“You Must Experience Long Hollow Guest Ranch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sisters
Long Hollow Guest Ranch
Ranked #2 of 4 Sisters B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We arrived at night and were greeted so warmly by Dick and Shirley. The next morning was brisk but the sun was out, and after having a wonderful Thanksgiving day breakfast, we decided to ride horses. Katie and Mike escorted us to the corral and Katie chose a horse for each of us based on what we were looking for and based on our personalities, as well. My husband was matched with Cookie. Wow what a wonderfully beautiful horse who reminds us of a big fuzzy, and furry, stuffed animal - so precious! Our ride was fun and we enjoyed spectacular country and views of the mountains. In the late afternoon, other guests arrived and we shared Thanksgiving dinner together. It was a delightfully entertaining time as we learned about each other. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience, and recommend that you visit Long Hollow Guest Ranch.

Room Tip: All the rooms in the main house were beautiful. There was a cottage, as well, that would comfortabl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BarbKaySmith

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Longing for some peace and quiet and truly wanting to 'get away frm it all' so I could spend some quality time with my sister (I see her just once a year so quality time is at a premium), I booked 3 nights at the Long Hollow Guest Ranch in early October. Our goal: Read, Ride, Relax. As soon as we turned into the driveway, the Relax portion began. We were instantly struck by the lovely ranch scenery and the serenity of the setting. Down the drive we went, and checked into our cabin (once a stagecoach stop on the route from Albany to Prinveville). The cabin was spacious and clean and lovely...I could live there! We loved the privacy, though we were also very impressed with the large rooms in the ranchhouse, each with its own bathroom! Then, to our first ride...our guide, Katie, was friendly and very thoughtful in matching us to our well-mannered horses, and our ride was peaceful as we meandered uphill and through the junipers, then down past the lovely pond and across the meadow. Katie made us feel at home immediately and we couldn't wait for our next ride. Dinner with Dick and Shirley was delightful. My sister is a vegetarian, and Shirley prepared meals that appealed to her and that were hearty and interesting (we were all vegetarians for our 3-day stay and I lost some weight--a real bonus!) Dinner conversation was delightful and we looked forward to more meals with the Long Hollow folks. We were not disappointed at breakfast, expertly prepared by Mary, and enjoyed getting to know her, as well. Each day, we awoke to the peaceful sight of cows grazing on pasture as far as the eye could see. One day, we watched a large coyote pouncing on field mice, a thrill for my sister who had never seen a coyote before. On our last day, we gave up one of our rides to accomplish our goal of 'doing absolutely nothing' for a while, and stayed in our lovely cabin and read. The day ended with our best ride ever, in the perfect afternoon sunshine. Long Hillow Ranch is ideal if you are looking for a place to unwind, not be bothered with the chatter of television, and set your own schedule (we spent one morning hiking at Smith Rock State Park instead of riding). There is no pressure to do anything (except show up for meals) and you will relax immediately. Take along some books, and enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kamaaina
Reviewed 25 September 2012

What a beautiful setting and peaceful environment! The fat beautiful cattle in the pasture were entertaining while we sat on the wrap around porch. We had a very comfortable bed and nice bathroom in a spacious room that makes you feel like you are visiting family. Warm and welcoming breakfast with great peach cobbler. The hosts and staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathe M
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I too have stayed at the ranch many times and i assure you it is awesome. In the spring when all the new calves are born is great you'll see them running and bucking and the grass is growing so fast the horses are trying so hard to eat it all and you can hear them tearing the grass as they eat it's so quiet. the ponds are full and the eagles are simply breathtakeing. Then there's the summer hot dry and lots of ice cold lemonade. Meals so big you need naps and stars like you've never seen before. But nothing compares to a fresh blanket of snow it's so calm and quiet if you listen carefully you can hear the snow flakes landing as they cover everything with a blanket of whiteness. And with all the hospitallity you'll think you've stepped back in time. Nope just another day at Long Hollow Ranch. Dick and Shirley are real people with hearts of gold always seeing the good in everyone. God has truly blessed them. I know i'll be back again and again.

Room Tip: The cottage is our favorite.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I was a guest at Long Hollow Ranch for a week spanning the end of April and the start of May of 2012. I know that I will slip back to Long Hollow Ranch in my mind often until I am able to return. I will remember how I forgot to breath while gazing at the scenery from the high plain overlooking the valley that encompassed the ranch and beyond. I will remember the wonder of mule deer moving through the trees as we rode up the slopes ..I will remember the free feeling embedded in the horseback rides daily....I will remember the professionalism of the staff on all fronts and the clear mission that they had to make the stay the optimum experience. I will remember the care that was taken with fine food, with warm and clean rooms and living areas, and the fine quality of atmosphere and attitudes. I will remember the excitement and fine and restoring solitude available while fishing the ranch's trout and bass ponds. When all is quiet at the end of a long intensely busy day, I know I will pull close the memories of Long Hollow Ranch and what it gives to all that come.

Room Tip: Be there ....there is nothing but fine rooms to be had
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank 375dselby
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My husband and I just had a wonderful stay at Long Hollow Ranch. Many times it is so hard to find a place that goes back to the roots of life and can allow you to relax. Normally when we go to a place we look through the movie library and settle in with a couple of movies in our room. Long Hollow allows you to talk, laugh and listen. There are no TV's in the room, no state of the art stereo systems and that is just the way we wanted it to be this weekend. Dick and Shirley made the most wonderful breakfast for us. I read in one review that everything made seemed to be from a box out of costco ... man if Costco could duplicate the breakfast we feasted on they would have something good! We devoured all that was on the table and Dick kindly cooked up some more! This place is such a blessing and we can't wait to enjoy all that the ranch has to offer with our kids this the summer.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank markusrob
Reviewed 11 October 2011

What a lovely place to stay. The rooms have great views of the property and are very comfortable. Getting up in the morning you see the cattle grazing on the land which helps you to forget your troubles. Dick and Shirley are gracious hosts and do everything possible to make your stay memorable. We were very fortunate to have a group from Washington staying with us and one of them (Ian) cooked a great English Breakfast! This is an Inn not to be missed and one to go back to many times even if you are there only to unwind.

Room Tip: All of the upstairs rooms have great views of the property
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple