When we arrived at the motel at about 6.0pm on 29th June nobody was in attendance to book us in (we had booked two nights the 29 and 30th June) instead, in front of the office on a grubby table was a very dirty telephone. The printed instruction on the table was to dial the number quoted to “book in”. This I duty did and we were allocated room 2, the key I was informed would be in front of the micro-wave in the room.
Sure enough the door of room 2 was unlocked and the key was lying in front of the microwave.
The room was small and dingy and the room only had one small light, which was very dim, to finish off the effect there was only one wooden chair in the room.
The air-conditioning unit had the front hanging off and when switched on blew out a cloud of dust; it was also very noisy.
The shower was the smallest we had ever seen and water came out of only half of the small showerhead, the other half was blocked. The washbasin was stained and did not have a plug!
To finish off the delightful effect the bed was hard and had a dip in the middle.
We stayed just one night and left early the next morning.
If anybody is in the area and looking for somewhere to stay for the night, do yourself a favour and sleep in the car!