“Needs some work”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Henderson, Nevada
“Needs some work”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We made a stop here on our way home from California and needed rooms in Springfield for the night. The property looks very nice and could be a gem with a little improvement. There is a restaurant on the property but the breakfast is provided in a small area next to the front desk. There's not much choices and it gets crowded in no time. It would be nicer to have a quick, inexpensive breakfast in the restaurant similar to the specials served at places like Sharis and Dennys. It might add a few dollars to the room charge but make it a better value overall. The rooms were warm and the a/c wasn't up to cooling them. We got a good rate but would still stay somewhere else the next time we pass through Springfield.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were coming back from a road trip and decided to spend the night before driving further. In the room we reserved the bathroom light wasn't working, so we were moved right away in a new room and got upgraded to a king size. It was decent, fairly clean, but has a convenient location off the highway, has a decent restaurant on site, so for people passing through is a good location for a very decent price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

i have stayed at many hotels due to me and my girlfriend having doctors out of town! i have never had the problems i had here, and not once have i been made to feel wrong or made to cry!! check in was a hassle, they ran my credit card, told me it was declined, i knew how much money was on there, so i called the card again and it told me a payement was made to village inn! at first the hotel asked me what i wanted them to do, heck i dont know i dont work here! finally after a half hour and a forced check inn we got our room! on our 2nd night we borrowed money to pay for a 3rd night after findng out we had another appt, i went down to pay, the girl and the front desk was a fraud! she lulls me into a false sense of security telling me not to worry about paying she would comp the room for all my troubles, sweet or so i thought! so me and my gf went out to dinner, the next day at 1230 i get a call from front desk asking me if i was going to pay for the third night, went down to office to figure this out, long story short i was told it was my fault, made to feel like a liar, eve tho it was the other employe who couldnt comp in the first place, after my third trip down to office, i came back to the room crying, i have never seen a motel who wasnt willing to make the person happy, and have never seen themtreat people the way we were treated!!! befor we left we cleaned the room thouroughly for its not housekeepings fault the front desk is rude, and to top it off when i turned in my key i was told we weren welcome back, once again validating the fact that they believed i was wrong! how i didnt do anything! my girlfriend and i are disabled, and becasue of them we ended up having to sleep in our cars that night! so please dont waste your time or money!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The only reason we are giving this place any stars at all is because of Whitney (front desk) and the maid. Checking in was a nightmare We are both disabled and on a limited budget. We checked card balance just before checking in. Went to check in and it kept saying the card was declined. After a re-check of the balance it said that a payment was made to Village Inn. Went back in and Whitney went above and beyond to help us. finally giving us a forced check in until it could all be figured out. We were hot and tired and had a very long drive up and a busy day. The maid (wish I knew her name) was very sweet and helpful. She found the smoke detector wasnt working in the room and had to search a few other rooms to find one that worked. The room smelled nice but we found big cigarette burns in the carpet, Nicotine dripping down the walls of the bathroom and into the room itself and a hole in the wall from where the door knob was hitting it. On our second day we went up to the office to pay for another night as we had to stay one more night for a very important medical appointment. We had to borrow the money from my daughter to do this. After telling the woman at the front desk what a nightmare checking in was she said she would comp the room for the last night. We were thrilled and went to Denny's for dinner and got desert with the money she saved us. Friday rolls around and about 12:30 we get a call from the front desk asking if we were going to stay another night. Uhhh yes it was all arranged and we were told the room was comped for the night. Turns out the woman that comped Friday night had no authority to do that. After going up to the office several times to see what was going on and getting more and more attitude each time we went up we had quite enough. We packed our things and left. When we went to the office to return the key cards we were told we were not welcome back! REALLY?? No worries we will never return! And we intend to tell everyone we know to steer clear of this place! Because we had spent the money we THOUGHT we had we didnt even have enough for a room somewhere else. We ended up spending the night in our car because of this whole mess. May I mention one more time we are disabled!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We needed a place for 1 night, quick off the hiway that wasn't downtown Eugene, close to the U of O. AAA rated, but I think maybe only 1 star but in our price range 75-90. We didn't have our book. Comfortable, if slightly retro 70's type of furnishings: basic, basic, basic. Bed soft for most folks. Restaurant next to hotel actually pretty good and Denny's style. Generous 1/2 chef salad, home made croutons, dressings, nice presentation.

Room Tip: Always away from any stairs. You felt every step. Could have a smoking section.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Had a 2Q room, disability. Bathroom was fabulous A. Main room was totally typical, a tv, a desk, 2 beds, a heater/ac unit, some blah paintings. Small metal ramp into room. Close to ice machine and back parking lot. Motel is recessed below the busy street of Mohawk (aka 14th) in central Springfield. For newcomers Springfield is long from 1st to about 75th on Main which splits downtown into one-way streets. It has a northern part (mostly houses) and it is cut in half by the I-105 (aka 126 aka Chris Killcullen highway). Its the "freeway" (actually an expressway since it has stoplights on it) that connects 58th in Springfield and Eugene (going e-w) and crosses the I-5 (north and south). Off I-5 is Gateway area which is our mall, and shops and restaurants area. it has the big motels like Holiday Inn, Best Western, etc. The ONLY decent motel that is NOT in the Gateway (aka Beltline area) is the Village inn. It's quiet, has its own restaurant, is across from Izzy's Pizza/buffet, near McDonalds, Subway, Burger King, 2 shopping strip malls, and its RIGHT OFF the I-105. It's probably 5 or so miles from I-5 and 8 miles or so from Eugene. So, if you want quiet, low traffic, nearby amenities and a decent/simple/affordable restaurant (on premises) and you don't need to be near Eugene, this is a good spot. Staff is friendly. If visiting anyone in Springfield its a good location. Its WAY less expensive than the big chains and during big U of O games if the others sell out, this may be your best bet. Dog friendly. Clean. Not fancy, but totally adequate and has everything around it you might need.

Room Tip: The courtyard faces all the rooms on the north side, the restaurant is in the middle and the rooms o...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My no-compromise items are safe and clean, and this hit both. I am always looking for dog friendly places, and this one is truly dog friendly (as opposed to advertising dog friendly and then giving you an attitude). The room was large, comfortable and quiet and everything worked. The location is great. If you don't need lots of frills, but like a good value, this place is for you.

Room Tip: I'd take the second floor if possible--windows on the first floor look right out onto the parkin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#6 of 36 in Eugene
Best Western New Oregon
Best Western New Oregon
#12 of 36 in Eugene

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!