“SO GREAT!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sisters
Oregon City, Oregon, United States
“SO GREAT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

The hubs and I have two little ones and needed an overnight getaway to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. I chose Five Pine based on its getaway package (which includes 2 movie tickets and $50 to spend at the Three Creeks Brewpub, the Shibui Spa, or Jen's Garden), and I decided to splurge and upgrade to the Romance cabin. So glad I did and that we went! Everything was just awesome. I had an ear-to-ear smile the whole time and just felt so pampered. I have been raving about the place to all of my married friends and urging them to take an overnight or weekend there. It's only about 2-2.5 hours outside of Portland, so it's just far enough away to feel different (thanks to the completely different landscapes of the Willamette Valley and Central Oregon) without being a real pain to get to and from. We felt like the time in the car was more than justified even for just an overnight stay. Bend is also nearby. We took advantage of swimming in the pool, rode the complimentary bikes around, the complimentary drinks at social hour, the fine complimentary breakfast (which we ate on our patio looking into the forest), and most definitely enjoyed the soaking tub, fireplace, and awesome showers in the cabin. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. $50 doesn't get you much at Jen's Garden or at the Spa, so we took it at the Brew pub and each got a full course meal from appetizers to dessert (plus a drink). Great use of the money.
I HIGHLY recommend going here. It is a little pricey (at least for us) and so I hope someday we can afford to come back again, maybe for a weekend this time!

Room Tip: Romance cabin is VERY awesome, worth the $50 room upgrade, in my opinion.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Just returned from Five Pines Lodge, our annual getaway to the high desert. The property is carpeted with wild flowers between each cabin. The cabins are upscale luxury amidst the pines. Our favorite is the Classic Cabin -- beautiful interior and the bathroom is jaw-dropping -- walk in "room" for the shower and the water for the two-person tub flows from the ceiling overhead. The fireplace is cozy and the french doors to the patio gives a homey feel. The spa here is excellent. There are bicycles for cruising town, which we used to ride to the Reindeer Farm at the farm end of town - this time no reindeer!!! Downtown Sisters is but a short walk for shopping and restaurants. Since we first began going to Five Pines they have added a Brew Pub and Movie Theater. The only shortfall is that this property is right on the highway, however the cabins are back far enough so that the traffic sounds are not that bad.

Bend is about a 15 to 20 minute drive, which we usually visit at least once, however this trip was so relaxing we never left Five Pines and we look forward to our return next year.

Be sure to explore the McKenzie Pass on your way to or from Sisters -- it is an amazing drive that is only open during summer months. The road goes through massive lava beds, high desert and rain forests -- not to be missed.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a child -- they do have "Caboose Cabins" available -- a small...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 7th anniversary here and couldn't have picked a better place to find R&R (rest & romance). The Romance Cabin was perfect - the two person shower, gas fireplace and gigantic tub were AMAZING! The bed, so comfortable, it was hard to leave the plush warmth in the morning. Great coffee in the room (what a surprise!) and deluxe continental breakfast in the conference center got us off to a good start each day. We took advantage of everything we could while there for 2 nights: daily wine/beer reception in the lodge, heated outdoor pool and warm Central Oregon sunshine, men's and women's cruiser bikes, on-site brewery and the SPA! I couldn't ask for more - I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

The shades on the bedside lamps did not shade the glaring light bulbs. Even if you consider that the management probably changed from incandescent to fluorescent bulbs to save energy, the lamps were poorly designed. Everything in the hotel is based on the Arts and Crafts period but the designers who lived 100 years ago actually cared about function and comfort. The hotel was overpriced but pretty nice otherwise. I loved the pine trees.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Phoebe059
Noti, OREGON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Five Pine Lodge. My fiance and I stayed the night and it was incredibly beautiful. I was in awe of how nice our cabin was and the amWeenties of a nice soft pillow bed, a fireplace, and a wonderful tub that the water came down from the ceiling, very romantic. We had a nice snack in the brewery lounge.. wonderful chocolate torts.. and we took a nice evening walk around the grounds. The patio was gorgeous with wildflowers, a pond and creek ..very scenic setting in the Pines. I am a native Oregonian and he is from Edmonton Alberta. We will be back for sure. I love Sisters Oregon and the Five Pine Lodge..hope to see you all at Christmas time!!!Happy trails to yall.. Karen from Noti, OREGON

Room Tip: Any of the Rustic Wonderful Newly built Cabins are very spacious, comfy and cozy with Western Flaire...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aspiritedfilly
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Drove down from Edmonton Alberta Canada came across this lodge off hi way drove past then turned around checked in the lodge catches my eye really out standing place. cabin was great out standing shock was like a dream home in side staff was great and respectful lots other places I been could learn alot from this staff. I give 100 stars if could. I found the place to spend my week after get married next spring we be back with my lady I met yr ago in Oregon. Be anniversary same time.
THANK YOU ALL STAFF.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Elvin71
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

This was our second time at Five Pine and I love it more each visit! The rooms are cozy yet spacious in the lodge and it is quiet and peaceful. There are comfy chairs on the patio to enjoy the wooded setting and the wine hour is perfect for mingling with other guests and enjoying the lodge or the outdoor area. Breakfast in the morning is always a treat. Fresh fruits and breads and wonderful coffee and juices beautifully presented are a perfect start to any day! This is my favorite Central Oregon retreat!

• Stayed July 2012
      Cleanliness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sisters
Best Western Ponderosa Lodge
Pine Ridge Inn
Pine Ridge Inn
#8 of 43 in Bend
The Lodge at Eagle Crest

Been to Five Pine Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!