“Horrible Service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We dined at the Boathouse restaurant May 20. There was 1 waitperson and the restaurant was full so it took almost half an hour to even get the menu.

We ordered our dinner which took forever to arrive because there were so many people and such a short staff. My wife got what she ordered but what I received was different than what I ordered. When I brought it up to the waitress she said it was the daily special and wouldn't that work for me? I laughed and said (1) I didn't order the daily special and (2) I'm a vegetarian and the dish was chicken. She too was indignant and decided to blame the cook.

I finally got my meal about 15 minutes later after my wife had already finished her dinner. We asked for our desserts to go and this irritated the waitress as well.

We finally received our desserts and the bill and I noticed I was being charged for the dinner that I did not order. I crossed it out and wrote in the dinner I did order which was several dollars less. This also irritated the waitress. I still left a 15% tip to try and get her out of her funk.

Needless to say the waitress needs an attitude adjustment - perhaps a visit to the unemployment office.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a spring snow storm blow in and the waves were lapping at the edge of the restaurant. With great food, good drinks, and warm atmosphere it made for a nice romantic dinner.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were served the wrong appetizer and the wrong entree. The staff worked to correct the problem but it was incredibly unprofessional. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Walter S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a very small restaurant but very rustic and cute! The food was really good; I had a salmon special which had great flavor. The server was very knowledgeable about Gluten Free ingredients and helped advise on what they would leave out. The caramel creme brûlée was amazing!!! I would definitely go back!

1  Thank sassadaisy
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Arrived on a cold and windy day. The restaurant is at the end of Suttle Lake so the wind was pushing the ice against the shore right below the windows of the restaurant. Service was quick and friendly. Soup was Vietnamese, excellent. The rest of the food was ok. This is a beautiful spot to visit regardless of the season.