“Horrible”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed here to attend my nieces wedding. AC did not work, and I was charged for 5 nights. I stayed only 2 nights. After many talks with the manager,(who was very rude) 10 days later I got my money back. No one appologized, no one offered to comp my room, manager tried to make out that what had happened was my fault. I will never stay there again and I will tell everyone I know not to stay there. It was the worst experiece I have ever had.

1  Thank Candy S

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I reserved rooms here for my wedding. I called five days ahead to cancel any unreserved rooms(48 hrs was required). Four days later the manager called with no recollection of the conversation and charged me for the remaining 12 rooms. She did not apologize or seem the least bit sorry (the day before the wedding!) and was not at all flexible. Since I know I called and talked to her, the manager was obviously lying and the owner was nowhere to be found (apparently out of state). The manager was only concerned with the potential lost revenue (which was her fault, since I had called) and not at all with the future loss of customers from my family (we used to send people there often).

To top it all off, my family who did stay had a horrible experience with no A.C. and were charged double which caused their bank to be overdrawn. I will never stay there again and will tell all family to stay away.

1  Thank Kelsey S
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We ended up in Village Inn, in Springfield, because all hotels were full in Eugene on the day of our daughter's graduation. I was not expecting much and was hoping for the best so I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that our accommodations were okay. This is not a hotel so you cannot expect the big fluffy pillows, silky sheets, thick towels and large bathrooms. For us, it was nice that we were freeway close, hot coffee was available in the morning, and we were able to get a good night's sleep.

1  Thank momdds
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed a week for a vacation and wedding. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, with some newer makeovers. Our room had a microwave and small refrigerator. We had 4 other family members who enjoyed their rooms. The free continental breakfast includes juice, coffee, bagels, toast, muffins, bananas and apples, and instant oatmeal. Sorry, no waffles. Since we were traveling with two kids, it was quite a bargain. Coffee is available any time and there is a popcorn machine in the lobby. The pool is clean and has a spa.
Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GlennOrlando
Reviewed 4 February 2011

The rooms were clean, quiet and roomy. Reasonable rate! The front desk was really helpful and the on site manager was a delight. The new owners just took over the property and are doing a lot of renovating. It was nice and quiet and very "homy". We will return on our next trip!!!! And the continental breakfast was a plus!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank iluv2travel123
Reviewed 8 October 2010

An older 2 story hotel with a very nice courtyard and lots of parking.
The rooms are nicely cared for and the new owners are busy upgrading everything.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I found this morel on-line listed as three star motel, endorsed by AAA. What a disappointment. Old, smelly motel not worth 86$ per night. We will never stay in again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#15 of 38 in Eugene
Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!