know the staff at the ranch as good friends. Long Hollow Ranch is our family's favorite place away from home - because it feels like home!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Botzet
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

April was perfect time for my 11 year old daughter and I to spend some quality time together horseback riding, fishing and just hanging out without any distractions!

Go on a diet before you go because the food is fabulous.

Bring your camera.

Be prepared to deal with the nicest group of people you can imagine!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank csettles91
Carlton, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

Our stay at Long Hollow Ranch was truly a delight. As others have said, Dick, Sherly and Jeff (the ranch hand) where great hosts and the food was tasty. We primarily went there to play Disc Golf in Sisters and surrounding areas, but quickly discovered there was plenty to do on the Dude Ranch itself. We didn't get a chance to do some of the available activities, but plan to the next time when the weather is just a touch warmer. We only stayed for two days and could have easily stayed at least another day. We had the opportunity to also see some of the shareholders as they were having their annual meeting that weekend. They were all very nice, welcoming and treated the guess as though they were great friends. As for being Christian based, I'm sure it is as noted by the fish on the brochure that I only noticed after leaving; since I wasn't looking for it, I didn't see it or notice nor were they pushing it. I may not Christian, but I am open minded. Knowing that now, would I go there again? Most definitely. Should knowing that change your mind about going? Only if you wanted to miss out on a great experience.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fafurd
West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

If you are looking for tranquility, warm hospitality, a break from everyday hectic schedules, a savory breakfast, extremely clean and comfortable accomodations, and activities abounding in every direction, then this is the place to stay!!!

We enjoyed a peaceful horse ride, a hike to Alder Springs, fun shopping in downtown Sisters, and another hike at Smith Rock. We wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank heidenja
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

We chose the ranch to celebrate a special birthday and family get together. Overall our week could not have been better. The rooms, hospitality, horseback riding, rafting and food made it a wonderful, relaxing week. Dick and Shirley welcome you like family. Mountain views are exquisite and the acres of riding area feels like it goes forever. Horses are well cared for and first class. Katie, the head wrangler, makes sure your horse fits your needs and organizes a unique trip for each ride. We spent a spetacular day riding to a crisp mountain stream for a picnic and cool refreshment. If someone in the group prefers fishing over riding, the well stocked pond is an oasis to pass an idyllic morning or afternoon. Only sad part was having to leave. We will surely be back and bring more family next time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank worldtravelersfromca
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

It's hard to know where to start :) I was expecting to ride up to twice a day, to be given all 3 meals a day and to have a room with ensuite facilities to myself - I received so much more. All the food was home cooked and of great variety - we never had the same thing twice! The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and I heard other guests say the same. Cleanliness was top quality. The attention to detail to make my trip really special and personal to me was quite unbelievable - I could ride who I wanted, when I wanted and where I wanted (school, trail and even round pen training). The scenery and location were superb - plenty of places to hike, fish, shop, visit and explore. The staff were the kindest, most accommodating I have ever met. Meals were eaten with wranglers, ranch owners and other guests creating a lovely family feel - Christian principles practised throughout the whole stay and generosity throughout to a fault (if that's possible) ...they even lent we their car for a few days... I can't wait to go back!! There just wasn't anything I didn't like.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Traveller186225
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sisters
Five Pine Lodge & Spa
Tetherow Lodges
Tetherow Lodges
#3 of 43 in Bend
The Lodge at Eagle Crest

Been to Long Hollow Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!