“Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich and Thick Cod Tacos hit the spot”

Bronco Billy's Ranch Grill and Saloon
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Hotel Sisters!
Springfield, Oregon
“Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich and Thick Cod Tacos hit the spot”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Two of my friends and I had been photographing fall leaves at Clear Lake near the summit of Santiam pass in the Oregon Cascades and decided to have lunch in Sisters, about 30 miles away. I had eaten at Bronco Billy's with a friend from England a couple of years ago and remembered that the prime rib sandwiches and garlic fries we had had then were very tasty so I suggested we visit Bronco Billy's for lunch on this trip.

Bronco Billy's is on the ground floor of the historic Sister's Hotel, a two-story wood frame building built in 1912. The main dining room is decorated with wild west decor and when you walk through the main door, you are greeted with a larger than life poster of Clint Eastwood dressed as the famous army scout. The saloon adjacent to the dining room has a carved back bar with iconic colorful dancing girls originally brought around the horn from Philadelphia to San Francisco in the 1860s. The hotel rooms upstairs have been converted to themed private dining rooms available for group reservation.

For this visit, I selected a pulled pork sandwich. It was topped with Billy's own house BBQ sauce and served with Ranch House cole slaw and fries. I thought it really hit the spot.

My friend, who loves fish tacos, ordered their signature Taco Grande. Billy's offers it with your choice of pulled pork, shredded beef, tender chicken, sauteed vegetables or fresh cod. She, of course, ordered it with fresh cod. It arrived heaped with large chunks of cod in a light batter and stuffed with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black olives and mushrooms topped with guacamole, sour cream and freshly made salsa. The taco shell had been breaded with parmesan cheese and deep fried. It was so big she didn't think she could eat it all but so delicious she couldn't stop herself until it was gone! She declared it was the best fish taco she had ever had!

So Bronco Billy's has been added to our list of must eat stops when we're taking pictures in the central Cascades!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mharrsch

Hillsboro, Oregon
“HOLY YUMM”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

it is so yummy!! we got the potatoe skins, and my husband brought the left overs and snacked on them all night! and their fries are to die for!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank jacie g
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Does not live up to the hype”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Our son read about this restaurant has a major attraction in Sisters Oregon so we decided to try it with him, his wife and three daughters. While the ambiance was interesting as an Old West saloon complete with hotel rooms upstairs that they allowed the girls to go up and tour, the food was unremarkable. I tried what was billed as "Oregon`s Best Burger" the Caballero with avacado, cheddar and sweet salsa. The beef patty was thin and overcooked. It was fairly tasty but I simply cannot imagine it was truly the best available in the state! I tried my daughter in law`s fried cod fish tacos. They were tasty but too heavy with breading. LT had a blackened ribeye that the server recommended was inedible. We did not want to cause a scene so did not mention it. The chocolate cake a la mode dessert that the 3 sisters had looked scrumptious but I didn't sample it. I would rate this not worth a revisit.

Albany, Oregon
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have eaten here four times now, and never gotten a bad meal.
The Marion Berry short-cake is so very good. I was worried they would not have it on the menu when we went back again in October but they did.
I always order the chicken, my favorite!
My husband orders the steak and hamburgers.
I love this place.

• Visited October 2013
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Amazing steak dinners”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Bronco Billy's has amazing steak dinners. You get your typical salad and potato choices. A little bit expensive so just know, you get what you pay for.

• Visited September 2013