“Close to Autzen Stadium”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Oregon
“Close to Autzen Stadium”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It was a struggle finding a place to stay over Labor Day and opening day for U of O football. This hotel was actually mentioned by a competitor.
Overall the place is decent. Nothing really special. But the rate was outstanding for the area!
Something to note is that there is an apartment complex behind this hotel which shares the same name. If you want to swim in the pool you will be using the apartment complex pool, so that was interesting. And they charge you a $10 key deposit.
We did find a dead bug on a pillow. We mentioned it at checkout. They weren't concerned. Also, one of the beds was terrible. Sagged greatly in the middle.
Part of our family went to the Duck game. It was a breeze dropping them off and picking them up. Probably a 5-10 minute drive.
We ate at the Restaurant on site and it was great.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank clarandelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Langlois, Oregon
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This had everything I needed and was very comfortable. It's nice to have a good restaurant right there, and the freeway (I-105) is easy to access yet not noisy. The pool is exceptionally nice and refreshing. My only comment is that the refridgerator was noisy and ran all the time. I ended up turning it off at night. And the toilet has a weak flush - had to hold the handle down until the bowl emptied.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ginney E
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed here to attend my nieces wedding. AC did not work, and I was charged for 5 nights. I stayed only 2 nights. After many talks with the manager,(who was very rude) 10 days later I got my money back. No one appologized, no one offered to comp my room, manager tried to make out that what had happened was my fault. I will never stay there again and I will tell everyone I know not to stay there. It was the worst experiece I have ever had.

1 Thank Candy S

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I reserved rooms here for my wedding. I called five days ahead to cancel any unreserved rooms(48 hrs was required). Four days later the manager called with no recollection of the conversation and charged me for the remaining 12 rooms. She did not apologize or seem the least bit sorry (the day before the wedding!) and was not at all flexible. Since I know I called and talked to her, the manager was obviously lying and the owner was nowhere to be found (apparently out of state). The manager was only concerned with the potential lost revenue (which was her fault, since I had called) and not at all with the future loss of customers from my family (we used to send people there often).

To top it all off, my family who did stay had a horrible experience with no A.C. and were charged double which caused their bank to be overdrawn. I will never stay there again and will tell all family to stay away.

1 Thank Kelsey S
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We ended up in Village Inn, in Springfield, because all hotels were full in Eugene on the day of our daughter's graduation. I was not expecting much and was hoping for the best so I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that our accommodations were okay. This is not a hotel so you cannot expect the big fluffy pillows, silky sheets, thick towels and large bathrooms. For us, it was nice that we were freeway close, hot coffee was available in the morning, and we were able to get a good night's sleep.

1 Thank momdds
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed a week for a vacation and wedding. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, with some newer makeovers. Our room had a microwave and small refrigerator. We had 4 other family members who enjoyed their rooms. The free continental breakfast includes juice, coffee, bagels, toast, muffins, bananas and apples, and instant oatmeal. Sorry, no waffles. Since we were traveling with two kids, it was quite a bargain. Coffee is available any time and there is a popcorn machine in the lobby. The pool is clean and has a spa.
Overall a good stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GlennOrlando
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 February 2011

The rooms were clean, quiet and roomy. Reasonable rate! The front desk was really helpful and the on site manager was a delight. The new owners just took over the property and are doing a lot of renovating. It was nice and quiet and very "homy". We will return on our next trip!!!! And the continental breakfast was a plus!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank iluv2travel123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#12 of 36 in Eugene
Valley River Inn
Valley River Inn
#5 of 36 in Eugene

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!