“I liked it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Washington, DC
“I liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you're looking for a reasonably priced and no frills motel, this is it. The clientele varied from traveling families to live-ins to me (visiting family) which makes it that much more interesting. I'm not into the fancy schmancy fake hospitality of the big name hotels and frankly I can't afford them. If you need more than a comfortable room with hand to foot service, this might not be the place for you.

The rooms were clean, the hotel clerks were helpful and nice, the housekeeping was good, and the property was in fair shape. The pool was great - brought my niece's kids over for the afternoon. The only problem I had during my stay was at the pool. Some boss-lady-type came by with a small group and asked my niece if she was wearing a swimsuit. Then badgered her after she said yes. Of course that's NOT a reflection on the Village Inn so just putting it out there.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

For the affordable rate I paid my room was simple, functional. quiet and clean. Staff I had interactions with were all very pleasant and helpful; went above and beyond for two requests I made to front desk. Conveniently located. I would stay again and recommend to travelers on a slim(like mine) budget. The Inn website depicted the setting accurately - if you want 5-star go pay for 5-star - this was a nice, family oriented site.

Room Tip: ask to stay on patio side
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mercer Island, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Village Inn owners also own the slum apartments behind the motel, which isn't advertised on the website. So when you go to relax by the pool you also get the residents and kids of the apartments screaming and smoking right beside you. AWESOME!!!. We cancelled our reservation upon finding this out and the Village Inn kept our pre-paid nights stay. The young lady at check in was very nice and just doing her job, however to not let people know they will be sharing the pool with a whole apartment complex is dishonest. To keep our money is just plain dirty business. We had a great clean new room and private pool at the Best Western. $20 more but so worth it.

Room Tip: My tip....Stay at the Best Western
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Edmonds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We made a stop here on our way home from California and needed rooms in Springfield for the night. The property looks very nice and could be a gem with a little improvement. There is a restaurant on the property but the breakfast is provided in a small area next to the front desk. There's not much choices and it gets crowded in no time. It would be nicer to have a quick, inexpensive breakfast in the restaurant similar to the specials served at places like Sharis and Dennys. It might add a few dollars to the room charge but make it a better value overall. The rooms were warm and the a/c wasn't up to cooling them. We got a good rate but would still stay somewhere else the next time we pass through Springfield.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were coming back from a road trip and decided to spend the night before driving further. In the room we reserved the bathroom light wasn't working, so we were moved right away in a new room and got upgraded to a king size. It was decent, fairly clean, but has a convenient location off the highway, has a decent restaurant on site, so for people passing through is a good location for a very decent price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

i have stayed at many hotels due to me and my girlfriend having doctors out of town! i have never had the problems i had here, and not once have i been made to feel wrong or made to cry!! check in was a hassle, they ran my credit card, told me it was declined, i knew how much money was on there, so i called the card again and it told me a payement was made to village inn! at first the hotel asked me what i wanted them to do, heck i dont know i dont work here! finally after a half hour and a forced check inn we got our room! on our 2nd night we borrowed money to pay for a 3rd night after findng out we had another appt, i went down to pay, the girl and the front desk was a fraud! she lulls me into a false sense of security telling me not to worry about paying she would comp the room for all my troubles, sweet or so i thought! so me and my gf went out to dinner, the next day at 1230 i get a call from front desk asking me if i was going to pay for the third night, went down to office to figure this out, long story short i was told it was my fault, made to feel like a liar, eve tho it was the other employe who couldnt comp in the first place, after my third trip down to office, i came back to the room crying, i have never seen a motel who wasnt willing to make the person happy, and have never seen themtreat people the way we were treated!!! befor we left we cleaned the room thouroughly for its not housekeepings fault the front desk is rude, and to top it off when i turned in my key i was told we weren welcome back, once again validating the fact that they believed i was wrong! how i didnt do anything! my girlfriend and i are disabled, and becasue of them we ended up having to sleep in our cars that night! so please dont waste your time or money!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

The only reason we are giving this place any stars at all is because of Whitney (front desk) and the maid. Checking in was a nightmare We are both disabled and on a limited budget. We checked card balance just before checking in. Went to check in and it kept saying the card was declined. After a re-check of the balance it said that a payment was made to Village Inn. Went back in and Whitney went above and beyond to help us. finally giving us a forced check in until it could all be figured out. We were hot and tired and had a very long drive up and a busy day. The maid (wish I knew her name) was very sweet and helpful. She found the smoke detector wasnt working in the room and had to search a few other rooms to find one that worked. The room smelled nice but we found big cigarette burns in the carpet, Nicotine dripping down the walls of the bathroom and into the room itself and a hole in the wall from where the door knob was hitting it. On our second day we went up to the office to pay for another night as we had to stay one more night for a very important medical appointment. We had to borrow the money from my daughter to do this. After telling the woman at the front desk what a nightmare checking in was she said she would comp the room for the last night. We were thrilled and went to Denny's for dinner and got desert with the money she saved us. Friday rolls around and about 12:30 we get a call from the front desk asking if we were going to stay another night. Uhhh yes it was all arranged and we were told the room was comped for the night. Turns out the woman that comped Friday night had no authority to do that. After going up to the office several times to see what was going on and getting more and more attitude each time we went up we had quite enough. We packed our things and left. When we went to the office to return the key cards we were told we were not welcome back! REALLY?? No worries we will never return! And we intend to tell everyone we know to steer clear of this place! Because we had spent the money we THOUGHT we had we didnt even have enough for a room somewhere else. We ended up spending the night in our car because of this whole mess. May I mention one more time we are disabled!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#4 of 34 in Eugene
BEST WESTERN New Oregon
BEST WESTERN New Oregon
#14 of 34 in Eugene

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!